Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

REVIEW: EVO X SEIBON DRY Carbon Fibre Hood & Trunk Lid

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2009, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Surely you paid with cc, I'd call and file a dispute if they are unwilling to help.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's beyond f'd! I thought dry carbon was the **** for the price they charge for it! Guess not...
Old Aug 12, 2009, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

OP I know how you feel. I am dealing with the same fitment BS with their carbon doors. They have given me nothing but the run around and excuses at the expense of more of my time and money. I would love nothing more than to see them suffer financially as a company.

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
damm bro thats defective product u got their, id ask for a replacement or get your money back
Originally Posted by hyperscott
Oh that is sad i would be sending it back
Easier said than done. Seibon is a pain to deal with and absolutely no help. They make is so difficult to deal with them and do no want to help you out much less refund any money for their defective parts. I have had my hands full with their BS for the last few months. I'll let me info come to light at a later date.

Originally Posted by Ev0L0vE
wow, not the kind of thing you would expect from seibon, sorry ! i hope you get everything worked out with this.
What would you expect from Seibon? They are not as stand up of a company as you may think. They try to blame the situation on the customer claiming it was installed incorrectly. My car is at CBRD and Seibon claimed whoever installed the parts did not know what they were doing

Originally Posted by UpstateEVOVIII
I had a Seibon CF hood on my 06 STI. Yellowed the first week I had it. They replaced it under their *warranty*...2nd hood yellowed after about 3 weeks...they said I was using chemicals on the hood that would cause yellowing (wtf?). I explained to them the car hadn't been washed/waxed because it had just been painted. They essentially called me a liar and said they had gone above and beyond in trying to provide me with good customer service but I was 'unsatisfyable'. Seibon gets a huge thumbs down from me, I wouldn't deal with them again in the future.
That's the way they operate. They do not want to believe their products are poor quality. They are convinced any and every problem was caused by the customer. Their parts are bad enough but somehow they manage to have even worse customer service.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
man im not going to lie it would appear the dry carbon with no clear coat would do this kind of thing. it has no UV portection thats why if i bought one i would have it cleared just so i dont have to deal with that. I mean thats pretty horrible if you paypaled or Credit Card then you need to dispute the charges as stated above cause that is bad and most likely they are not even trying to work with you and just want to blow you off.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
not sure if i missed it but to the OP did you buy it thru a third party? a vendor? if not would it have helped your customer service nightmare if you had bought it say thru a vendor?
Old Aug 12, 2009, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by beetle_orange
not sure if i missed it but to the OP did you buy it thru a third party? a vendor? if not would it have helped your customer service nightmare if you had bought it say thru a vendor?
I would imagine he would experience better customer service from a vendor, but the end result would be the same. It would only frustrate him more having to use a middle man with a quality control issue. It would only slow things down and vendors won't be able to accomplish more than the customer on something like this.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hey blubyyouevoviii do you still have that robispec hood for the evo 8?
Old Aug 12, 2009, 08:53 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ev0L0vE
wow, not the kind of thing you would expect from seibon, sorry ! i hope you get everything worked out with this.
Are you kidding me? Seibon is garbage...good luck in resolving this OP!
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:38 PM
qnz
Evolving Member

have you tried notifying car magazines? Import Tuner, Modified, etc
Old Aug 12, 2009, 05:11 PM

After 24 HOURS: (EVO was sitting in once spot, not driving, so NO Engine bay heat, just sun)

Hood as of today 8/11/09:

[/QUOTE]

On the last three picture, do you Dry or Wet sand it your hood!?!? this look exact same when I re-coating my Seibon hood by myself while back ago, I had the hood about 2 years already and is start oxidized about a year and a half(also my OEM Wing). so I decide to re-clear them.

you can always give Seibon a call and see they will give you a warranty or not, I Just call them for a exchange 2 months ago for my front lips and they have very good customer service so im pretty sure they will give you a warranty exchnage for you , but if you sand the hood down the hood than I guess they wont cover that,
Old Aug 13, 2009, 02:02 AM
Evolved Member

That was a lot of money spent for that POS. Maybe the vendor where you got it from can help you out. GL
Old Aug 13, 2009, 02:36 AM
Evolving Member

You should just paint it red to match the color of your car. So at least that way, you get the benefits of a lighter hood and trunk (although the stock aluminum hood was light to begin with)..

If you are going for the oh-wow dry-CF look, the product definitely failed at that.

Maybe somebody out there knows how to paint something to look like CF, at least that way - it'll still have that blemish free CF look while actually being made of CF.

Last edited by funks; Aug 13, 2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 02:43 AM

wowowowow, i couldnt believe the pics. especially being seibon. this is one of the first times ive seen something bad about seibon
Old Aug 13, 2009, 02:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
seibon is total crap. i've been preaching that for years. i bought one of their hood/trunk combos for my IX. the trunk NEVER fit right. gaps everywhere, and i mean GAPS. 1-2" in some spots and seibon did NOTHING to help. wouldn't let me return it, would do ****. i finally sold the crap off at a loss and went with a chargespeed trunk that fit perfectly. i'm not completely back to stock hood and trunk and plan to stay that way. i don't get why it's so hard to make a body panel that fits, i don't care what it's made out of. just sad. quality control is a lost art.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats what happens when you buy knock-offs.

Quick Reply: REVIEW: EVO X SEIBON DRY Carbon Fibre Hood & Trunk Lid