Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Preview: SDK RACING Extreme Ported Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2009, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Preview: SDK RACING Extreme Ported Intake Manifold

What's up guys? I recently found a for sale thread about a ported intake manifold that was done by the guy himself. His name is Luis and he is from Calexico, CA. He works for SDK Racing and I asked him if he was interested in porting the intake manifold fully without cutting it. I wanted more than just the runners like I've seen on other "ported intake manifolds" done by some well-known shops but I'm not gonna name them, to each their own.

Anyways, Luis was interested and he told me sure it will take a couple days though. He has his own ported intake manifold on his car and said he felt the difference instantly along with a Mil.Spec 65mm throttle body, which I picked up today as well from AMS, thanks guys! He started porting it and realized he can do the runners fully along with part of the plenum, and a 65mm inlet, instead of the small stock size. He gasket matched the runners and it turned out very well. He realized his own ported intake manifold on his car currently doesn't even have this much porting so he can't wait to do his own . He worked well with me to get it done by Tuesday and shipped it out yesterday with express shipping so I get it Friday for the shootout. Great guy to deal with and from the pictures, he did some incredible work. His forum name is Sideck and contact him for pricing and the work, and I guarantee he will respond quickly and his pricing beats the competition! I get the manifold Friday and am racing at the shootout so I'm sure the SDK Racing Extreme Ported Intake Manifold along with the Mil.Spec 65mm Ported Throttle Body will feel great and pull a lot harder!

On to the pictures:

Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice
Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:30 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That thing looks awesome. Post the numbers when you tune!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sweet! Is a 65mm ported TB really necessary and beneficial if your plan on staying on the low end of the HP spectrum. I am referring to 300whp to 350whp.

that IM looks great and the porting looks pretty.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by huevosrancheros
sweet! Is a 65mm ported TB really necessary and beneficial if your plan on staying on the low end of the HP spectrum. I am referring to 300whp to 350whp.

that IM looks great and the porting looks pretty.
You don't need either Im or tb ported to reach those hp goals

Jeff
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atkins
You don't need either Im or tb ported to reach those hp goals

Jeff
Sure, but it helps a lot! Especially with throttle response and middle-top end gains. I am receiving the intake manifold tomorrow so I will let everyone know how it feels in conjunction with the mil.spec 65mm throttle body, I can't wait!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
wow looks real good. i think sidekick should post a little something on this manifold. well then again hes not really paying for advertisement so he might get in trouble. sekula pm me with how much it costed you for this
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evillancer06
wow looks real good. i think sidekick should post a little something on this manifold. well then again hes not really paying for advertisement so he might get in trouble. sekula pm me with how much it costed you for this
Exactly, I'm just posting a preview and review on it once I install it and tune for it, but I'm sure the gains will be noticeable! Sideck definitely took his time on this one to make sure everything was smooth and ported wherever he could reach.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Looks very nice, but im curious of the gains. i dont see something like this giving too much of a gain, but I could be surprised
Old Aug 14, 2009, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

I received it today via Express shipping, thanks again SIDECK!!! I bolted it up along with the Mil.Spec 65mm Throttle Body and instantly it felt great! The throttle response is phenomenal, and even better, I feel the gains middle-top end. The car just has more of a go when I get on it and feels stronger. I strongly recommend getting this porting service done along with the mil.spec tb!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

mani looks really good
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sekula
I wanted more than just the runners like I've seen on other "ported intake manifolds" done by some well-known shops but I'm not gonna name them, to each their own.
Remember now... There is a reason why most companies don't port down through the runners.. These have been tested a lot.. and although some tests of biased, you tend to lose spool for MINIMAL gains when porting out the runners.. more porting doesn't always mean better.. Lets see the results and see if they speak for what you are saying..
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Dyno numbers are just that, numbers. Your using a tuning tool for what? A piece of mind? Dyno numbers dont matter, what does matter is your trap speed and powerband. Trust me, I love seeing people make 600whp PEAK, but still only click off a 125mph trap speed at the track.... HYSTERICAL.

Congrats on the new IM/TB combo! The porting looks SICK!!! Props to Louis from SDK and Mil.Spec! As long as your happy and the car pulls harder throughout the powerband is all that matters!!!

Dan
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 90GSXDan
Dyno numbers are just that, numbers. Your using a tuning tool for what? A piece of mind? Dyno numbers dont matter, what does matter is your trap speed and powerband. Trust me, I love seeing people make 600whp PEAK, but still only click off a 125mph trap speed at the track.... HYSTERICAL.

Congrats on the new IM/TB combo! The porting looks SICK!!! Props to Louis from SDK and Mil.Spec! As long as your happy and the car pulls harder throughout the powerband is all that matters!!!

Dan
Exactly! The car does feel stronger. I gave a ride for my buddy tonight before we loaded it up on the trailer and he said it definitely feels more "solid". The car just feels like it has stronger powerband.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

that is very nice..are you going to dyno to show the results?

And can you PM me with the pricing?

Quick Reply: Preview: SDK RACING Extreme Ported Intake Manifold