Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My horrible experience with Vivid Racing:

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vivid has always had an awful reputation.
Old May 4, 2009, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

so did you already give them the money for the parts before recieving them?

if that is so, they why is it soo hard for them to see the vast difference in prices. If your invoice says you only ordered rotors, but the charge was for a whole brake system, you should see it very clearly. Rotors cost what? - $500 for the set? a whole brembo brake system is above $2600? Comon! seriously!
Old May 4, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

I think I may have read another horror story or two on this site about Vivid in the past few years. Screw it. You should just pay a small amount of cash and have a good attorney write them a letter. It won't commit you to doing anything but if they are stupid enough to ignore a letter from an attorney, you'll already have one that knows what's going on. You wouldn't even need an attorney to fight them in court but the one that writes the letter for you can definately steer you on the right path of what to do. Businesses don't like to spend money to fight in court becuase they tried to rip someone off. They rarely win. Keep all of your receipts and definately keep good records of the conversations as you have been. If Vivid didn't eff up royally then they wouldn't have tried to give stuff away.

The customer is always right, except when he's wrong. They know they are in the wrong and they deserve to crash and burn for trying to blame you.

Maybe your money is to blame?
Old May 5, 2009, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by D420mac
I've had great experiences with Horespowerfreaks.com, and lancershop.com you should check them out! They will keep you informed, and great customer service!
I've also had good luck with horsepowerfreaks as well. Fast shipping and good customer service. Anytime I order from a forum vender, **** always goes wrong.
Old May 5, 2009, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Vivid racing has been horrible for years I have no idea why they are still in business
Old May 5, 2009, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

ok now that doesnt sound that nice! Thanks for the heads up man! Sorry to hear about it tho!
Old May 5, 2009, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My friend recently ordered AP fuel rails for his STI, that was a big mistake. It turned out to be a huge ordeal and he barely got everything in time before his tune.

Another friend ordered lug nuts from them and after being told they were being shipped out twice was finally told they were on back order for a month.

Vivid is a joke! Probably why mitch doesn't work there anymore.
Old May 5, 2009, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

I've always order from vivid and I've never had any problems.....but i guess like with anywhere else there are slip-ups from time to time.... its just maybe they've had them more often than not...
Old May 5, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Damn! Sorry to hear that buddy! I almost ordered from them a few times, but luckily I like to shop around and found better prices!
Old May 5, 2009, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

i ordered once from vivid, never again.

HPF
Old May 5, 2009, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honestly i am not sure why there are so many "Vivid is horrible" posts. I am sure most of the negative responses are just hear say.

I personally have ordered many parts from Vivid including my custom ordered Volks.

Issues do happen and no company would purposely not take care of their customers, they obviously would not be in business for so long if that is their mission statement.

It seems you guys did not come to an agreeable conclusion, on your end anyway. However there is no reason to post this everywhere and openly bash a company.

Anyway good luck.
Old May 5, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bolio
Looks like they haven't changed much. They have been pretty much ousted from the Subaru community for crappy customer service.
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/review-s...id-racing.html
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337726
+1
Here is one of my buddies horrible experiences with them from NASIOC: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2#post16591992
Old May 5, 2009, 12:19 PM

junon
contacting the bbb is ok but i think u might be better off writing the states attorneys office. I have used them in the past in illinois and had good success. good luck
Old May 5, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jonjon123
junon
contacting the bbb is ok but i think u might be better off writing the states attorneys office. I have used them in the past in illinois and had good success. good luck
Yes go both route, thats very good advice
Old May 5, 2009, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the advice/ support everyone. I'll keep you all posted with information as it comes.

I will look into attorney action. I actually have to meet with my lawyer within the next week or so regardless for a reckless ticket :\ Might as well ask his opinion on the situation.

Quick Reply: My horrible experience with Vivid Racing: