Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Bushur street fmic vs. Ets Garret 3.5" core

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is it you dont like?? The sound?? Because i know it cant be fitment..

Mike
Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I personally love my BR Race FMIC, it does a great job of keeping the temps under control.

I have AEM Data logs to support my statement

In the end, the decision is yours not what others tell you.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:38 AM
Evolved Member

Easy research / end thread

I have respect for every shop....but! BR guys didnt go into the 8"s not knowing ****

Btw, I use hks race fmic

Last edited by Clutchdc5; Dec 10, 2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 02:22 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
id go with the ets core. i should be purchasing mine next month. as far as br, alot of people say they are great. I have their turbo back exhaust and i hate it. Id almost pay buscher to take it back.

il take it fromm you lol
Old Dec 10, 2009, 02:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS All the way!! I have seen a 4inch core make over 700 with room to spare.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my 3.5 ETS, but you're basically comparing the 2 best evo intercoolers on the market. Can't go wrong either way.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
What is it you dont like?? The sound?? Because i know it cant be fitment..

Mike
Well basically there is this annoying rattle coming from it, and it is getting worse. Im in Iraq so I am unable to fix it right now. I think its the cat, not to sure though. Also the down pipe touches the sway bar, its sitting right on it. The rear part of the exhaust sticks way to far out past the bumper. I would like to get a new exhaust, but it will just be cheaper to fix the buscher tbe. So I will have the end portion cut and rewelded to shorten it. As far as the downpipe sitting on metal, I dont see much I can do for that, and I will just have to replace the cat if that is what the rattling is coming from. Also the exhaust connections suck. The clamps are as tite as can be, and yet I can still pull the piping out. Overall I am really unhappy with this exhaust. This exhaust was on the car when I purchased it so I cant complain all that much. But it is mine now, so I will fix it.

I know buscher makes some great parts, and they are a great bunch of guys. No complaints for customer appreciation, but honestly I just hate the exhaust.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

We uses ETS 4" core on my full blow Time attack evo for the last two years. So far I'm very happy.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by o-townFLA
Most of the top performing time attack cars in the west coast are running ETS front mounts...

But Buschur does have the reigning "street-AWD" champion car running their products...
the AWD street champion evo doesn't uses Buschur IC
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
sgtpetty210,

First, thanks for serving in the military.

The exhaust problems you are having sound like all installer error. Does your car have the JDM rear bumper cover on it? If so maybe the exhaust is for the EVO8-9 USDM rear bumper cover and someone changed the rear cover later. We make an exhaust specifically for the JDM rear bumper cover. If that's not the case then whoever installed it didn't push the muffler section onto the catback tube far enough, simple fix.

The downpipe is not hitting the sway bar, you must be talking about the lower tie bar. That is going to be a installation error too. Maybe they didn't remove the donut gasket from the 02 housing or they didn't install the tie bar spacers we send out. Many guys buy their exhausts used and don't get all the installation hardware to do it right or they just don't bother to read the instructions and know that there are stainless steel spacers sent for the tie bar.

Who knows what the problem is but what you are describing is not how our parts fit so I have to bring it down to an install error. If there's something I can do to help, please contact me.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

David Buscher, thank you for the help and quick response. Reading the things you have described bring me to the conclusion it was instillation error also. The car does have the JDM rear bumper cover on it. So i'm sure that is why it sticks out the way it does. Either way, they are simple fixes and I will have them fixed. I still dont understand why it rattles the way it does. It sounds like a loose heat shield which brings me to believe it is my cat. I am debating wether or not I should purchase a new one, or just purchase a test pipe. But thank you for letting me know what the issues could be, this gives me a better understanding on what the original owner has done.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Check the top 15 list for the last two years. That's all I have to add.
Not everyone is a drag racer.. We have tons of high horsepower cars that never make it to the drag strip. The only thing the drag strip will prove for an intercooler is it will work for atleast 10 sec at a time.

Thanks for the support everyone! If anyone has questions regarding our products, let me know!

Thanks for your time,

Michael

PS: Welcome back to the board David!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
sgtpetty, if the exhaust is sitting on the lower tie bar it will drive you nuts with the rattle, no doubt about that. If you send us your rear muffler section we can cut/modify it to fit correctly with the JDM rear bumper cover. While we are at it we can send you out the tie bar spacers. If you have someone that can pull it off while you are deployed contact me and send it in, we'll fix it up for you.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by blowoffsilver
ETS All the way!! I have seen a 4inch core make over 700 with room to spare.
I have a BR 4" core that made 921whp and ran 8.7's.. Just FYI..
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
WOW! We have a customer that ran 1000whp on a supra with our 4" intercooler. LOL!!! This thread can go in circles. Not sure what it's going to prove. We also have a v8 turbo car that ran 1100whp on a 3.5" (The core is way too small, but it made the power)

Quick Reply: Bushur street fmic vs. Ets Garret 3.5" core