Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Bushur street fmic vs. Ets Garret 3.5" core

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
If we use a Garrett core it's the same exact core that is used on the Buschur intercoolers, we might even be purchasing from the same place. I would recommend the ETS core for a few reasons, I won't go into details since this is not the purpose of the thread.

I hope that answered your question

The ETS intercooler will work with stock lower pipe, our lower pipe and several others on the market. If you haven't checked out the dyno results of our LP2 it's worth a look

Thanks for your time,

Michael
Old Dec 9, 2009, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buy a Garrett core

ETS, BR or CBRD..............garrett core though
Old Dec 9, 2009, 04:44 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
i have had tons of experience with different cars (not just evos) and lots of intercoolers....ETS 4" FTW....doubt the 3.5 will be any less amazing
Old Dec 9, 2009, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

I don't have any data comparisons but i have used both. The BR deluxe fmic one I ran with the times in my sig. I know have an ETS 3.5" for a couple reasons. First, I wanted it to be stealthy and its anodized black. Second I don't see it not performing any less than the BR unit after seeing times others have ran in the 1/4 with the ETS fmic. Really, flip a coin and pick one or buy whichever is having a better sale at the time when you have the cash
Old Dec 9, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Eric,
You won't find the direct comparison data you're looking for. No one on here has the ability or desire to do a true lab type testing. Even putting them on the same car back to back isn't really a true comparison as there are still far too many variables. It is relatively easy to flow rate them and I'd bet they'd be pretty close if they use the same cores, but that doesn't factor cooling. Both ETS and Buschur have plenty of fast cars running their coolers, so you won't go wrong with either.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ Thanks for your input. One question is the old Bushur deluxe fmic a different intercooler? If I am not mistaken I don't think its even a garret core? This is in response to fresh-srt reply...
Old Dec 9, 2009, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Check the top 15 list for the last two years. That's all I have to add.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Check the top 15 list for the last two years. That's all I have to add.
Where and what list are you refering to? Send us the link if possible.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Most of the top performing time attack cars in the west coast are running ETS front mounts...

But Buschur does have the reigning "street-AWD" champion car running their products...
Old Dec 9, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EriCS
^ Thanks for your input. One question is the old Bushur deluxe fmic a different intercooler? If I am not mistaken I don't think its even a garret core? This is in response to fresh-srt reply...
I sent you a pm back. Also, I have to add, when I was overseas back in '05 I emailed Dave Buschur and he tended to my needs for all the parts I ordered from them. At the time they didn't have any powdercoating as an option and when I asked for it he didn't hesitate to do it for me.....free of charge. Seeing how I was a service member, he hooked up the whole order with free shipping too

I haven't ran at the track at all with the ETS 3.5" yet but we'll see how it does next year.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Why would you want to go to a 3.5" fmic?

Go with a 4" and call it a day! You can use it with the stock turbo or even with a 900hp turbo!
There are many many threads with people using a large fmic...

And of course i would agree with David... Results speak for themselves... Simply check the fastest, quickest and meanest EVOs around... Most of them are either built by Buschur himself or they have Buschur parts...
Old Dec 9, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Reese runs our FMIC and won the Street Class this year. Sierra-Sierra can lie and call his FMIC a goose if he likes but that is also our FMIC on that car, along with ignition, turbo kit, etc., etc. I can't keep track of all the parts we ship but those are two west coast cars along with all Fuller built and then there was Vesko too.......

Whatever, not here to get in a pissing match with ETS, I'm sure his work good too. Just didn't like some of the crap I was reading.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't go wrong with either is all I can say. Probably the only two I would recommend, great quality and customer support.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EriCS
I didn't want to turn this into a who's best thread based on opinions there are plenty of them. Sorry to **** you all off. I asked if there were any hard data to show which is better on a dyno comparison. Another question I had was is if the 3.5" garret core from ets has a different fin design? Maybe since Ets is on this thread they can chime in... As far as prices are concerned Bushur sells this fmic for 650.00 which isn't a bad deal. You also do not have to use their licp either. I believe thats the same deal as ets's.
Garrett Core is Garrett Core for 3.5".. the find design is no different.. The end tanks on both are different and the mounting pieces.. Id say support the shop that you think youll use more of their parts so they can provide you support if need be.. We have the Buschur 3.5" in stock and ON SALE... PM if you need any further info..

Oh and YES all the cars in my signature below run Buschur Intercoolers..

Mike

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Dec 9, 2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

id go with the ets core. i should be purchasing mine next month. as far as br, alot of people say they are great. I have their turbo back exhaust and i hate it. Id almost pay buscher to take it back.

Quick Reply: Bushur street fmic vs. Ets Garret 3.5" core