Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My horrible experience with Vivid Racing:

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another EvoM member just brought this thread to my attention.

Junon - I honestly am sorry to hear about your situation. I know from my own personal experiences with vendors on other forums, it really can be hit or miss in terms of a smooth business transaction. This is in no way making light of the situation - it's more to stress what Jean already stated. That for every unsatistfactory event, there are hundreds of great ones.
I don't know the details of your situation other then what you've posted in this thread. Things should have never escalated to the level they did, and I hope at this point the situation has been or is being resolved (I see you last updated on 4/29/09).

If it's any consulation, Abe no longer works at Vivid; he was let go last week due to his poor customer service. I know you've been told that before, but feel free to call use repeatedly throughout any day - you'll never hear from him.

Again, I'd like to apologize for the poor customer service, and hopefully things are soon resolved.

- Adam
Old May 12, 2009, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i posted earlier in the thread about just ordering from vivid, the order was placed very smooth shipped very quick and i received it tody in perfect condition

my exp with vivid was very good and i would not hesitate to do buisness with them again
Old May 13, 2009, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adam,

I appreciate you chiming in on this thread. I have yet to resolve the situation, nor has your company made any effort to resolve it through BBB (as of May 12). Whether Abe works there or not, makes no difference to me. Despite the fact he has poor customer service, I'm more disappointed that I was lied to, on several occassions, by both the "owner", and an employee.

BBB has actually advised me not to contact you directly. However, if you have a way to resolve this situation, I'm open to suggestions. It's doubtfull though, since Rob doesn't "give away free parts", regardless of the fact that I (again) confirmed it on many occassions with Abe, and was promised the rotors would be in the mail by Rob himself, to no avail.

I can handle poor customer service, that's inevitable at some point in time. But I cannot tolerate liars.

- Jason

Originally Posted by Jean
Issues do happen and no company would purposely not take care of their customers, they obviously would not be in business for so long if that is their mission statement.

It seems you guys did not come to an agreeable conclusion, on your end anyway. However there is no reason to post this everywhere and openly bash a company.

Anyway good luck.
Sorry I missed this. I've tried on many occassions to resolve this privately with the owner of the company, only to be lied to, lead on, and not once did I get a return call (I had to call in myself to get an answer everytime). I even told him (Rob) that this would happen (BBB, and spreading word of the situation). I don't take comfort knowing I'm giving them a bad rep, I'm not that sort of guy. But, I'm a man of my word. If I say I will escalate the situation if there is no resolution, I will.

How else would you suggest I handle the situation? I tried to be reasonable in every way possible -- no answer, so I should just sit and take a loss? I don't think so.

Granted, I'm guilty of losing my temper over the phone, but who wouldn't?

Last edited by Junon; May 13, 2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old May 13, 2009, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jean
Honestly i am not sure why there are so many "Vivid is horrible" posts. I am sure most of the negative responses are just hear say.

I personally have ordered many parts from Vivid including my custom ordered Volks.

Issues do happen and no company would purposely not take care of their customers, they obviously would not be in business for so long if that is their mission statement.

It seems you guys did not come to an agreeable conclusion, on your end anyway. However there is no reason to post this everywhere and openly bash a company.

Anyway good luck.

why not openly say your experience about a company? I'm glad to hear stories like this because all this guy wanted was to have his parts ordered and not wait months for them and be lied to. I 100% won't do business with a company that does business like this. Yeah i realize you can't please everybody but vivid obviously handle this all wrong. My parents own their own business so, i know all about ticked off customers it's just how you can handle it. Vivid shouldn't have lied and they should have refunded his money right away if they couldn't get the order taken care of. They made him wait for over a month and now it has turned into a big ordeal when it shouldn't have.

Just makes me happy i do all my business with the best customer service in the business, CBRD!!!

Last edited by godmiller10; May 13, 2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old May 13, 2009, 08:41 AM

Update: Vivid has just responded to the claim. I look forward to a resolution. Will post pertinent details as they come.
Old May 13, 2009, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Money is money, and when people order something they expect to get it, sometimes things happen, but If theres a screw up with an oder say the truth and refund the money, maybe its easy to say... but lies wont get you anywhere and just make a bad name. good luck.
Old May 13, 2009, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Junon

Sorry I missed this. I've tried on many occassions to resolve this privately with the owner of the company, only to be lied to, lead on, and not once did I get a return call (I had to call in myself to get an answer everytime). I even told him (Rob) that this would happen (BBB, and spreading word of the situation). I don't take comfort knowing I'm giving them a bad rep, I'm not that sort of guy. But, I'm a man of my word. If I say I will escalate the situation if there is no resolution, I will.

How else would you suggest I handle the situation? I tried to be reasonable in every way possible -- no answer, so I should just sit and take a loss? I don't think so.

Granted, I'm guilty of losing my temper over the phone, but who wouldn't?
I am in no way making an opinion or judgment of your character in my post. Its just as you can see you are going through so much trouble just to "honor your word". You have literally taken your precious time to go after them and "escalate" the situation which now creates more frustration and keeps this sad issue going on longer than it should.

I personally have always had great experience and just wanted to point that out as others have as well. I also wanted to point out that most of the negative feedback comments go something like this: my friend, i heard, i read which does nothing but creating meaningless posts and pages for people to read. A total waste of time.

It seems a no longer employed sales person gave you the incorrect info, which i assume came with a great price as it seems the amount paid can not cover the parts you actually wanted to order. I do feel Vivid Racing should be held responsible because of their employee's actions since he does represent Vivid Racing, also when this is said and done Abe will not carry a tarnished name but Vivid will.

In my opinion you have the absolute right to be angry and upset but in the same respect you are also demanding they uphold a price given (probably with no authority) to save face in the public's eye. That is also unfair.

They have offered to provide an alternative part at no cost (which i wouldn't want either) or offering the correct parts at cost (if i read correctly). That may not make you happy but it shows they are trying to work with you and bending to make sure you get the correct part. I also agree that they can't just give out rotors for free...

I personally would have returned the parts when things became unclear and my parts weren't ordered, for a refund and then taken my business elsewhere. This would have saved you from all this headache and posting. You would have had your parts later than planned but would have had them by now.

Sadly like i said it seems you guys did not come to an agreement that made you happy.

Its just many people get this notion that companies are out to screw you/them. What does a company like Vivid Racing who has made a pretty large name for themselves have to gain from screwing someone out of a set of rotors? Nothing... In the same respect they shouldn't have to fold or bend to every bad situation, they wouldn't have made it so far if they are doing that either. I think they have shown respect, sorrow and are trying to work in resolving the situation. Success does not come from lies and deceit and whether anyone wants to admit it or not Vivid is successful.

Originally Posted by godmiller10
why not openly say your experience about a company? I'm glad to hear stories like this because all this guy wanted was to have his parts ordered and not wait months for them and be lied to. I 100% won't do business with a company that does business like this. Yeah i realize you can't please everybody but vivid obviously handle this all wrong. My parents own their own business so, i know all about ticked off customers it's just how you can handle it. Vivid shouldn't have lied and they should have refunded his money right away if they couldn't get the order taken care of. They made him wait for over a month and now it has turned into a big ordeal when it shouldn't have.

Just makes me happy i do all my business with the best customer service in the business, CBRD!!!
Openly posting experiences is fine. I had an issue with all of the hear say posting.

My comment on the OP's post was that it seems that he has gone through the trouble of making the same post in more than one place in an effort to bash Vivid. I don't necessarily agree with that...

I am actually in Vivid's shoes everyday of the week. When at work and even when at home. So i know how it feels to be on either side of the fence. Since i am also a customer. To my luck all of the tons of stuff i have done and purchased for my car i have been treated well and even when things don't go perfect or as i would have hoped, I try to find the fastest and best way to get it solved. Which to me means getting the parts i wanted and getting them on my car so i can enjoy my car and move on.

In this case the OP did not get his parts in time and did not have them on for a track event (if i read his post correctly), from what i gather he still doesn't have them... So where has he gotten? No where. I don't know about the OP but the personal gratification of getting at Vivid on the forums or the BBB will not get him the parts or to the track.

At the end of the day this will prob end up as a lose lose situation for the OP. No parts for free (meaning his original deal which is obviously not correct will not be honored) and time wasted pursuing it.

Although the OP felt he has done everything he can, this thread does absolutely nothing to help him, just causing him more headache and taking up his time.

I have nothing to gain or lose from either the OP or Vivid. Just sharing my opinion since everyone else is doing the same.

p.s. i believe everyone should buy from and go the shops they feel comfortable with. That's what really matters but did CBRD really need a plug in this thread?

Last edited by Jean; May 13, 2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old May 13, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

no they didnt need to be plugged in this thread. I just randomely say CBRD is the sh*t all the time. It's called turrets, can't help it.

It also would have been really easy for vivid to say "hey, there was a problem and we don't have control over it so u want diff rotors or your money back?" That isn't hard. Abe and the manager lied to the guy!! right there was the wrong thing.

If i was this guy i would have did the samething and prolly more. What do u expect this guy to do, just turn the other cheek and walk away????? i highly doubt anyone would do that. Were talking some money here with rotors and all that other stuff. I 100% would be getting my money back or the product whichever way i could. I don't blame him at all. They want to keep messing around with him and not send him the product or refund his money......nah man take it as far as u want and post wherever until ur statisfied.
Old May 14, 2009, 04:06 AM

Really appreciate the timely info. I was going to place some orders with them. But after reading your post, I will not dare to order from Vivid, since if they have such a bad reputation. If the boss lies to his customers, then, what can we expect of his staff.
Old May 18, 2009, 01:01 PM

Glad I could help.

Still no word from Vivid in regards to a resolution.
Old May 19, 2009, 03:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pure EvoIX
ROFL

VIVID RACING FTL
Old May 19, 2009, 03:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Junon
Glad I could help.

Still no word from Vivid in regards to a resolution.
I despise companies w/ ****tie customer service. Good thing you brought things to light w/ your vivid racing experience. I just dont' understand why customer service gets lost

I hope you get your monies back. I hope those bastards at vivid racing get what they deserve.

Im with you brother, liars **** me off.
Old May 19, 2009, 11:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank you for this info

I'm glad you posted your experience with Vivid. I've been considering buying from them but, after reading through this, I'll take my business elsewhere... atleast shops that I've trusted over the yrs. It all comes do to...the customer is always right and be honest!
Old May 19, 2009, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bolio
Looks like they haven't changed much. They have been pretty much ousted from the Subaru community for crappy customer service.
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/review-s...id-racing.html
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337726
I bought some products from them when they only sold Subaru products. I will never buy from them again.
Old May 19, 2009, 12:11 PM

hmmm... interesting.
customer service is CRUCIAL when it comes to running a successful business.
Vivid whether right or wrong should pm'd, called or e-mailed the OP as soon as knowledge of this thread was known,to resolve the situation swiftly and responsibly.
and perhaps the owner/manager should think of a different approach to ensure his/her employees are given the right tools and or training to handle customers with top notch customer service. just my .02

Quick Reply: My horrible experience with Vivid Racing: