Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

speed corps customer service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:24 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speed corps customer service

i dont know what type of others here on the forum have had with customer support from speed corps, but my experience has not been good.

heres my story...

back on aug 10th this year i ordered some hawk ceramincs for my lancer (good deal and offered free shipping)

week later, still nothing?

emailed cs and justin (i think) said that they were on hawk back order and that they would be in in 2-3 weeks.

ok well i will wait for that. i work at an auto parts store and understand vendor back orders.

it has now been almost 5 weeks from him saying 2-3 and 6 weeks since i ordered them.

i have emailed him back numerous times and have now called twice with no luck.

any suggestions?

josh
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

I work in shipping and recieving and when somthng is on backorder it sucks just give it a couple days, breath, then try them
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:38 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AL Beans
I work in shipping and recieving and when somthng is on backorder it sucks just give it a couple days, breath, then try them
and thats what i have been doing. ya know, not trying to be rude, but they havent returned my email i sent a week ago, and i called them last wednesday and now agin today with no response.

i know how it is, since i work in the industry myself, but how hard is it to return a phone call or email now a days?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

well ever since this new owner took over it just hasnt been the same
Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:12 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

and thats what i thought. before the customer service was awesome. it almost seems like now they dont care.

that and they have almost $80 of my money and i dont have anything.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Which number did you try contacting him with?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:32 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

john forsthoffer told me to contact them at 805-451-8485 and all i ever get is a voicemal. last email i recieved back was sept.1, 2009. that is the last ive heard of anything.

josh
Old Sep 22, 2009, 06:18 PM

Josh, I just sent you an e-mail. My appologies in this matter. I didn't realize you'd left me a message before today. I've honestly tried getting info on when those pads would be available again but with no luck. Sorry for not contacting you sooner, but I wanted to get a solid answer for you instead of having to say I'm not sure. I agree it's taking a ridiculously long time for Hawk to get them in stock again, and I will be happy to refund you the money as I said in the last e-mail. If you still want to do business with me I will try getting an answer direct from Hawk myself instead of asking my sales rep to do it. I know you are tired of waiting and I don't blame you. I probably wouldn't have been as patient as you've been if I were in your position.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

well see thats their biggest problem is that they dont go the extra step and cal hawk them selfs in the first place. good customer service is built on that extra little step that you put in to keep the sale when their is a issue.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 09:49 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BobcatGTS
Josh, I just sent you an e-mail. My appologies in this matter. I didn't realize you'd left me a message before today. I've honestly tried getting info on when those pads would be available again but with no luck. Sorry for not contacting you sooner, but I wanted to get a solid answer for you instead of having to say I'm not sure. I agree it's taking a ridiculously long time for Hawk to get them in stock again, and I will be happy to refund you the money as I said in the last e-mail. If you still want to do business with me I will try getting an answer direct from Hawk myself instead of asking my sales rep to do it. I know you are tired of waiting and I don't blame you. I probably wouldn't have been as patient as you've been if I were in your position.
i appreciate an answer back. to me an answer is an answer even if its idk, i feel that it is better to let the customer know that you (the sales person) is in the same shoes that i(the consumer) are in the same boat.

thank you for getting back to me.

josh
Old Sep 22, 2009, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by JRR

i dont know what type of others here on the forum have had with customer support from speed corps, but my experience has not been good.

heres my story...

back on aug 10th this year i ordered some hawk ceramincs for my lancer (good deal and offered free shipping)

week later, still nothing?

emailed cs and justin (i think) said that they were on hawk back order and that they would be in in 2-3 weeks.

ok well i will wait for that. i work at an auto parts store and understand vendor back orders.

it has now been almost 5 weeks from him saying 2-3 and 6 weeks since i ordered them.

i have emailed him back numerous times and have now called twice with no luck.

any suggestions?

josh
I had similar issues with some CF Rexspeed parts I ordered through them. I was informed about the parts being back ordered, but after that, I kept having to email them to inquire about status. Turns out that the parts had finally shipped, but were sent back to the post office due to an illegible hand written address. If I hadn't pinged them on this, the parts would have been shipped back to the sender!!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by deanvader
I had similar issues with some CF Rexspeed parts I ordered through them. I was informed about the parts being back ordered, but after that, I kept having to email them to inquire about status. Turns out that the parts had finally shipped, but were sent back to the post office due to an illegible hand written address. If I hadn't pinged them on this, the parts would have been shipped back to the sender!!
I remember that issue. The parts you ordered were on back order for a short time before they shipped and unfortunately I thought I'd sent you the tracking number but I hadn't. When I checked the tracking number it said undeliverable, so I made a few phone calls and found out the package hadn't been sent back to Rexpeed, so I gave you the tracking number and told you to check with the post office. It was a good thing you sent me an e-mail, and I'm glad we got it worked out, but your post makes it sound like it was worse than it was. I didn't fill out the shipping label that fouled things up, but I did make the phone calls to make sure you got your parts. Just had to mention that in my defense.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

No problem with you guys, but i shot you an email. Let me know what ya think.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:26 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

update-
justin is working hard to get me my pads. i appreciate his updates that he has been giving me.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 09:46 AM

I ordered from them a while back, and it took a little while to get my parts, but I still got everything I ordered. The guy I emailed there said they'd be on their way soon. I got the parts about a month after I ordered them? Which kinda sucked but he got back to me which is all that mattered. The prices and selection were great, free shipping is nice too

Quick Reply: speed corps customer service