Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My horrible experience with Vivid Racing:

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2009, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor customer service really is junk. There is no excuse to not provide the services payed for, and whoever pays has the full right to be upset... I mean I'm sure most of use work hard for our money, well.. maybe not hard, but work heh. If we chose to spend it with somebody they should make sure they provide what it was spent on or a reasonable explanation.

Most of these people don't really care about the customer, employees anymore are just there for their paycheck, and if your not buying the parts for them.. why should they care they still get a paycheck, until the business goes under because of not ensuring their customers are taken care of properly.

In this amount of time this has been going I personally would have gotten a refund or disputed it through my bank/credit card company, already had parts from elsewhere and moved on with life...
Old May 22, 2009, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bluepeartype-s
It would be nice if they'd remove them from this site as a vendor. After all these bad things said it would only make sense.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Remember RNR and J-Ondemand?
Old May 27, 2009, 06:19 AM

Still no resolution.

Dan made an offer, though reasonable, I can't bring myself to run inferior products on my car. I proposed a counter offer, and I'm not sure he even fully read my email.

More details to follow tonite or tomorrow if they don't return my call/ contact me.
Old May 27, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by D420mac
Good Job! The customer is always right. Based on this I will not order from them I hate ****** Customer Service! It just makes the whole experience difficult and unenjoyable. Thanks for the heads up.
After reading this I too will not be buying from Vivid Racing.

Sounds like they just need to
Old Jun 1, 2009, 12:03 PM

As expected, no resolution.

Vivid has refused to return phone calls/voicemails, and is now contacting me solely by email.

Pathetic.

More information to follow, dependant upon how he decides to handle my previous three emails.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 02:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just get your money back and be done with it.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
PATHETIC RESPONSE FROM VIVID.

When a company makes a customer an offer, and the customer accepts and pays for the deal, the company is bound to follow through and send the parts, even if it ends up costing them money.

This is poor training, poor customer service, and poor business ethics. I'd not buy from any company who demonstrated one of these factors to any customer, because sooner or later, it will happen to you if it's accepted in the culture and business practices of the vendor.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
You know.. I'm the kind of person that always feels most people whine or complain about the little things..

But.. I too have had a horrible experience at Vivid Racing. And trust me I hardly ever complain.

IT HAS BEEN exactly 1 MONTH since I ordered a part from them.. And I still have yet to receive it.

Now I understand they where having issues obtaining this unit from their own vendor and I know that sounds like a valid reason.. However.. I fault them on these following points.

1. When they tell you they have your requested unit in stock in 2 weeks and it will ship at that time not only do I expect it to ship in 2 weeks but if it doesn't I at least expect a phone call or email to let me know there is a problem with my order.

2. I called them about 8 times throughout the last month and I have not been given a clear reason why it hasn't been shipped. Initially i was told they had 2 emergency units in stock and that because I have waited so long I would receive this kit and it would ship after 2 1/2 weeks from my order date. I said ok thanks and when it didn't arrive I called back only to find out nothing was ever initiated.

3. I don't like that out of the 8 phone calls I've had with them.. every time I hang up the phone with them they say.. Ok well call you back with a status and I have yet to receive one single return phone call.

4. I'm pretty damn close to simply cancel the order. I like the advertising on their waiting phone line but their customer service really does suck. I don't feel valued.. they haven't made an effort to make it up to me for waiting this long. Nothing.. Just giving me the run around and never returning my calls.

I will say I will never buy from them again and although I'm used to praising shops for their good work.. This is my first negative review of any vendor and I feel that should be a wake up call to their business.

In case you wondered.. I've been working with Duncan and Mike.. Both quite clueless. When I call one of them says.. I have to ask Mike on your order.. when I talk to Mike he says he has to talk to Duncan about the order. Seriously.. I'm not joking about this. Their customer service is that bad.

Took them 1 1/2 months but I finally got my part. Their excuse was that they couldn't get the part from their supplier.

I can understand how this could be difficult but 1 1/2 months. c'mon.. if they know that's the current problem then why even sell it online. Simply say it's not in stock and will not be replenished for another 1 1/2 months. Keep me informed..

What really killed me is that everytime I called.. Their answer for still not getting the part was literally this.

"I'm sorry Gilbert I called the lady again to see what's the hold up with the shipping but she simply hasn't returned my calls".

I got this line for over 3 weeks. C'mon seriously. I finally told him.. You know Give me this lady's number and I"ll call her.. As soon as I said this I received the part in less than 3 days.

Like I said.. my mouth is a bit sour from the experience and simply informing me to let me know they where on my side fighting to get my part would have gone a long way. I never raised my voice with them but I did let them know I felt my experience was very unacceptable.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:31 PM

I got some front pads and rotors from them last year. I got them almost a week later but thing i hated was they never updated when they shipped the stuff out never gave me a tracking number. I didnt know anything about how they was coming or when.So i had to call them and get a tracking number. That was the last time i delt with them and i dnt plan on dealing with them again

Last edited by DudesEVO8; Jun 5, 2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

1 1/2 month wait isnt bad for say some big part like coilovers, ive always thought vivid racing was a big name shop
Old Jun 8, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by borievoinitialD
screw all that.... horsepowerfreaks, lancershop, and maperformance are the best... i've ordered over 5 g's of products from them and no problems...
MaPerformance.com = FTW!! Excellent customer service and on-time shippment!!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Clutchdc5
1 1/2 month wait isnt bad for say some big part like coilovers, ive always thought vivid racing was a big name shop

It's a little box, about the size of a small laptop. And they originally told me I'd only wait 10 days to receive it.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

i say we remove vivid's privilege as a vendor on this forum...seems like not many people have anything good to say about these guys
Old Jun 9, 2009, 08:56 AM

Welp, prob not going to be any resolution. BBB closed the case stating that they made an effort to resolve. I'm still working with them off and on, but not expecting much. Basically I'm trying to explain how I got ripped off in terms of quality and customer service. It's nice they made the effort, but I refuse to run inferior parts on my car. Especially when I paid for quality.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 09:56 AM

I couldnt agree more, I've had a horrible experience with Vividracing. I ordered $400 or so of parts, payed online and they said it was a badaddress so they "refunded" my paypal. The reason it came up as a bad address was because of a recent zip code change in my town for the southern half of it, including me. This new zip code did not match the one linked to my paypal or card information so they deny'd my order. I called and left a voicemail, no responce, I sent and email explaining perfectly what happened, no responce. Still to this day, I have a charge for the total order price missing from my paypal, but on their behalf it says refunded.
Vividracing is total bull**** and they need to go die in the corner.
-Dave

Quick Reply: My horrible experience with Vivid Racing: