Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

REVIEW: EVO X SEIBON DRY Carbon Fibre Hood & Trunk Lid

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Carbon stuff should be painted - period. None of the bonding resins have great UV stability, even the good stuff will oxidize.

But this is crap for sure.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, ill never buy seibon now
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

I had a seibon hood and trunk on my s2k and the fit was way off not only that but it was heavier then stock so I sold it without driving the car with it on and just got top secret and they were light and fit perfect.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Well apparently this got their attention. Someone ran back and told them i posted this. Whoever you are, THANKS! Very Very much appreciated!

I received this email from SEIBON:

Hey TJ, first of all I would like to Thank you for your great post on the forum. I never said I was not taking care of the hood. I said that the process takes a little while. Its only been no more then 14 business days since you have had the hood. I do not know why this was even necessary for you to make this post trying to destroy our reputation. I have notice that you have sanded down the hood with sand paper. Why would you do this when I said I’m getting this taken care of for you. You have probably just destroyed “your” $2400 hood. So now is the question, what would you think I should do for you now? or what I will even be able to do for you now? I have just e-mailed you yesterday stating that your hood process should be done soon, please hang tight. But I do not understand why you did this. Well I don’t know what you expect from this or from me, but…….please cal me I would like to have a talk with you.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...unk-lid-2.html

Mikey Lee
Seibon Carbon

www.seiboncarbon.com
mikey@seiboncarbon.com
Tel: 909-444-5900, ext 233
Fax: 909-444-5949

I think it's funny that now they are trying to say i sanded the hood. They are trying to turn this whole thing on me.

My Reply:
Mikey,
The Hood was NEVER sanded. Thats just the GREAT SEIBON QUALITY shining through. The hood hasn't been touched. I will call you tomorrow.

His Reply:
Hi TJ I don’t know why you would try to tell me the hood has not been sanded. I can clearly tell from the images that the hood has been sanded down there is the sanded down marks on the hood.

His Reply again:
Hey Tj, I just wanted to thank you for your purchase of our products. I have tried to work with you upon your warranty but as you already said you will no longer need the warranty. I hope you like the product, once again. Thank you for your business.

Funny thing is i never said i will no longer need the warranty. He tried telling me that now he wants me to send him the hood so he can take it somewhere and have it checked to see if it was sanded.

Unfortunately it looks like i am getting no where so i will continue to let people know the issues i have with SEIBON products. I am going to get some stickers and advirtise SEIBON on my car until they decide to fix it. Got a few car shows coming up, that will be some great advirtising!!!

Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Take them to court thats what I would do
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks you for posting this. Before I purchase anything from a vendor, I check their customer service satisfaction. The worst part of it all is when a company turns the whole situation around to save face and blames it on a customer.

Nothings more annoying than getting the round around.

Thanks to you, I no longer plan on purchasing a Carbon Fiber hood from SEIBON that I had interest in. Someone did mention to me once that SEIBON Carbon Fiber product are Made in China.

Anyhow, look on the bright side, you did get what you asked for, DRY carbon fiber hood. Yup, it's DRY alright.

Can't wait to see Seibon stickers plastered on your trunk and hood.

Last edited by GGIXMRSE06; Aug 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Hood & trunk as of today

Last edited by projekX; Aug 13, 2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 01:07 PM

WHOA! Thanks for the heads up on their product. Wish you luck on that.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Wow i was actually in the market of purchasing some Dry Carbon products from seibon too for my show car. Thank god I ran into this thread!

Good luck man, that's some shady stuff they're tryin to pull.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would call that guy and chew his effin *** out. Seriously. He would have nightmares of me that night.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
seibon is total crap. i've been preaching that for years. i bought one of their hood/trunk combos for my IX. the trunk NEVER fit right. gaps everywhere, and i mean GAPS. 1-2" in some spots and seibon did NOTHING to help. wouldn't let me return it, would do ****. i finally sold the crap off at a loss and went with a chargespeed trunk that fit perfectly. i'm not completely back to stock hood and trunk and plan to stay that way. i don't get why it's so hard to make a body panel that fits, i don't care what it's made out of. just sad. quality control is a lost art.
its funny you write this after two years. i was the one that actually bought that siebon trunk that fit like crap from you. you sold it for a "loss". i actually had to sell it on ebay for an even bigger loss because you lied to me saying it was new. stand up guy you are bro. im over it now. but next time try and be a little more honest.

To OP: good luck getting this resolved. +1 on seeing pics with the seibon stickers on the f'ed up hood. Lol

Last edited by Silver06evo9mr; Aug 13, 2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by e55nEVO9
Wow i was actually in the market of purchasing some Dry Carbon products from seibon too for my show car. Thank god I ran into this thread!

Good luck man, that's some shady stuff they're tryin to pull.
OT: nice avatar, cant wait for his next fight with cotto.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
its funny you write this after two years. i was the one that actually bought that siebon trunk that fit like crap from you. you sold it for a "loss". i actually had to sell it on ebay for an even bigger loss because you lied to me saying it was new. stand up guy you are bro. im over it now. but next time try and be a little more honest.

To OP: good luck getting this resolved. +1 on seeing pics with the seibon stickers on the f'ed up hood. Lol
Beasted LOL
Old Aug 13, 2009, 02:53 PM
qnz
Evolving Member

Why dont you also send some pictures to IMport Tuner and Modified Magazine? Seibon has been advertising there recently and they would not want this picture next to their full page ad.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by qnz
Why dont you also send some pictures to IMport Tuner and Modified Magazine? Seibon has been advertising there recently and they would not want this picture next to their full page ad.
If Seibon is running an ad in a magazine, I doubt the magazine would be willing to post photos showing their products are crap. That would be a loss of advertising revenue. Still worth sending photos though, there is a chance they may get posted, just depends if Seibon is a sponsor of the mag or not.

Quick Reply: REVIEW: EVO X SEIBON DRY Carbon Fibre Hood & Trunk Lid