Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My trip to NYC (EG Motors!) 56K BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2009, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My trip to NYC (DG Motors!) 56K BEWARE!

I went up to NYC to visit some friends and also to check out some of the sites like any good tourist moron would do (I'm from Baltimore). My friend Charlie (aka Kreionic on EvoM, the master tuner himself) has also relocated to NYC, so I thought I would drop in and see what he was up to. I found out that he wasn't at his normal shop, but was giving his friends a hand at DG Motors which was located outside the city in Long Island. So I boarded a train from Manhattan and 40 minutes later I'm at the shop! DG Motors (in case you didn't know) recently purchased Buschur's record breaking Evo 8 drag car. The car is currently is being redesigned for more power, and better ET's from what I understand, who knows maybe it will soon take back its crown! I took some pics of the drag car, including the awesome custom rear end suspension (which contains some "special" domestic straight line goodies) and also took a video of Charlie tuning DG's Evo X shop car on their AWD dyno dynamics (which safely made over 390 whp on a dyno that reads lower than Buschurs or CBRD's) but I still need to compress the video (I will post it later). This is *VERY* impressive power coming from a stock 4B11 mill! Thanks for the Staff at DG for letting me taking the pictures and video! OK enough with the chit chat, here are the pictures:

Last edited by sonicnofadz; Jul 6, 2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So do we at least get to see this car run at the Shootout?
Old Jul 5, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

i know this car, seen it many a time in person in ohio before they sold it to these guys
Old Jul 5, 2009, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought you maybe had a typo in your title but Its DG Motors lol not EG. Just look on Side on of the car in the Pics YOU took lol.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dballz
so do we at least get to see this car run at the shootout?
bump!
Old Jul 5, 2009, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Oh yeah I mistake does this evo have a solid rear end? If so SICK
Old Jul 5, 2009, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BossEvoVIII
I thought you maybe had a typo in your title but Its DG Motors lol not EG. Just look on Side on of the car in the Pics YOU took lol.
Lol,owned.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 08:31 PM

Buschur is a die hard drag racer, the car is definitely purpose built. He built a pretty sick Starion/Conquest a few years back too.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also thought he typo'd in the thread title, but then he said "EG" 4 times in the text
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
YES IT IS DG lol not EG. For some reason my brain kept saying EG when I typed this (like the Civic). Sorry folks I'm half retarded from decades of rampant crack use, you will have to excuse me! If this car makes it to the DSM shootout I'm certain it will be competitive! They've taken it to the track once already and it broke the transmission but its all back together now running strong!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 05:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Hey, thanks for coming out! It was great to meet you and have you around for the day!

Yes, This car will also be attending the Buschur Shootout. You can't have Buschur host a shootout without this car in competition.

We are also making some changes ourselves. A new turbo will be in the works if this one doesn't get the job done with what we are trying to accomplish.

The Transmission/T-case is repaired with a brand new quaife lsd and main rs front diff.

We will be going back to the track within the next week or two to test out some new things as well

Thanks again for coming out, glad you enjoyed our facility!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 07:31 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think saying the dyno reads lower than ours is another "virtual dyno shootout match" lol...

charlie has commented that the dyno does read close to ours... I believe one client there made slightly less whp than our dyno, but more wtq...

DD are great dynos... I had to decide between the DD and the mustang.

cheers

cb
Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:44 AM
Account Disabled

I love this car just the sound ofit when it starts is crazy but what's more fun is watching it go off 2 step & watching it spin all4 tires in 1st 2nd 3rd lool
Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CBRD
i think saying the dyno reads lower than ours is another "virtual dyno shootout match" lol...

charlie has commented that the dyno does read close to ours... I believe one client there made slightly less whp than our dyno, but more wtq...

DD are great dynos... I had to decide between the DD and the mustang.

cheers

cb
+1 we both know how our dyno's read. LOW (end of story!)
Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evo a Mula
I love this car just the sound ofit when it starts is crazy but what's more fun is watching it go off 2 step & watching it spin all4 tires in 1st 2nd 3rd lool
Wait till we finalize the tune...Traction will not be an issue next time out on the track...we are in the process of making some adjustments! Hopefully cut into the high 1.3 60's...

Quick Reply: My trip to NYC (EG Motors!) 56K BEWARE!