Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

REVIEW: EVO X SEIBON DRY Carbon Fibre Hood & Trunk Lid

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope this gets resolved..

Last edited by Milf_Hunter_V; Aug 13, 2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
its funny you write this after two years. i was the one that actually bought that siebon trunk that fit like crap from you. you sold it for a "loss". i actually had to sell it on ebay for an even bigger loss because you lied to me saying it was new. stand up guy you are bro. im over it now. but next time try and be a little more honest.

To OP: good luck getting this resolved. +1 on seeing pics with the seibon stickers on the f'ed up hood. Lol
that's a lie and you know it. i told you it didn't fit perfectly, and that's one of the main reasons i sold it. i showed you the pics of the gaps, and had already posted multiple threads with pics that showed the fitment problems. you said you didn't care and wanted it anyway because you were sure you could get it to fit. then you told me you sold it because your sister backed into your car and damaged it so you didn't have the money to worry about getting the trunk professionally fitted (which is what you should have done in the first place instead of trying to be a driveway mechanic and failing horribly).

i've never lied about anything i've sold on here so you need to stop with the BS. you knew everything i knew about that trunk. i even took close up pics of the chip it had in the lower right hand corner. you STILL said you didn't care, and wanted it anyway because it was cheap.

don't come at me with this bull**** 2 years after the fact just because you took a chance on a part you knew had problems and it backfired. i was honest about that trunk from day 1, and honestly, i don't see how you couldn't at least get the thing on and closed at all. when i had it, it at least did that. it just had gaps. that tells me you didn't know what the hell you were doing for 1, and just needed somebody to blame for your incompetance.

also, i still have the exact pictures of the trunk that i sent you that clearly show the problems with the fitment that you didn't care about. i have two picture threads when i first got the car back that to this day still have all the comments about how bad the trunk fits. if i was trying to hide something, i would have deleted all those pics and edited it out. i didn't. i wasn't dishonest about anything. so by all means, if you want me to make you look like more of a jackass, please keep it up.

p.s. stop thread jacking.

Last edited by ODUB; Aug 14, 2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 01:02 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks god for this thread I was near dumping some big money on doors & some dry carbon..who elce makes carbon doors for the evo x & dry carbon parts 4 the evo x
Old Aug 14, 2009, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

Hmmm, why is the OP requesting that this thread be deleted? What happened to the pics? This review should not be deleted as we'll only end up with "good reviews" here and no bad ones. Have a feeling that the OP just wanted to make a stink and when seibon agreed to compensate / fix the problem, wants the review deleted.

Last edited by funks; Aug 14, 2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 01:52 AM

honestly, just get normal carbon fiber. i dont think the extra money is worth the LITTLE weight you save.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 03:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by billedoc
honestly, just get normal carbon fiber. i dont think the extra money is worth the LITTLE weight you save.
if the part is made by a reputible company, the weight savings i worth the money. true carbon parts are extremely light and stronger than steel. the cheap crap they offer to the automotive aftermarket is nothing like the real stuff. seibon especially is cheap carbon parts dealer. worse than others.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
that's a lie and you know it. i told you it didn't fit perfectly, and that's one of the main reasons i sold it. i showed you the pics of the gaps, and had already posted multiple threads with pics that showed the fitment problems. you said you didn't care and wanted it anyway because you were sure you could get it to fit. then you told me you sold it because your sister backed into your car and damaged it so you didn't have the money to worry about getting the trunk professionally fitted (which is what you should have done in the first place instead of trying to be a driveway mechanic and failing horribly).

i've never lied about anything i've sold on here so you need to stop with the BS. you knew everything i knew about that trunk. i even took close up pics of the chip it had in the lower right hand corner. you STILL said you didn't care, and wanted it anyway because it was cheap.

don't come at me with this bull**** 2 years after the fact just because you took a chance on a part you knew had problems and it backfired. i was honest about that trunk from day 1, and honestly, i don't see how you couldn't at least get the thing on and closed at all. when i had it, it at least did that. it just had gaps. that tells me you didn't know what the hell you were doing for 1, and just needed somebody to blame for your incompetance.

also, i still have the exact pictures of the trunk that i sent you that clearly show the problems with the fitment that you didn't care about. i have two picture threads when i first got the car back that to this day still have all the comments about how bad the trunk fits. if i was trying to hide something, i would have deleted all those pics and edited it out. i didn't. i wasn't dishonest about anything. so by all means, if you want me to make you look like more of a jackass, please keep it up.

p.s. stop thread jacking.

lol. pmed. i dont need any points.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol sounds like somebody got sold something and did not like the outcome. odub from what i seen at least is somewhat straight up with describing parts he sales buyer beware type person
Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
lol sounds like somebody got sold something and did not like the outcome. odub from what i seen at least is somewhat straight up with describing parts he sales buyer beware type person
thank you. i make sure everyone knows EXACTLY what i'm selling before it goes out and if there are any issues with it, i won't sell the part. check my carbon hood thread for proof.