Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

The meaning of going above and beyond...STM for the MFGD Win!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2009, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up The meaning of going above and beyond...STM for the MFGD Win!!

so for those that know i recently purchased and had installed and tuned a STM forward facing manifold, 35r turbo, ignition system, and aem (the same aem from the world record holding ricer) she puts down 427 with 24 psi on 93 pump. pure amazing for such low boost on a low reading dyno on pump gas. we take her to the track and she get a 11.2 @127 coasting thru the traps as we ran out of 4th gear at the 1000 ft mark. so we go to the shootout and wouldn't you know it the clutch gave up the ghost on buschurs dyno. It was rigged i say!! LOL!

so we baby her back to new york and start putting the plans in to remove my tilton and have them rebuild it as usually is around a few hundred bucks to have it rebuilt. well they called us and said that we demolished that clutch and basically had to buy everything brand new again. not the thing we were hoping to hear especially with the last real event of the season this weekend. So what does emery do so we can get another STM built and powered car out to the track this season? He takes the exedy triple carbon clutch from the ricer, as its still waiting on its new secret spec buschur motor, and calls me to tell me that he is putting that clutch into my car so she can run for the last event of the season. that is the true meaning of customer service IMO.

instead of just offering me a ride to the track to watch my friends he puts his personal clutch in the car so it can see just a lil bit more track time. if anyone has a question as to the level of care that STM puts into there customer cars i can assure everyone that they treat every car that goes in there as there own and they just want to see everyone go fast. Emery you sir have made yourself a customer for life, your and everyones great attitudes, and expert advice to help me achieve my goals of going retarded fast on the stock block. Thanks again emery and everyone at STM!! now lets hope i dont break something else!!
Old Sep 9, 2009, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so what did you run with the triple???

i wish i was closer to NY,STM is FTW
Old Sep 9, 2009, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

i havent run the new clutch yet, i will this weekend and i hope to put some good times up
Old Sep 9, 2009, 08:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm just glad to get you back on the track....

-Em
Old Sep 9, 2009, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recently purchased a set of radiator brackets from STM the other day, Got it shipped to me in no time.. They indiviudally sealed each bracket separately and the bolts seprately. That is some awesome attention to detail. Much better than another big vendor on here. I purchased something from them, stuffed with plastic bags for padding. On top of the box was a note stating that inside "blue" bag was my stuff I ordered. Luckily there was only one blue bag.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 09:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
We love you too James. Pound it!
Old Sep 9, 2009, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm guessing you're sponsored cause i doubt a regular customer's would have the clutch installed like that without *$cha ching$*

But that effort by STM does speak volumes.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 02:12 AM
Evolved Member

I wish I was sponosred. I still pay the same price as everyone else. But let's pray for some good times now that she runs again. Pound it!!
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
I'm guessing you're sponsored cause i doubt a regular customer's would have the clutch installed like that without *$cha ching$*

But that effort by STM does speak volumes.

if you saw my bills from emery you would know that i am no where near sponsored
Old Sep 10, 2009, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by raiceboi697
if you saw my bills from emery you would know that i am no where near sponsored
ok, you gave them a lot of business so they are basically repaying you. Nice. I can appreciate a shop like that.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its not even that they are really repaying him. They just help out friends. Neonlgh i think is his name ran STM's slicks last night on the track. They are a great group of people who have a passion for the sport and treat everyone great. I can honestly say that i consider Emery and everyone there a friend and wish i was closer so i could learn more and just hang out. They are some of the coolest people i have ever met.

And james, you can be sponsered by them if you do one thing. Or maybe it was me who the offer was i am supposed to get STM tattooed on me. lol...
Old Sep 10, 2009, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Helping out friends doesn't pay bills.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
Helping out friends doesn't pay bills.
and this is why i gave emery even more of my money today. this clutch is a loaner from emery till we figure out a more permanent solution to my clutch woes

Last edited by raiceboi697; Sep 10, 2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Lol let me hold 20 bux
Old Sep 10, 2009, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

only with your girlfriend and mom as collateral

Quick Reply: The meaning of going above and beyond...STM for the MFGD Win!!