Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Emery from STM, Insane customer service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2010, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emery from STM, Insane customer service

I wanted to post this for two reasons
1. Learn from my mistake, save your self some money
2. Pay homage to Emery and STM

The story:
I have the Exedy Twin HD on my Evo and have since my build earlier 09'r at BR. With my work I am away from home quite a bit. I maybe have driven my car at its current status two months in 09'. When I did the build, I choose they clutch I thought was the best for my power. Everything was great, picked the car up in Jan 09', put it in the garage and left for 9.5 months to ND. While away, I started reading about the bearing retainer clip breaking or popping off. I then purchased the STM fork stop in Oct. When I got home in Dec, I installed it.

THE STM FORK STOP IS SUPPOSED TO BE ADJUSTED AT 1/8 - 1/4 " FROM THE FORK STOP IN RESTING POSITION(POSITION A)

I had it at 1/2 inch, so it couldn't do its job, totally my fault and not Emery or STM. I shifted from 3-4 lighting fast, went to shift to 5th and couldn't get into gear. Right then, I knew what had happened as the peddle was on the ground. I had to get the car towed home which was 95$. I wrote Emery on here and evolutionm.net. I wasnt mad at all , just wondering what happened. Emery wrote me back promptly and said to call him. IT WAS 9PM AT NIGHT. I went to my garage and he talked me through some things and once we were sure what had happened, Emery told me he had an extra clip there at the shop. He told me I could try to pull the clutch fork back and maybe it would pop back in. I was hoping but no such luck. Since it was the holidays and I had my Mom over, I told Emery I would contact him the next day. I kept trying to bleed the system, then would come back and write Emery PMs.

I woke to a message first thing in the morning from Emery telling me to call him when he got into work. After talking, Emery told me he would send me the clip FREE OF CHARGE. None of this was his fault, and he was going to send me a clip for FREE.

Today I got said clip. Not only was the clip there, but he also included two of the wavy things that go behind the clip. I hope to have the tranny pulled and fixed next week.

I have the Bushwacker tranny with the Exedy twin HD. Let me tell, you for that one shift it felt O so good.

Since I am out of work and don't have the extra money I wanted to pay homage to STM and Emery. In the package with the free clip and wavy things were two STM stickers.THANKS Emery, you now have a place on my vehicle.

Cliff notes: if you have an Exedy Twin, get a STM fork stop. Make SURE its adjusted properly and you should have no issues. Emery of STM will go out of his way for a customer.
Attached Thumbnails Emery from STM, Insane customer service-020.jpg   Emery from STM, Insane customer service-024.jpg  

Last edited by EvolvedGTI; Jan 2, 2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
This has me sold for the fork stop. These guys seem great.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

This is not the first time I have heard of Emery at STM going out of his way for customers I am one of them. Good Job STM.

-Justin
Old Jan 2, 2010, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's always a good thing to build a good relationship with your customers
I'm doubting you know emery personally, but it's great that he took care of you like this even without knowing you

it's good to hear everything worked out for you, ive been emailing and calling around for a part since a few days before christmas and NO ONE has gotten back to me, not 1 email, not 1 call. it sucks
Old Jan 2, 2010, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Thats some good customer service! Glad to see the ole evo is still kicking man. I sold my silver 05 I had back when I bought that intercooler from you.... That only lasted about 5 months and I got another haha its hard to stay gone from these cars very long.

Either way thanks for the review makes me want to do some business with stm.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

You are correct, I do NOT know Emery and the only thing i have purchased from them is the stop. I will send some biz his way in the future. He didnt have to do what he did, but he did.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mugen777
Thats some good customer service! Glad to see the ole evo is still kicking man. I sold my silver 05 I had back when I bought that intercooler from you.... That only lasted about 5 months and I got another haha its hard to stay gone from these cars very long.

Either way thanks for the review makes me want to do some business with stm.
Cool, I actually thought about you today. was wondering how your car was, but now I know!
Old Jan 2, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Glad they took care of you. I always get great service from STM
Old Jan 2, 2010, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Insane service for sure! I ordered my cams at like 10pm at night and emery hooked me up. They must stay around the clock to make there customers happy which is amazing!
Old Jan 2, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

They are usually at the shop for a good part of then night working on customer cars and taking care of orders and all. Emery does bend over backwards for his customer in any way he can.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered the 7 or 8 dollar CEL fix and even on such a small cheap part i still received great communication customer service and fast shipping, when they are making so little of a purchase and still go the extra mile thats how i know they are a great place to buy and your story def confirms it!
Old Jan 2, 2010, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
I've ordered a few things from STM as well, and each time recieved prompt and excellent service.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by d-bo
It's always a good thing to build a good relationship with your customers
I'm doubting you know emery personally, but it's great that he took care of you like this even without knowing you

it's good to hear everything worked out for you, ive been emailing and calling around for a part since a few days before christmas and NO ONE has gotten back to me, not 1 email, not 1 call. it sucks
Actually I do know him personally and he treats all of his friends/workers and customers to the fullest extent.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 09:35 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hard to go wrong with STM. It's the only shop I trust to work on my car.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ill never let another human being touch my car again but emery and his crew

Quick Reply: Emery from STM, Insane customer service