Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

- BR rant/request-

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
- BR rant/request-

i'm wondering if anyone else had the same bad customer treatment from Buschur Racing.

i ordered a camera mount last month for a track meet this coming sunday (4/19). the camera mount was 'out of stock' (which could happen, of course - but they never updated their website saying that it was out of stock) so i sent them emails with concerns that i needed them by the 19 of april. a corrispondent (sales rep A)assured me that i could receive them by then, so i never thought of looking for another camera mount.

however, i was getting increasingly worried that i wasn't getting the mount because there was less than a week's worth of time. so i gave them a call today and spoke to another rep (sales rep B), saying that he got them in today and wont be able to ship them out for a few days. then he told me that i unless i upgrade to a next-day shipping, which he said would cost around $40, i wouldn't get them. his tone and attitude was uneasy, so i called again, asking for sales rep A. sales rep B picked up the phone and insisted that he can resolve it and that sales rep A should not be bothered. so i told him that it was me again, and requested if anything could be done, since i've waited more than necessary and that i was assured i could get the mount. sales rep B said he 'can't compensate the shipping for such a petty item' (exact words) and he'll see what he can do AFTER the mount has been assembled (taking a few days). then i asked to cancel the order, since i'll have no use for it if it arrives after the track. sales rep B responded with a VERY annoyed/aggrivated voice, then hung up the phone without confirming the cancellation. ......and i dare not call back.

the camera mount cost $25, and it really is a petty thing to be complaining about, but i am now mountless for this track meet. so does anyone know where i can buy a camera mount and have it shipped to me (riverside, ca) within a week? or perhaps somewhere near here where i can go buy it in person? or anybody selling their camera mount?

thanks
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, that sucks. I have heard of people making them themselves if you have some welding skills.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Petty item huh?? Wow... dnt be shy.. say who it was..
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OH COME ON... I am sure you are blowing this all out of proportion
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

I personally haven't ever had problems with Buschur. That sucks this happened and whether or not you are blowing anything out of proportion, we only have one side of the story. Best of luck getting a mount and with your time at the track.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Haven't had any problems with them myself. Who knows. Maybe they were having a bad day. They will probably resolve the issue. If not, and you're not happy, don't shop with them anymore. I wouldn't if I had issues. I wish I had that opportunity with my dealership, lol. G/L
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Sorry about that. I/O Port Racing started life out making camera mounts, they WILL have them in stock. Are you mounting to a bar or you using the window suction method?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

I have had huge problems with BR... so this doesnt surprise me one bit.. Spend 14K there and have your car handed to you like they didnt care and lots of problems.. Thats what I went through...
Old Apr 13, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff
OH COME ON... I am sure you are blowing this all out of proportion

I would say hes not.. Your on there bandwagon.. not everyone has that privilege... Sucks when hard earned money gets treated poorly and they dont care as long as the cash is in there pocket and they have the upperhand on you signing a paper when picking something up to protect themselves with full knowledge on what they did and are handing out and what problems will occur and they just dont care.... They probably laugh at people that come there and they hand a car to a individual and they didnt put the full 100% into that vehicle.. Big difference where are these stories about AMS????? Thats right there are none...

Last edited by typac69; Apr 13, 2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

IOport mounts are great for moutning on a rollbar/cage
Old Apr 13, 2009, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by typac69
I have had huge problems with BR... so this doesnt surprise me one bit.. Spend 14K there and have your car handed to you like they didnt care and lots of problems.. Thats what I went through...
Please elaboratge then. BR is one of only 2 shops that Ive never had problems with thru over 8 years of DSM and EVO vehicles.

From my expeirence BR is among the best of the best. Id like to hear the story. If you dont want to post it here then u can PM me if u like.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 03:24 PM
Former Sponsor

I just took my camera to home depot and got a little creative. Cost me around $30 for everything to make it work.

Cheers!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Ive had AMS do the same thing as this guy is complaining about with his mount to my rotors. SO YES it has happened to AMS. I just didnt make a big deal about rotors that tooks 6 weeks to get even after I called 3 weeks after the order.

Now I also call and place an order and never order online from anyone.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

I woulnd't say he's blowing it out of proportion. He said exactly what happened, and it just sounds really bad. Good thing there is a review section for this kind of stuff. It probably is pretty tedious to update a website that large when "petty" items like that go in and out of stock. I can understand that a shipping upgrade would not be offered for an item of that value, but the situation (you ordered a week ago etc.) should have justified a shipping upgrade free of charge in my opinion.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Im Sure the buschur folks will pop in here and give their side.It seems when we have these posts that its never as simple as its stated.

Quick Reply: - BR rant/request-