Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Kumho Ecsta V700 Review: Don't buy them

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2009, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get the yokohama A048
u cant go wrong with that
Old Oct 30, 2009, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by skyblas
get the yokohama A048
u cant go wrong with that
They hit the wallet pretty hard though...
Old Oct 30, 2009, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

falken 615's are a suitable tire as well that doesn't kill the pocket book.. As someone sugested earlier, I pretty much killed understeer as well with raising my backend just 4mm and reversing manufactures suggested spring rates 9kg - 10kg... I haven't looked into the rear diff as of yet, but during next years track days I may think about it. What kind of tire pressure were you running? Nevermind, you might have answered that already earlier in the thread.. Ill just read the whole thing.. haha..
Old Oct 30, 2009, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by RaNGVR-4
Kumho is correct.

You were likely overdriving into corners as well. Which would overheat and chunk the tires

And why would you buy V700s? Thats a very old tire.
Here is the video footage so you can tell me if I was overdriving...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hammerevo#p/a
Old Nov 2, 2009, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Will watch the video soon... at work right now.

Just for some feedback on NT05's... They are not as grippy as Direzza Star Specs from my experience. They did last about 6-7+ hard track days though. Nitto's customer service sucks and I don't plan on running their product again.

Dan
Old Nov 2, 2009, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by rawkus
Will watch the video soon... at work right now.

Just for some feedback on NT05's... They are not as grippy as Direzza Star Specs from my experience. They did last about 6-7+ hard track days though. Nitto's customer service sucks and I don't plan on running their product again.

Dan
Good to know about Nitto. I will probably not buy those. I have been reading that the Hankook Ventus C91 compound is pretty sticky tire, but also pricey. Have you used or heard anything about those? I want to talk to you more about your setup too if you wouldn't mind.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

I cant tell from your video, theres no sound. Its not really something you could see on a video anyways, as its driver and setup, bassed, etc. I can tell you you take very odd lines around PMI. Your line around corner 1 was far too tight, which likely added to your left front wear.

I dont think there was anything wrong with the tires at all. Just a combination of conditions and driving.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 06:31 PM

I cant tell from your video, theres no sound. Its not really something you could see on a video anyways, as its driver and setup, bassed, etc. I can tell you you take very odd lines around PMI. Your line around corner 1 was far too tight, which likely added to your left front wear.

I dont think there was anything wrong with the tires at all. Just a combination of conditions and driving.
Well thanks for the insight. I will only mention that turn 1 at PMP is a double-apex and has many lines. Have you driven Pueblo?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As I compete in Redline Time Attack's Street class, my experience is limited to primarily "street" tires.

I have used the Nitto NT01, which I am pleased with, but I hear the Toyo R888 is the way to go if you are comparing the two.

Give me a PM and we can discuss suspension setup. I am still learning a lot, but I as each track event goes by the car gets faster and faster as small changes are made.

Dan
Old Nov 4, 2009, 09:09 AM

I'm setting to start doing some autoX this was a good heads up,these are some of the tires I was looking at.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by rawkus
As I compete in Redline Time Attack's Street class, my experience is limited to primarily "street" tires.

I have used the Nitto NT01, which I am pleased with, but I hear the Toyo R888 is the way to go if you are comparing the two.

Give me a PM and we can discuss suspension setup. I am still learning a lot, but I as each track event goes by the car gets faster and faster as small changes are made.

Dan
Cool Dan. I will PM you about suspension, I am learning more every day but still so much to learn.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by 2.4evo
I'm setting to start doing some autoX this was a good heads up,these are some of the tires I was looking at.
Glad this helped. This tire might do ok in AX, but there are a lot better out there.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hammerevo
Well thanks for the insight. I will only mention that turn 1 at PMP is a double-apex and has many lines. Have you driven Pueblo?
Numerous times, and while Im aware of the double apex line some people use at T1, you actually didnt apex the corner at all, you just stuck to the inside...

Last edited by RaNGVR-4; Nov 14, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:20 PM

Numerous times, and while Im aware of the double apex line some people use at T1, you actually didnt apex the corner at all, you just stuck to the inside...

Actually yes, I did double-apex turn 1 and do every lap.

This is the line I take (in red)

Last edited by hammerevo; Nov 16, 2009 at 04:26 PM.