Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

MAP SST (Sleeper Series Turbo) Installed and tested

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2009 | 03:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Old Aug 17, 2009 | 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like this turbo likes pump gas better then E85!?!?

what were the mods for this car again? If you just update the post with the dyno graph that would be nice!
Old Aug 17, 2009 | 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Nice looking chart...now to compare it to my charts from your dyno!
Old Aug 17, 2009 | 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scumrat
Ok so you guys advertised this was a stock 9 frame turbo correct?? SO is it OEM or NOT? You still have not said anything about that,you just said the above statement. Which is funny because it says that it has been through rigorous testing.What does that mean? Just on the turbo itself because obvioously you guys didnt even have a graph for a while. Does that mean you developed a turbo on a whim? I would never advertise something without real world testing. Basically you guys assumed it would put down good results when actually installed.You didnt know it required a stiffer spring untill it was on a customer car so that right there tell everyone the r&d was horrible. How could you have not put it on a car before you put it for sale?!
Go back to page 5 or something. They already said it is NOT an oem turbo, but it is a stock "style" frame turbo. It's merely a copy.
Old Aug 17, 2009 | 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shunderwunder
Wow. I can't beleive people are getting so pissy over this. This thread is a customers review of a turbo that he is testing out for MAP. That means that this customer along with a few others including myself are actually a part of the R&D process needed before this turbo is actually launched to the public. This thing isn't even released yet and you guys are already raising hell. Wait till there are final results before you make judgement. Also I noticed that there were people comparing the 2 dyno sheets above. Although they are from the same car they are 2 diffrent rynos. Even though they are both Dynojets they are not going to read exactly alike. Just be patient and wait till the testing of these is completed before trash talking. Once a few of these are installed and the final tunes on them are done then we will all have a better idea where this turbo stands.
by MAP on the first page:
$1199.99 shipped Did I mention that they are currently in stock and ready to ship?
ok buddy,if the turbo is not launched yet, why the F, would MAP, post a price with the words "IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP" next to it??? In this thread numerous times they state that the turbo is available on there site. If this thread is for testing purpose why has there been a complete lack of info for 15+ pages?!! Maybe they should be more careful who they give there turbo for testing. Also,like they stated before and i metioned, you say wait untill tesing is done?! They openly stated this has already gone through RIGOROUS testing, and they not only stand by it but also offer a 1 year warranty.Again,why sell something on your site if it has not completed testing??

Last edited by scumrat; Aug 17, 2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2009 | 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

wow. I can't beleive people are getting so pissy over this. This thread is a customers review of a turbo that he is testing out for map. That means that this customer along with a few others including myself are actually a part of the r&d process needed before this turbo is actually launched to the public. This thing isn't even released yet and you guys are already raising hell. Wait till there are final results before you make judgement. Also i noticed that there were people comparing the 2 dyno sheets above. Although they are from the same car they are 2 diffrent rynos. Even though they are both dynojets they are not going to read exactly alike. Just be patient and wait till the testing of these is completed before trash talking. Once a few of these are installed and the final tunes on them are done then we will all have a better idea where this turbo stands.
+1
Old Aug 17, 2009 | 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Chris when and were can i get one of these i want to put it on my2.3l
Old Aug 17, 2009 | 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

You know how the saying goes "If it's too good to be true......"
Old Aug 17, 2009 | 04:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by skold
Let us figure out this actuator situation (I don't want to require everyone to run an external wastegate with these lol) and I will let you know
Old Aug 17, 2009 | 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

listen guys,im not knocking your product,its just frustrating when i read page upon page with little or no results.If i was not interested in your product then i wouldnt care.The fact is that i am currently in the market for a stock frame turbo so i am just trying to gather as much info about the available choices as possible. Maybe next time instead of having a person chosen to test your product post a thread you guys should do it yourself to ensure the proper info is given an a more helpful manner. Sorry if i came off as someone who doesent want you to succeed.If this turbo turns out to be right for me i would buy it in a heartbeat. Im just big on results and getting things right the first time.we all know how bad it can be if you buy something with out researching and it turns out to be something you didnt want or need.
Old Aug 17, 2009 | 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scumrat
listen guys,im not knocking your product,its just frustrating when i read page upon page with little or no results.If i was not interested in your product then i wouldnt care.The fact is that i am currently in the market for a stock frame turbo so i am just trying to gather as much info about the available choices as possible. Maybe next time instead of having a person chosen to test your product post a thread you guys should do it yourself to ensure the proper info is given an a more helpful manner. Sorry if i came off as someone who doesent want you to succeed.If this turbo turns out to be right for me i would buy it in a heartbeat. Im just big on results and getting things right the first time.we all know how bad it can be if you buy something with out researching and it turns out to be something you didnt want or need.

They've announced the turbo early for a reason. For people like you, so you don't go and buy that FP Green HTA for more money and then have to see everyone else getting the SST instead.

You gotta understand though that MAP is doing what they can. These guys aren't lazy, just VERY busy.
Old Aug 17, 2009 | 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by skold
Wouldn't this turbo be a bit small for a 2.3 setup?
Old Aug 17, 2009 | 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaymin
Wouldn't this turbo be a bit small for a 2.3 setup?
We will find out soon enough. I just put a 2.3 in my car & have an SST that FedEx says will be here tomorrow. I wanted something that would spool very quick so I was looking at these smaller turbos like the SST, BBK, & Green. I'm not sure it will make power all the way to 8k on a 2.3 but I wanted to try it out and see how a smaller turbo on a 2.3 would do. Should make for a great street car. Only one way to find out.
Old Aug 17, 2009 | 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

We will find out soon enough. I just put a 2.3 in my car & have an SST that FedEx says will be here tomorrow. I wanted something that would spool very quick so I was looking at these smaller turbos like the SST, BBK, & Green. I'm not sure it will make power all the way to 8k on a 2.3 but I wanted to try it out and see how a smaller turbo on a 2.3 would do. Should make for a great street car. Only one way to find out.
I figured you knew that. Revin the 2.3 out to 8k will be nice! The block setup for that to be safe?
Old Aug 17, 2009 | 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

the 2.3 should be a torque monster down low lol

Quick Reply: MAP SST (Sleeper Series Turbo) Installed and tested