Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

TurboTrix clutch fork stop

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they do. I just wasnt sure how someone could mess that up to be honest, but anything is possible.
I was just kinda curious how he thought that was the problem for the TOB popping off?
Old Jun 6, 2009, 09:49 AM

subscribing.
I'd like to hear more about clutch fork stop myself.
This with the Exedy Twin HD would be much cheaper than the Exedy converted to push.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EmeryatSTM
I think you are paying for what it does not what it looks like. I'm sure it functions perfect!

-Em
Originally Posted by AWD_Terror
I only purchased it due to the reccomendation from exedy.

Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From what I know it does not keep the fork from over extending, It keeps it from over returning. when the slave returns to fast the momentum releases the clip itself and causes issues.

-Em
Old Jun 6, 2009, 06:52 PM
Former Sponsor

I'll be running one, it's cheap insurance against a clip failure.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 07:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EmeryatSTM
From what I know it does not keep the fork from over extending, It keeps it from over returning. when the slave returns to fast the momentum releases the clip itself and causes issues.

-Em
That is correct Emery.

Keith
Old Jun 7, 2009, 08:16 AM
Former Sponsor

i agree it will do what it needs. but $100 for this is retarded IMO. Also not like it takes a genius to figure out
People have been having this problem since 2003 when the Evo first came out here and it took five years for someone to figure it out. We were running one in our drag car since the start of last years drag season. We started to put them on customers cars but never really intended to sell them to anyone othere then our customers. This $100 piece saves you from paying someone $450-$600 to R+R your trans or having to spend hours in your driveway trying to take the trans out yourself. It also saves you from getting stuck at the track or on the side of the road when the clip does pop out. To me, it is cheap insurance to have. I guess R+D, machine work, and materials are not worth $100.
Lastly, if it does not take a "genius" to figure it out then why do you want directions for it?

Keith

Last edited by TurbotrixRacing; Jun 7, 2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 08:30 AM
Former Sponsor

For anyone that is interested we have these in stock and they are $100 + shipping. To order one you can either call us or just PM me. Payment can be either CC over the phone or paypal to Jeff@turbotrix.com. For anyone that has any questions either pm me or call the shop 732-572-6866.

Keith
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Good talking with you this morning Keith. This is a must have item when aggressively shifting a pull type clutch that will save dollars and headaches in the long run. I'm sure some low life will copy it, rebadge it, and call it there own since it works, but buy the original from these guys, they took the time to figure it out, make it work, and produce it. I could fabricate my own, but I'm buying one of these, they did the R&D, they get the sale. Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 7, 2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 02:52 PM

Someone from TTR, I assume you just let the screw rest agains the fork?? that would be the only question i have.

I too recently purchased one. I too thought it was a little "high" in price (once I received it and realized there wasn't much to it). Nothing fancy. It is machined with the TTR logo. However, after thinking about it this weekend (dring home 2 hours...lol) i'm willing to eat the cost if it saves me for having no car and pulling the tranny to replace a stupid ring. I simply don't have time for something like that in this stage of my life. I recently removed my restrictor and put on stainless lines RIGHT AFTER i read the original thread on broken rings. Just my luck. Once I read the thread and most (including Exedy) were recommending this part, its just a no brainer IMO. I ordered it from keith the following Monday morning.

Here are some pics that everyone has requested. I just installed mine.

Couple of pics of unit.

Couple of pics before adjusting the screw.

In all honesty, it takes a heck of a lot longer to take the intake and **** out than it does to install this thing. It seems as though this is the key to preventing the breaking of the clips, it should be included in all clutch kits...lol I highly recommend it for piece of mind no matter the cost.

Maybe we should do a how too on this but i think it's simple enough that it isn't needed.

Someone from TTR, I assume you just let the screw rest agains the fork?? that would be the only question i have.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Junior was telling me about this piece and i should be getting one asap. Cant wait to get it because it actually works. I dont want my Exedy twin breaking AGAIN
Old Jun 7, 2009, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

thats something that i will probably get too... They say you dont actually need a stop for the quartermaster, but some others say that you need it... 100 dollars isn't such a bad price to tell you the truth for the benefits that you will have...
Old Jun 7, 2009, 08:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ladysman

I adjust the screw so that it almost hits the clutch fork. Leave yourself a little daylight between the screw and the fork as you don't want to pre-load it.

Keith
Old Jun 8, 2009, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they do. I just wasnt sure how someone could mess that up to be honest, but anything is possible.
I was just kinda curious how he thought that was the problem for the TOB popping off?
If you set up the clutch master for too much throw this is what happens. You pop the tob in a pull type clutch. If you do this in a push type you rarely see the consequences. Although some of us dsm'ers we're breaking clutch forks and blowing out masters/slaves. All the turbotrix piece does is limit the throw. But between your slave rod and pedal assembly. You can adjust all that out. Not to mention if you're really paranoid use the wave spring mod. Oh and setting the throw up too far with the turbotrix piece installed doesn't exactly do well by your slave/master either. When your left foot gets too happy and you slam that fork against the stop with all that pressure in your clutch line/master/slave you really do a number on the clutch hydraulic setup.

Edit, just saw pics. It limits the return of the fork. So only half of my point is valid =P. In that case, buy it if you have tob issues, you might as well give this product a try. Others have been havin good luck with it. Sorry Keith, i'm not trying to bad mouth anyone. I just didn't see it necessary. Otherwise it's a great piece for someone with a re occuring problem.

Last edited by lost spyder; Jun 8, 2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Like I said we shall see how it works. I am not as worried about the price if it really works. I was just a littl more annoyed by the fact that I called and no one picked up. I emailed and got little info. i said fuggit and ordered it to see what it was all about and didnt expect much, but kinda expected a little nicer package and maybe an instruction or something on it.
Also mine had no TTR logo on it and looks like the one little lip on it was a machining mistake, but I see Ladysman's has it too.

maybe I posted a little on the hotside, but if anything now people know they are out there. It would probably be worth you guys actually posting some info on these things and on the why and how so people could know they are out there.

Quick Reply: TurboTrix clutch fork stop