Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

MAP SST (Sleeper Series Turbo) Installed and tested

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
Just too bad it still doesn't have any solid info on it... why I went with another company for a turbo upgrade...
^ my thoughts exactly. Only thing is, someone has to be the guinea pig...preferably not me
Old Oct 9, 2009, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gentlyharsh
^ my thoughts exactly. Only thing is, someone has to be the guinea pig...preferably not me
I'm surprised they haven't just bolted one on Kasey's car. I'm sure he wouldn't mind some powa. He'd also be the right guy to tune it.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I offered to test it for them when it was a twinkle in everyones eye... same dyno, same day, boost plots, AFR to see the gains vs a ported IX turbo... oh well...
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry guys. I feel like an a$$hole cause I agreed to do some testing & now that I have one I have had some major financial setbacks & havent been able to get the car finnished up & get tuned. I working on getting another car sold to help get me out of the hole & hopefully that will happen soon & I can get this thing finished up.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:40 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
I offered to test it for them when it was a twinkle in everyones eye... same dyno, same day, boost plots, AFR to see the gains vs a ported IX turbo... oh well...
And expected a free turbo out of the deal at the same time? Most testing needs to get paid for by someone. If you really want to, just buy one and do it. I'm sure there's 1000 other evo owners that would offer the same thing!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by scheides
And expected a free turbo out of the deal at the same time? Most testing needs to get paid for by someone. If you really want to, just buy one and do it. I'm sure there's 1000 other evo owners that would offer the same thing!
I didn't want it for free... At a discounted price for doing the testing and letting the community know what their product could do... yes, and I believe that was a fair request when there is no solid data out for this turbo. And like I said it is a day late and a dollar short anyway since I went with another vendor for an upgrade... I wasn't just talking trying to get a free product, I was in the market for a new turbo and was trying to help them out...
Old Oct 11, 2009, 05:48 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shunderwunder
Sorry guys. I feel like an a$$hole cause I agreed to do some testing & now that I have one I have had some major financial setbacks & havent been able to get the car finnished up & get tuned. I working on getting another car sold to help get me out of the hole & hopefully that will happen soon & I can get this thing finished up.
Life happens... I'm sure everyone can get over it.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i was going to buy a bbk full in 2 weeks or so now i'm thinking if i should go with this one??

what do you guy think- bbk full vs sst
Old Oct 11, 2009, 07:54 AM

Man, I've been debating between those two turbos forever.
The SST from what reviews i can find, should give you more power opposed to the BBK.
But then again, There only are like two reviews; and I've heard a lot of good things about the BBK full.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shunderwunder
send it to me and i will do all the testing on it. then you dont feel like a buthole and everyone gets results.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, I've been debating between those two turbos forever.
The SST from what reviews i can find, should give you more power opposed to the BBK.
But then again, There only are like two reviews; and I've heard a lot of good things about the BBK full.
Where is there any data that would tell you the SST will yield more power than a BBK (or FP HTA Green) or any other turbo for that matter ? No manufacturer has posted compressor maps....

The FP HTA Green and BBK Full both have been reported and shown to flow ~50 - 54 lbs / min range....We need a few SST data points and ideally back to back comparisons with other turbos as each car build-up and dyno is different...The SST looked promising, unfortunately there have just not been a lot of reports...
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:47 PM

Well just on the MAP site and stuff, they report about 490 whp, and on the BBK full I haven't seen any applications get much over 400. Nothing specific I can remember. But yes, I do agree, we need a few solid data points on the SST
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:20 PM
Account Disabled

on the BBK full I haven't seen any applications get much over 400. Nothing specific I can remember.
You aren't looking very hard then.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well just on the MAP site and stuff, they report about 490 whp, and on the BBK full I haven't seen any applications get much over 400. Nothing specific I can remember. But yes, I do agree, we need a few solid data points on the SST
You may be reading stuff about the bbk lite and not the full...like posted above...search some more...
Old Oct 12, 2009, 06:54 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-results.html

Still early to tell, but the SST seems a bit under the BBK powerwise on both pump and alky. On the plus side, its cheaper. BBK has way more data out there than the SST though, SST def needs more test subjects with decent parts combo and capable tuners with comparable dynos.

Quick Reply: MAP SST (Sleeper Series Turbo) Installed and tested