Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My horrible experience with Vivid Racing:

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for clarification so that I understand: you wanted a refund AND some parts? Not to marginalize your struggles but I don't believe thats reasonable. You certainly deserve a full refund or the parts you originally ordered, and the right to give them a little hell on the phone. I do not believe that you deserve both the refund AND the parts you ordered, that to me is a little unreasonable. In your own post you say you don't want free parts, you want the parts you ordered and thats understandable. Perhaps I just misunderstood what you are saying but it sounds like you are requesting a full refund, as well you want to keep whats already been shipped and have them ship the rest too. By full refund, do you just mean a refund for the parts you haven't received, or do you mean FULL refund?

Last edited by boozeup&riot; May 1, 2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old May 1, 2009, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only wanted a refund on the coilovers, since the order was never even placed from the beginning. That issue was resolved in a timely manner. Though he did try and hit me with a "re-stocking fee" for something that had never even left the warehouse. Which is nonsense.

I think you just mis-read what I was saying. I'm not asking for a refund rotors, and asking for them to be shipped. That would make me a crook. I'm asking for the parts I originally ordered, paid for, confirmed I ordered on several occasions, and was even told were in the mail.

Initially, I was told that I was being shipped a front and rear set of brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors. To my surprise, Brembo doesn't even make the rears for my car. I'm just requesting that the rears be shipped to me, as promised not only from my original order, but from the owner himself. To which he backed down, stating that since "I cancelled the bulk of my order, he can't help me". This is depite the fact that he (Rob) agreed to shipping me out a pair of rear rotora oem copies the very same day I cancelled my order of the coilovers.

He then proceeded to lie even further, stating that he thought I just wanted the cancel the order. I can clearly remember hanging up the phone with him angry the day I cancelled. The end of the convo went something like this:

Rob: So what do you want?
Me: I want my coilovers refunded, and the set of rotora rears shipped to me free of charge.
Rob: Ok. The order has been cancelled, and I'll ship out the rotors on Monday.
Me: Ok.
Rob: Is that it?
Me: Yes.

(This was late on a Friday afternoon, though it was mid-day for them I'd assume).

Granted, this is not word for word. But that's the gist of the convo. I specifically said on several occasions, that I'm not shelling out any more money after being inconvenienced for my time over a period of nearly 3 months, being insulted, and lied to.

Believe me, I could go on and on with this situation. It's issues like this, that make me think it's best to record conversations with new businesses.

The majority of the time, Rob seemed very apologetic, and said he wants to "work with me", but apologies only go so far without any action. He never worked with me, unless he was trying to hustle me for more of my money.

Last edited by Junon; May 1, 2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old May 1, 2009, 05:53 PM
JKD
Evolving Member

Thanks for sharing your experiences here on EvoM.
Old May 2, 2009, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear that man..
i hate vivid racing, i called once to order a act clutch disk and they said they ordered it a week later i call back to pick up the disk and they said that they forgot to order it....i was like wtf.... VIVID FTL...
Old May 2, 2009, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the heads up, I will not partake in any bussines with vivid racing. Karma is a *****.
Old May 2, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
man an i almost order a apr spoiler from them earlier this week but something told me to wait and i ending up getting one from elsewhere custom. So hmmmmmmm now i know to stay away from them. It sad to own a business and run its name into the ground over something so stupid just give him is rotors or give him is money back simple as that
Old May 2, 2009, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I ordered a Cosworth drop-in filter for my X. I got the invoice and then after about I week I requested an update and was rudely informed they will update when they know its shipped. Apparently it had shipped and I missed it because I had no tracking #, had to go and pick it up from UPS. Thier customer service seems to really lack where it counts.
Old May 2, 2009, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Ouch.. That sucks I would report to the BBB right away... These companies cant be doing this by screwing over people.. I did to one on here after I was screwed out 14K... Good luck with this.. Would help for them to chime in..
Old May 2, 2009, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by D420mac
I've had great experiences with Horespowerfreaks.com, and lancershop.com you should check them out! They will keep you informed, and great customer service!

+++1 on HPF, Always great customer service and get the parts out to you on time.
Old May 2, 2009, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the head up OP. I always think that there are always unhappy customers when you are doing customer service, they simply screwed up too many times.
Old May 2, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Looks like they haven't changed much. They have been pretty much ousted from the Subaru community for crappy customer service.
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/review-s...id-racing.html
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337726
Old May 2, 2009, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Junon
That's probably just reflecting my claim.
This business has been a BBB Accredited Business since April 2009. This means it supports BBB's services to the public and meets our BBB accreditation standards.

http://central-northern-western-ariz...7004033#rating
Old May 2, 2009, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Farred
This business has been a BBB Accredited Business since April 2009. This means it supports BBB's services to the public and meets our BBB accreditation standards.

http://central-northern-western-ariz...7004033#rating
Hm. It shows they have a number of complaints, yet it gives them an "A" rating.

Hopefully, that will change once this ordeal is settled. It's a shame that so many people have been screwed by this company, and they somehow manage to stay in business.
Old May 3, 2009, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

make all that money for themselves and dont care how they run a business..
Old May 4, 2009, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Junon
I only wanted a refund on the coilovers, since the order was never even placed from the beginning. That issue was resolved in a timely manner. Though he did try and hit me with a "re-stocking fee" for something that had never even left the warehouse. Which is nonsense.

I think you just mis-read what I was saying. I'm not asking for a refund rotors, and asking for them to be shipped. That would make me a crook. I'm asking for the parts I originally ordered, paid for, confirmed I ordered on several occasions, and was even told were in the mail.

Initially, I was told that I was being shipped a front and rear set of brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors. To my surprise, Brembo doesn't even make the rears for my car. I'm just requesting that the rears be shipped to me, as promised not only from my original order, but from the owner himself. To which he backed down, stating that since "I cancelled the bulk of my order, he can't help me". This is depite the fact that he (Rob) agreed to shipping me out a pair of rear rotora oem copies the very same day I cancelled my order of the coilovers.

He then proceeded to lie even further, stating that he thought I just wanted the cancel the order. I can clearly remember hanging up the phone with him angry the day I cancelled. The end of the convo went something like this:

Rob: So what do you want?
Me: I want my coilovers refunded, and the set of rotora rears shipped to me free of charge.
Rob: Ok. The order has been cancelled, and I'll ship out the rotors on Monday.
Me: Ok.
Rob: Is that it?
Me: Yes.

(This was late on a Friday afternoon, though it was mid-day for them I'd assume).

Granted, this is not word for word. But that's the gist of the convo. I specifically said on several occasions, that I'm not shelling out any more money after being inconvenienced for my time over a period of nearly 3 months, being insulted, and lied to.

Believe me, I could go on and on with this situation. It's issues like this, that make me think it's best to record conversations with new businesses.

The majority of the time, Rob seemed very apologetic, and said he wants to "work with me", but apologies only go so far without any action. He never worked with me, unless he was trying to hustle me for more of my money.

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry its been such a bad experience man.

Quick Reply: My horrible experience with Vivid Racing: