Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

MELLON does it again! Round 2...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2009, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MELLON does it again! Round 2...

Well, for those that saw my previous thread where Chris a.k.a. Mellon Tuning had fixed my irratic lean issues and on the edge tuned Evo9 by giving me a fresh custom tune using some PTE780cc injectors... would know what an awesome job he did. He basically restored by 342 whp but w/ a safe air/fuel ratio and solid tune!
Anyways, months have gone by.... and now i am no longer just intake/exhaust. I have an FPGreen, 272 cams, front mount and new hardpipes w/ Tial BOV. (complete mod list in my sig) Well, of course i enlisted Mellon Tuning once again and he didnt dissappoint. I know the green should be maxed on alternative fuels and sky rocket boost, but for starters we decided to just complete the pumpgas tune. We carefully started at low boost since the airflow was so much different then slowly worked our way up. Chris is so meticulous in his tuning steps that your tune becomes so much more solid. Its not just tuned in the areas you'll most likely hit. But more complete. Not sure how to explain it... Lol. Anyways, here is my pumpgas tune prior w/ stock turbo and intake/exhaust versus my new FPgreen plot still on pumpgas but w/ supporting mods!
Attached Thumbnails MELLON does it again! Round 2...-tomtakase_oldvsnew.jpg  
Old Apr 17, 2009, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

very nice
Old Apr 18, 2009, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Chris always does an outstanding job. I'll be seeing him next month for a road tune. Hint, hint.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 06:53 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks Tom, always a pleasure working with you on the EVO, I love seeing the progression What's next for it?

holy crap, chem are you really going to make the road trip? that would be very cool to finally meet ya in person.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Cool, Chris is the shiz! Good increase!
Dan(chemwarrior), I am seeing Chris again next month as well!
Can't wait
Old Apr 18, 2009, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol as soon as i get my parts together and get this exterior done ill hope back in the engine and get this whole list of mods installed and get a mellon tune. btw mellon i have new pics for you via email
Old Apr 18, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Same boost before and after?
Old Apr 18, 2009, 08:31 AM

nice power tom. i need to get a ride in it. at least i can feel the evo seats again while my ride is down. lol
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jb103080
nice power tom. i need to get a ride in it. at least i can feel the evo seats again while my ride is down. lol
don't worry James, your evo will be back up soon i'm sure! But yeah, you got it man
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
thanks Tom, always a pleasure working with you on the EVO, I love seeing the progression What's next for it?
Yeah, your detailed writeups kinda inspired me to progress w/ the IX in the same manner. Heck, gives me something to do hobby wise away from the office and gives me a break from family at times... Lol

Next?? well, probably a racegas tune for sure. I think i'm becoming a power junky. I really wouldnt mind a built 2.0l and a larger turbo... but i just got a DSM and will probably tinker w/ that toy for a bit!
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrdevo
Same boost before and after?
its on higher boost. 24psi vs 28psi. But both on 93 octane pumpgas w/ virtually no knock. pretty rock solid tune w/ tons of torque making the drive to work a blast
Im sure w/ racegas + timing/boost it will wake up even more.

Btw, i am going to be dynoing it at a local mustang dyno to compare numbers. I have a feeling Chris' DLL #s are conservative but we'll see! Either way everyone that has ridden in the Evo are highly impressed and say its a whole different car now! so im pleased, lol...

i just hope i will be able to post my very first 11sec timeslip in the drag racing section soon! Lol... being stuck in the low 12s forever blows....
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by TakaseEVOIXSE
don't worry James, your evo will be back up soon i'm sure! But yeah, you got it man
found out that it's probably the flywheel. gonna get a couple things and get richard to get it all fixed up and up the boost on it a little bit. maybe when i get it straight we can run em for fun and see how bad i get spanked. lol
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jb103080
found out that it's probably the flywheel. gonna get a couple things and get richard to get it all fixed up and up the boost on it a little bit. maybe when i get it straight we can run em for fun and see how bad i get spanked. lol
Im sure he's doing a great job w/ the installs and it'll be a beast on higher boost!
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:55 AM

these are great numbers...im stayin in Tenn. for my first tune on my Evo
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

nice numbers! still working out the kinks on my new shortblock

Last edited by zeus1; Apr 20, 2009 at 01:56 PM.

Quick Reply: MELLON does it again! Round 2...