Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My horrible experience with Vivid Racing:

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
Like I said.. my mouth is a bit sour from the experience
That's what she said.

I've had friends with similar luck and I've never personally bought through vivid for that reason.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Soooo glad I read this post! Was just about to order a set of Volk te37s ! I'll take my biz somewhere else.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by DC5
June 4th, 2009:

I place an order for an Acura BASE Rsx 2002-2006 Greddy Spectrum Elite exhaust for a grand total of $630.00 shipped with Sean or Shawn (who is a ****ty sales rep).

June 5th, 2009:

I check fedex. I'm given a tracking number and an expected delivery date of June 10th, 2009.

June 10th, 2009:

I call fedex, rip them a new ******* only to be humbled and embarrased with the statement of, "Sorry Mr. Bennett, we have a tracking number but we never received the merchandise." I sincerely apologize and assure the rep that the entire wrath of Satan himself will come unleashed on the supplier, VividRacing.com

I call VividRacing and speak with Sean, my original sales rep at (and I have this memorized now because of the ****ty service) 1-866-44-VIVID ext 226. I ask him what the deal is. He says the following: "GReddy is currently on back order and you will receive your shipment near the end of july, when the next container comes in." I sit for a few moments and scratch my head while my blood boils. I say in a very calm tone: "Sean, How can you charge me for this and decide not to inform me about this backorder situation? What are our options then? How are we going to fix this?". He replies: "You can wait or I can refund you your money". I say "Ok, sean, refund me my money". He agrees and he says goodbye. Before he hangs up I ask for a confirmation of the refund. He assures he will have it e-mailed to me. About an hour has passed and nothing has hit my inbox. I attempt to reconnect with them via IM on their website, but..go figure, now their chat function is disabled. I call and speak with Duncan, with whom I immediately demand he transfer me to Sean. He claims sean is busy and will have him contact me. More time passes, Duncan must have forgotten. I call back, and HEY! I get in touch with Sean. I ask why I haven't received my confirmation and he replies that Jessica is taking care of it. I speak with jessica and she assures me she sent a copy of it to my inbox. I ask her to verify my e-mail to ensure my sanity. She states the following with a dumb ***** stutter: "The e-mail address we have on file is hexactineur@***.net" I reply, "That is incorrect, my email is Hexacutioner@***.net". She takes it upon herself to argue with me and claims that is what she said. I then nearly break my fist on my wall and ASSURE HER THAT SHE DID NOT SAY THAT. At this point, I'm raising my voice. She says, "Sir, I do not want to argue with you". I say, "Ok, here's another address _____@_____.com. She misspells this one as well and I'm now yelling at her for being the dumb drop-out ***** that she is. I then return to a calm tone and say "Thank you for your time, Jessica. If I do not receive an e-mail in thirty minutes, I'll be contacting you again." She says nothing, just hangs up.

June 11th, 2009:

I finally receive a receipt dated June 11th, 2009 (They didn't refund me when I told them to). I had to dig for it because Jessica decided to send it four times to three seperate e-mail addresses, further solidifying the fact that she is an idiot and can not listen and can not spell.

June 16th, 2009:

I sit after speaking with Wachovia and wait for the credit to transfer back to my checking account. I speak with Tina, who claims that Wachovia will reimburse me for my losses and go after VividRacing if the money is not transferred and processing by tonight. So, I'll give them (since they are 2 hours behind us) until 2:00 A.M. on Wednesday, June 17th, 2009.

---UPDATE---

June 17th, 2009:

After fighting for nearly two weeks, I finally received my refund. NEVER...EVER do business with Vividracing.com
Taken from vadriven.com after my complaint thread. So I'm not alone here.

Not to mention several pms from users on this forum expressing their sympathy for my situation, and that they've had similar experiences.

I'm obviously not getting anything out of vivid for their ****ups, so consider this as a warning to other people that prefer to get products for their money, not broken promises.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

I have a question for the evom owners. With so many bad experiences and examples from the Subaru and import community, why are Vivid allowed to be vemndors on evom. It's not like it's an isolated insident, a simple google search will reveal that. I figured things might change after RNR and JOD.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 05:45 AM

It'a beyond me as well.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

so have the vendor step in and say anything?
or i assume they have nothing to say about in their part?
Old Jul 1, 2009, 09:03 AM

from what ive seen the admins on here are not as proactive in banning and keeping vendors/scammers from ripping other people off.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shadowstar666
from what ive seen the admins on here are not as proactive in banning and keeping vendors/scammers from ripping other people off.
you have 6 posts. how much could you have possibly seen?
Old Jul 1, 2009, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by yooyooyoo
you have 6 posts. how much could you have possibly seen?
just because i have low posts doesnt mean i havent been on this site for awhile
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shadowstar666
just because i have low posts doesnt mean i havent been on this site for awhile

What, 20 days?
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:33 AM

When i registered with this site ive been surfing this forum since mid 2006 when i was shopping for an evo but couldnt afford one at the time
Old Jul 16, 2009, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

i had them do some work for me...super expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They did an OK job even though they lagged and some of those youngters looked like they didnt know ****.

I dont like reading shi like this...**** poor customer service.

Anybody know of a good evo shop in Pheonix ?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jean
Honestly i am not sure why there are so many "Vivid is horrible" posts. I am sure most of the negative responses are just hear say.

I personally have ordered many parts from Vivid including my custom ordered Volks.

Issues do happen and no company would purposely not take care of their customers, they obviously would not be in business for so long if that is their mission statement.

It seems you guys did not come to an agreeable conclusion, on your end anyway. However there is no reason to post this everywhere and openly bash a company.

Anyway good luck.
This guy has lost all credability. If someone has a bad experience please post it so everybody can read it. I dopnt care who it is, Ams, Buschur, anybody. to many nut swingers on this forum.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bolio
I have a question for the evom owners. With so many bad experiences and examples from the Subaru and import community, why are Vivid allowed to be vemndors on evom. It's not like it's an isolated insident, a simple google search will reveal that. I figured things might change after RNR and JOD.
$$$$$$Dollars$$$$$$$$$$$
Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

What the hell is wrong with people

Quick Reply: My horrible experience with Vivid Racing: