Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

I have absolutely had it with Vivid Racing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have absolutely had it with Vivid Racing

Today yet AGAIN Vivid has shipped an order ground which was clearly invoiced and ordered as overnight shipping. This is the THIRD consecutive order that has been somehow screwed up.

Order 1: Overnighted a set of Tein coils. Never showed up at ALL. They sent another set out 2 days late and made me PAY for them in full before sending "another set", then took 2 weeks to refund the initial payment. Nice customer service. Your shipper "loses" the items and you make the customer pay for another set if he doesn't want to wait WEEKS until they find them. **** poor in my opinion.

Order 2: Overnighted an antenna and oil cap. Antenna never came, and had to request it to actually get the item which finally showed up 3 weeks later. Oil cap was delivered....blue one instead of the chrome one clearly listed on the invoice. Sent back the blue cap the next day with their mailing label, and had to once again complain to get them to actually send me the correct one. Two weeks later.

Order 3: Overnighted two timing belts for a car that was leaving the state in two days. They sent the items GROUND shipping, even though the invoice clearly stated next day delivery. Had to cancel the order and try to source the items locally because of their carelessness on reading the shipping method.

I have really tried to give this company my business, but the repeated carelessness and apathy is maddening. They screw up my orders then say...oh well we can cancel and refund if you don't want the items. Well that doesn't help me, nor does it show ANY level of customer service. I run three companies and when things like this happen, especially repeatedly, people are fired and customers receive free merchandise or a heavy discount credit as an apology and show of appreciation for being understanding. With Vivid I seem to get....oh well, here's your money back. Maybe things are so good for Vivid Racing that they don't care about my business or customer satisfaction. Maybe they are making so much money that it doesn't matter. That must be it. If they don't appreciate my business, I certainly won't be attempting to give them any more of it.

To say I'm highly disappointed with the quality of service is a massive understatement!!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

wow I hate when you pay for overnight or even 2n day for shipping and they still ship it regular mail. Wow i herd too many bad things about their customer service
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dsm25psi
wow I hate when you pay for overnight or even 2n day for shipping and they still ship it regular mail. Wow i herd too many bad things about their customer service
It's like they don't even READ the invoice to see if the item needs to be expressed or not. The apathy shown is the really frustrating part. I'd NEVER tell a customer, after screwing up every single order, that we could just refund their money if they wanted. Talk about no appreciation for your customers or desire to make it right. Frankly I was also appalled that my only options on the coils were to pay for another set in full or just "wait it out". Not really an option when the car is ON THE LIFT and waiting for it's coils that were overnighted!!!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Very sorry to hear about this issue. I have sent you a PM.

Regards
Jon
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I would have stopped after the first incident, maybe the 2nd if it was a product only they could have got . It's like going to a gas station and putting in bad gas, then find out they are notorious for this. Why would you trust after that?

You had options, however, you repeatedly chose the same one.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Im curious to see what is their explanation. Someone better be fired for this.

In this current state of the economy is not the time to be making business mistakes. You want to be on your A game. If not, competitors are just gonna steal your sales and eventually might put you out of business because of 1 silly mistake. Not worth keeping a worker if he consistently fails in customer service dept. There are better and more qualified people who are willing and motivated to work for that position of the person who made that mistake. Just think like a consumer/customer for once.

Last edited by Pure EvoIX; Oct 7, 2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear that, thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of making a purchase from them I guess i'll check out other vendors.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Wow. That's terrible. I don't know how you could try 2, much less 3 times. You must be very forgiving. Sorry to hear about all this.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
I would have stopped after the first incident, maybe the 2nd if it was a product only they could have got . It's like going to a gas station and putting in bad gas, then find out they are notorious for this. Why would you trust after that?

You had options, however, you repeatedly chose the same one.
You are absolutely right. I am in Vegas and they are in AZ. Unfortunately the ability to get the items to me quickly is appealing due to location, and unfortunately they repeatedly FAIL anyway. From this point forward I'll just deal with one of the Cali companies on stuff I need instantly and Mike and Allwheeldrive motorsports for everything else. If only AWD was in the same time zone....they would get ALL my business.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im glad to hear this. Im sorry for the stress you had to deal with, but you making this thread will save others the heart ache. They wont get my business.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

defenitely feel your pain.. I hope vendors in general wake up and pay direct notice.. I had a similar issue happen just recently as well, but refrained from posting. I sincerely believe that forums and communities such as this, are what drive companies to succeed, not the other way around.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

I understand your frustration but it baffles me that as a business owner why you would continue to order from a company that obviously has bad business practices despite the fact that they are geographically closer. In this day and age it is possible to get items shipped half way around the world in a few days.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
I understand your frustration but it baffles me that as a business owner why you would continue to order from a company that obviously has bad business practices despite the fact that they are geographically closer. In this day and age it is possible to get items shipped half way around the world in a few days.
seriously! not sure why you would give them any business after the first mess-up, especially considering they didn't even TRY to make it right. hows the old saying go; wrong me once shame on you, wrong me twice shame on me.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ill say it again

WHAT THE DEAL WITH THE POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE LATELY.

yet another thread of dissappointment. i believe shops are getting to big of egos and they feel as well i got your money what can you do but wait for a refund or otherwise. They will soon come to realize you can take your money elsewhere and spread the word if you dont want it mike@awdmotorsports or buschur, ets, cbrd, independant shops, sparktech, ,Force Preformace, mellon or ams will gladly take it and deliever. I would like to see a company come though in the clutch for there customer since we keep the lights on and food in your mouth with a failing economy every dollar you bring in and RETAIN is the most important thing. After that one sale is over dont forget if you dont WOW the customer we are not coming back for future buys. Some of these companies act like they are sitting on a surplus of cash. Like we live in the world of ducktales and we all have money pins in the back yard haaaaaa.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone who still deals with vivid racing after the amount of info that is out there about them almost deserves to deal with this...

It's absolutely mind boggling that people still deal with vivid...

Quick Reply: I have absolutely had it with Vivid Racing