Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My horrible experience with Vivid Racing:

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont understand how a company could have bad customer service?

WERE FREAKIN PAYING YOU GUYS! top dollar for parts.

why would u wanna be so mean to us?

without us.. you vendors would be NOTHING! lol
Old May 19, 2009, 12:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by THE JAVI
hmmm... interesting.
customer service is CRUCIAL when it comes to running a successful business.
Vivid whether right or wrong should pm'd, called or e-mailed the OP as soon as knowledge of this thread was known,to resolve the situation swiftly and responsibly.
and perhaps the owner/manager should think of a different approach to ensure his/her employees are given the right tools and or training to handle customers with top notch customer service. just my .02

I agree...if they are a GOLD or better member of this site they could have pm'd. Either way, Calling and keeping you up to date with e-mails...anything would have been solid customer service. There inability to resolve this quickly says something about the company as a whole.
Old May 19, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know.. I'm the kind of person that always feels most people whine or complain about the little things..

But.. I too have had a horrible experience at Vivid Racing. And trust me I hardly ever complain.

IT HAS BEEN exactly 1 MONTH since I ordered a part from them.. And I still have yet to receive it.

Now I understand they where having issues obtaining this unit from their own vendor and I know that sounds like a valid reason.. However.. I fault them on these following points.

1. When they tell you they have your requested unit in stock in 2 weeks and it will ship at that time not only do I expect it to ship in 2 weeks but if it doesn't I at least expect a phone call or email to let me know there is a problem with my order.

2. I called them about 8 times throughout the last month and I have not been given a clear reason why it hasn't been shipped. Initially i was told they had 2 emergency units in stock and that because I have waited so long I would receive this kit and it would ship after 2 1/2 weeks from my order date. I said ok thanks and when it didn't arrive I called back only to find out nothing was ever initiated.

3. I don't like that out of the 8 phone calls I've had with them.. every time I hang up the phone with them they say.. Ok well call you back with a status and I have yet to receive one single return phone call.

4. I'm pretty damn close to simply cancel the order. I like the advertising on their waiting phone line but their customer service really does suck. I don't feel valued.. they haven't made an effort to make it up to me for waiting this long. Nothing.. Just giving me the run around and never returning my calls.

I will say I will never buy from them again and although I'm used to praising shops for their good work.. This is my first negative review of any vendor and I feel that should be a wake up call to their business.

In case you wondered.. I've been working with Duncan and Mike.. Both quite clueless. When I call one of them says.. I have to ask Mike on your order.. when I talk to Mike he says he has to talk to Duncan about the order. Seriously.. I'm not joking about this. Their customer service is that bad.
Old May 19, 2009, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
You know.. I'm the kind of person that always feels most people whine or complain about the little things..

But.. I too have had a horrible experience at Vivid Racing. And trust me I hardly ever complain.

IT HAS BEEN exactly 1 MONTH since I ordered a part from them.. And I still have yet to receive it.

Now I understand they where having issues obtaining this unit from their own vendor and I know that sounds like a valid reason.. However.. I fault them on these following points.

1. When they tell you they have your requested unit in stock in 2 weeks and it will ship at that time not only do I expect it to ship in 2 weeks but if it doesn't I at least expect a phone call or email to let me know there is a problem with my order.

2. I called them about 8 times throughout the last month and I have not been given a clear reason why it hasn't been shipped. Initially i was told they had 2 emergency units in stock and that because I have waited so long I would receive this kit and it would ship after 2 1/2 weeks from my order date. I said ok thanks and when it didn't arrive I called back only to find out nothing was ever initiated.

3. I don't like that out of the 8 phone calls I've had with them.. every time I hang up the phone with them they say.. Ok well call you back with a status and I have yet to receive one single return phone call.

4. I'm pretty damn close to simply cancel the order. I like the advertising on their waiting phone line but their customer service really does suck. I don't feel valued.. they haven't made an effort to make it up to me for waiting this long. Nothing.. Just giving me the run around and never returning my calls.

I will say I will never buy from them again and although I'm used to praising shops for their good work.. This is my first negative review of any vendor and I feel that should be a wake up call to their business.

In case you wondered.. I've been working with Duncan and Mike.. Both quite clueless. When I call one of them says.. I have to ask Mike on your order.. when I talk to Mike he says he has to talk to Duncan about the order. Seriously.. I'm not joking about this. Their customer service is that bad.
-----------------------
Sounds like you've been working with dumb and dumber. Do they have a computer..I sure its not that hard to find out the status of the order and get back to you....otherwise there just jacking you around. Its really sad because I'm sure you spent alot of money too on these parts. I hope you get a straight answer out of them soon. Good luck!
Old May 20, 2009, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
My point exactly. I've dealt with some shady customer service in the past, but nothing on this level, that has escalated nearly this far.

I even mentioned that Rob (the owner) that he has somehow managed to be the first person to EVER **** me off so much, that I actually yell over the phone. Hell, none my friends IRL believe I have the lung capacity to yell, I'm always the calm, cool, reserved guy. But if you insult me, you'll get my loud voice. He did just that, and then wondered why I was angry. Unbelieveable.

Still no phone call, message, anything, in regards to a resolution.
Old May 20, 2009, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

screw all that.... horsepowerfreaks, lancershop, and maperformance are the best... i've ordered over 5 g's of products from them and no problems...
Old May 20, 2009, 08:05 AM

Lancershop

I can honestly say I've never been disappointed with this shop at all. I've made many purchases in the past through them.
Old May 20, 2009, 03:22 PM

All these bad reviews bring back horror stories of them on NASIOC. That's why they were banned years ago there.
Old May 20, 2009, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Please update this.. Im the one who got Vivid to chime in.. And for it he gave me **** about it which I thought was really salty... Just makes me sick they get away this and nothing happens even on this site or BBB or whatever.. Needs to be cleaned up or your gone on a site like this..
Old May 20, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow i was seriously about to order some gauges from them...now i won't buy from these guys ever. it's scumbags like these that makes getting through this economy a living nightmare..

i'll definitely be sure to pass the word along...maybe we can run these liars out of business
Old May 20, 2009, 06:03 PM

It would be nice if they'd remove them from this site as a vendor. After all these bad things said it would only make sense.
Old May 20, 2009, 06:49 PM

I tried to order some brake pads 5 or 6 weeks ago for them. Called 4 or 5 times and was always sent to voice mail with no return call from them.
I actually went thru the EVO M vendor list to buy from. Should of checked this thread first.
Old May 21, 2009, 02:53 PM

Spoke with Dan, the other owner, not long ago.

Working on a resolution. I have to do some research, and I'll post updates with what happens.
Old May 21, 2009, 03:07 PM

Yep, heard that one on NASIOC as well.
Old May 21, 2009, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Wow i am sorry for all this you guys have more patients then i do cuz i would have shot someone by now lol sorry guys hope yall get it taken care of

Quick Reply: My horrible experience with Vivid Racing: