Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

TurboTrix clutch fork stop

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TurboTrix clutch fork stop

/rant
I just got mine the other day and this thing is rediculous. I shoulda known when i asked for pics and they said they didnt have any.

Its a piece of aluminum with 3 holes drilled. 1 for a threaded screw and 2 to mount it. and thats it.
I assumed when they said it was machined, that it would look a little cooler or something and cleaner cut. But not. It just looks like a piece of aluminum cut with a cutoff wheel.
So far by the looks of it, i am not impressed for the price. To me if I saw it ahead of time, i woulda prob paid $30 max for it.
I did not install it yet to test with my new clutch, but time will tell. The theory is simple enuff that it would have a hard time not doing as intended, but I wanted to note to everyone this is high priced for what it is.
I will try to post pics later.

Note to everyone on here. . . . .get pics of something or more info before purchasing.
\rant
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AWD_Terror
/rant
I just got mine the other day and this thing is rediculous. I shoulda known when i asked for pics and they said they didnt have any.

Its a piece of aluminum with 3 holes drilled. 1 for a threaded screw and 2 to mount it. and thats it.
I assumed when they said it was machined, that it would look a little cooler or something and cleaner cut. But not. It just looks like a piece of aluminum cut with a cutoff wheel.
So far by the looks of it, i am not impressed for the price. To me if I saw it ahead of time, i woulda prob paid $30 max for it.
I did not install it yet to test with my new clutch, but time will tell. The theory is simple enuff that it would have a hard time not doing as intended, but I wanted to note to everyone this is high priced for what it is.

Note to everyone on here. . . . .get pics of something or more info before purchasing.
\rant

I think you are paying for what it does not what it looks like. I'm sure it functions perfect!

-Em
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

i agree it will do what it needs. but $100 for this is retarded IMO. Also not like it takes a genius to figure out, but a nice piece of paper with an instruction on how to setup would have been nice. Not like they answer the phones there and wanna talk to people. I cant say i am very happy with it looks wise and service wise, but I guess as long as it stays together and keeps my TOB from popping off, i guess thats all that matters.

Also, crap I guess I put this in the wrong forum. Can anyone move this to Service/Reviews
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EmeryatSTM
I think you are paying for what it does not what it looks like. I'm sure it functions perfect!

-Em
Absolutely well said Em.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

How does it look like? Do we have any pictures?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

im gonna post em tonight unless someone beats me to it.

Basically its just a block of aluminum with a big notch cut into it with on one end a threaded hole with screw and on the long end two holes to bolt to the salve cyl
Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AWD_Terror
/rant

\rant

Its a block of aluminum milled with a milling machine. I guess R&D accounts for nothing eh ? So for 30 dollars i should take a solid block of aluminum mill it, drill it , tap it but a bolt. If your not happy with it send it back and ill refund your money. If the theory is soo simple then im surpised you yourself didnt come up with an idea. Ill try and get pics up today. I guess the trigger disc they sell for the evo is overpriced as well. Since its just a piece of metal cut out. Again no R&D there ...

mark
turbotrix
Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

I understand the R&D, but seriously?
This is why I asked for a picture or something to see the quality before I purchased, but to no avail. I only purchased it due to the reccomendation from exedy.
I guess we'll see how it works. Im not saying it wont work, Im just saying its pricey for what it is and really not even a very clean machine job to be honest.

I dunno what the trigger disc is, but I will check it out.

Does anyone else run this "stopper" besides TTR on their race car?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the best way to order this? I recently converted my push back to a pull and wouldn't mind the extra assurance.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 09:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by crcain
What is the best way to order this? I recently converted my push back to a pull and wouldn't mind the extra assurance.
Give manny a call

732-572-6866
Old Jun 5, 2009, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Or maybe if people adjusted their clutches right from the beginning this wouldn't be an issue
Old Jun 5, 2009, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

I installed a fabricated clutch pedal stop on my pedal when I first installed my push kit. This was to prevent from over extending the hydraulic throw out bearing. The clutch pedal stop I installed stopped the pedal from reaching the floor. It was adjustable. Is this clutch fork stop helpful if I already have this?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

this prevents the fork from over extending. So i would say if your pedal stop already does this, there would be no need to get this piece. I could be wrong though. I am no engineer by any means.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lost spyder
Or maybe if people adjusted their clutches right from the beginning this wouldn't be an issue
Not to sound retarded, but can you advise how to adjust properly?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

I believe EVOGarage.net has a How To for adjusting the clutch pedal.

http://www.evogarage.net/wiki/index....dal_Adjustment

Last edited by GinNBoost; Jun 5, 2009 at 10:57 AM.

Quick Reply: TurboTrix clutch fork stop