Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

How Assaultech messed up......... And then came through like champions!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Assaultech messed up......... And then came through like champions!

I recently went shopping for a new exhaust and settled on the greddy comp ti-c. Gave Assaulttech a call on fri the 6th and spoke with Dan, a very nice guy with the subtlest of accents (more pronounced when he gets anxious). Told him of my time constraints, I needed it by next Friday so I could have it on for Saturday. He said confidently "I can make that happen". I placed my order and went into the weekend.
On Tuesday I called to check on a tracking number and Dan told me his supplier was dragging their feet and it wouldn't get to me until Monday. Well that just wouldn't do so Dan went to work to find an alternate source. I called a few more times throughout the week, maybe 20 or 30, and it was always the same run around. Not from Dan, Good news, bad news or no news, he was always straight with me, but from his suppliers. Friday rolls around and no exhaust has been shipped.
I'm on the phone with Dan and he's very apologetic, asks what can he do to make it right. I ask him to check on same day shipping and he says he'll call me back. About an hour later my phone rings and Dan tells me same day'll be $300, "but" he says, "what's your schedule look like today?" He called around to shop, tuner, garage and store within 60 miles of my address and found someone who happened to have one sitting on their shelf.
I drove out to Speed Concepts in beaverton (those guys keep a serious inventory) and picked up my new exhaust.
Anybody can get it right when things go right. That's a given. It's when everything goes wrong, and it's down to the wire and it looks like there is no positive outcome and you steal a victory from the jaws of defeat that you show your colors. That's exactly what Assaulttech performance did and it's because they employ guys like Dan.
Buy stuff from them. They beat prices and they go above and beyond.

Last edited by vicksen; Nov 16, 2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

WOW!! I work in the "customer service" industry & that is definitely ABOVE & BEYOND right there!!
Old Nov 16, 2009, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Nice to hear another positive experience with AssaulTech.

My purchase with them (Eric of AssaulTech) was equally positive.

Being a new vendor is tough and with positive experiences like this, they can only expect more business.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

couldn't you have just bought it directly from Speed Concepts?

so you're happy you paid someone for an exhaust they didn't have and made you go fetch it?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by casper3043
couldn't you have just bought it directly from Speed Concepts?

so you're happy you paid someone for an exhaust they didn't have and made you go fetch it?
I could've purchased it from speed concepts, but there was the small issue of not knowing anything of their inventory, not knowing their number, not knowing what their price was, ect. Essentially they were an unknown to me.
To your second question, I'm guessing that you asked because you missed the point of the thread. Of course I would have rather seen it show up on my door step, but due to circumstances, it wasn't going to for several days. If it hadn't been for the diligence of Dan @ Assaulttech I'd still be waiting for it. I'm more than happy to make an effort when someone has so obviously made an effort for me.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Great work by Dan @Assaulttech, gettin' it done.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:07 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I have spoken with Eric at Assaultech, and same deal. They are great guys.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:33 PM

Good to know.....I will soon be purchasing an Evo & will definately keep them on the list of good suppliers

on a side note.....Noize I love your avatar is there any way you can PM me a link to that.....classic.