Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

TTP Engineering First Timer - 364whp/358wtq Stock Turbo 93 Octane

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2009, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks fraziersevo. i just wish i lived in florida so its not so far of a drive. id be over there like every week with new parts lol.

steve when we getting together? track this weekend the 22nd. you going? hit me up man.

scott - so if dumping the clutch is bad, how would you say i should launch it? btw did you get that o2 housing yet?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 07:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mitsuevo803
thanks fraziersevo. i just wish i lived in florida so its not so far of a drive. id be over there like every week with new parts lol.

steve when we getting together? track this weekend the 22nd. you going? hit me up man.

scott - so if dumping the clutch is bad, how would you say i should launch it? btw did you get that o2 housing yet?
Practice makes perfect man. Off the two step, let it out until the car starts to move, then with a swooping motion, let it out the rest of the was.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

^ k will do...looking to take out my friend's 2006 540whp saleen. he's only running low-mid 12s in the quarter mile...i want bragging rights
Old Aug 26, 2009, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

anyone have experience with these headers?

http://www.hptmotorsports.com/dc_spo...i_evo_8__9.php

looking to maybe buy them
Old Aug 26, 2009, 09:01 AM
Account Disabled

anyone have experience with these headers?

http://www.hptmotorsports.com/dc_spo...i_evo_8__9.php

looking to maybe buy them
Yes.... I do. It's junk. Don't buy it.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

you'll be fine with a ported exhaust mani. for now
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Yes.... I do. It's junk. Don't buy it.
so you agree with the ported stocker? or are there any good tubular manifolds out there?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:52 AM
Account Disabled

so you agree with the ported stocker? or are there any good tubular manifolds out there?
Ported stock or just plain stock is fine.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

granted youre running hta 35r, so you need headers, just curious which ones you run in your car scott
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Those are nice numbers. How does the car drive? Is it reliable?

****In the title I meant First Timer review****
Long story short I had an 03 EVO8 traded in for a 06 EVO9. Wanted to keep it stock...didn't happen. In the Army and stationd at Fort Gordon, GA. Basically I'm in South Carolina if you don't know where that is.

This is kind of long...sorry I'm trying to be thorough.
April 2009 - When I found out I was going to PCS (move) to Georgia, I started looking around for shops. While looking around for places, I came across TTP Engineering. Heard/read great things about them but saw it was in Orlando, FL and I said screw that I'm not driving there (approx 430 miles one way). So I decided I was going to do a self tune.

June 2009 - Got down to Georgia with cams installed, head studs installed, TBE installed, MBC installed and whatever else I had done. Not tuned. Read online for about 80 hours and started working on the tune. Added the JDM RS MIVEC map, leaned out the AFR played with the twp step in the timing maps to add boost and called it a day.

Late June/Early July 2009 - Read around more about TTP and a little bit about Top Speed in Atlanta. I think I may have called Top Speed a few times but I did call Scott at TTP also. Left him a voicemail a few hours later he called me back. I couldn't answer the phone so he left me a message. He told me he could get around 350whp on their Mustang Dyno in the message and I thought alright sounds good to me. But then I kept putting everything off and forgot about it. Ran into some money problems (speeding tickets, car taxes, etc) and said oh well to getting tuned.

Late July/Early August 2009 - Went to track with my tune at 24psi and ran a 13.5 at 101mph with stock clutch. WTF!!! Clutch started slipping that day and I was pi$$ed. Started looking for shops in the area again. Stumbled upon TTP again that only really worked on EVO's. Saw a few pictures of their shop with only EVO's. Read they had their own custom ACT 6 puck clutch (with no lockout). I needed a clutch. I needed a tune. I wanted more parts. I called Scott. He hooked me up with their ACT 6 puck TTP-spec clutch kit with XACT Streetlite flywheel, Injen intake with U/L intercooler pipes and their O2 housing. Plus a tune and install of the clutch. Everything sounded like it was going to be awesome. Made the appointment and got out of work early to take the 7 hour drive down.

15 August 2009 - Left at 4am got there by 11am. Got started right away, Luis threw the clutch on in about 2.5 hours. Ran into some problems with the O2 housing cause the bolts were all stuck on there. Met a few other people there too including a guy with I believe a stock 09 Ralliart. I think he made something like 280whp and ran the quarter on their dyno at like 13.1. Anyways Scott threw the car on the dyno and started. My tune made 305whp/309wtq (I don't want to talk about it). He threw his map in, car made 340whp/340wtq. Wow. Started fine tuning it and well we ended up with 364whp/358wtq at 26psi on 93 octane stock ix turbo. Peak torque about 3400 rpm - his graph was higher than mine in every RPM. Mine never even touched his lol. Needless to say I am very pleased with the tune, the install, the parts and the service. Scott was a real cool guy (sarcastic humor too which is the same way I am). He told me only about half of his cars blow up on the dyno when he tunes them so I liked my odds lol (FYI he was kidding if you didn't catch that....).

I will definately be back and this was worth the total 15+ hours of driving.

It's either going to be meth injection hopefully this winter but most likely FP Red with a nice tubular manifold and injector this springtime. Can't wait.

For like the third time...Scott: you owe me a ride

Engine Mods below:

Greddy Full Titanium Exhaust
DC Sports Downpipe/Test Pipe
Greddy 264/264 Cams
AMS FMIC
ACT HD-TTP 6-Puck Clutch Kit
XACT Streetlite Flywheel
Injen Upper/Lower Intercooler Piping
Injen Intake
TTP O2 Housing
Walbro 255lhp Fuel Pump
ARP Head Studs
Hallman PRO RX MBC 26psi taper to 20.5(ish)
stock ix turbo
stock injectors
stock exhaust manifold
no porting
Old Oct 21, 2009, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

ttp has 500+whp daily driven stock block cars that are very reliable.

i doubt mid 300's would be a question of reliability. Its all in the tuning..
Old Oct 21, 2009, 07:28 PM
Account Disabled

granted youre running hta 35r, so you need headers, just curious which ones you run in your car scott
If you are doing a exhaust manifold. I would do a JudgeRacing ported unit.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by InitialE
Those are nice numbers. How does the car drive? Is it reliable?
Umm idk how to put it...the car drives AMAZING - after the tune I was driving home and I didn't WOT it until I got onto the highway. When I did go WOT I couldn't stop smiling for like an hour lol. And yes it's reliable I'm actually headed back down there with two other guys we're going to get tuned around May/June-ish after I re-enlist and get my bonus which in turn will buy me my FP Red setup. You should head down there - my friend is driving from Maryland lol.

UGH I DONT WANT TO WAIT ANOTHER 6 or 7 MONTHSSSSSSS

Oh, and for people questioning the "TTP-Spec" ACT 6 Puck HD Clutch they sell...I don't get lockout above 7400RPM and I had my friend order one too and thinking the same thing

Last edited by mitsuevo803; Nov 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
If you are doing a exhaust manifold. I would do a JudgeRacing ported unit.
What do you think of these?

Full Race
http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=1018

Shearer
http://www.shearerfabrications.com/p...php?itemID=144

JM Fabrications
http://www.jmfabrications.com/site/i...mart&Itemid=58
Old Nov 6, 2009, 03:43 PM
Account Disabled

I wouldnt waste money on a manifold on less than a Red or Black.

Quick Reply: TTP Engineering First Timer - 364whp/358wtq Stock Turbo 93 Octane