Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

gruppe-s = 4 months of poor service+lies and still goin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down gruppe-s = 4 months of poor service+lies and still goin

This has been by far the worste purchasing experience I have ever had to encounter as a car enthusiast buying parts online.

This has been going on since late september of 09. I was promised that if i made a deposit on the JDM evolution 9 MR Headlights I would have a place in line on the container Gruppe-s had coming in.

When I got the PM from Braydon, I gladly payed the difference and even opted to have the product sent second day air for the 50$ difference. (total of $835 w/second day air)

I had to make back to back phone calls and PM's to get a tracking number.. but no response other than "Oh, I'll have Braydon give you call back"

About two weeks go by and a package shows up and when I open it.. Its the base model JDM evo 9 headlights.

I call back and explain that not only is my product beyond late, its wrong.

They took my information and explained they'll call me back.

I called back four days in a row getting the same answers. So, I was then left to assume that they were expecting me to keep the product.

on the 5th day I called back to back explaining I want my money back in full and they need to send me a return postage and I finally got an agreement.

a week goes by and no return postage. I then gave them a call back and asked whats up? Braydon explains "oh, it should of been taken care of, ill call you back" No call back, but the postage showed up three days later.

I took down the tracking number and watched the product's status so when it was deliverd, I gave them a call letting them know I need my money refunded.

Another week goes by, no call back, no refund.

So I give them ANOTHER call back, asking whats up. Braydon explains to me that because I payed with two different credit cards he is unable to charge back and will just send me check. With no other option, I agree.

TWO WEEKS and change goes by, no mail from Gruppe-S and the same "I'll call you back, my accountant is not in the office"

three days later a check shows up written on the day I called (nov 20th) asking why my check was never sent. NOT ONLY that.. The check is only written out for 785 and not the 835 I payed.

So I go another week calling requesting the difference and gettin the same, "oh, i'll call you back"

Today I gave a call and now I am being told I can NOT get my 50$ .. my options are 50$ store credit or 25$ Cash refund. My question is, after all this, why on earth would I ever want to buy from them ever again.

I personally just want my money back and dont want nothing to do with this company ever again.

Below is all my PM's with the company and as you can see.. Great customer service until their money.. after that... you can only hope that prayers will get you your product.

================================================== ==============================
To : Gruppe-S
Date : 2009-10-29 13:23
Title : Re: jdm evo 9 MR headlights
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Gruppe-S
Originally Posted by ninetails

im really interested in the JDM Evo 9 MR Headlights with chrome black housing non-HID

does these headlights have the socket for the fogs, or are they covered?

will i be able to hook up back my stock HIDs? and Beam adjusters?

I look forward to your repsonse!!!
Hi,

Those housing do have the provisions to run your factory fogs but you will need a separate harness or modify your harness to do so. You will be able to bolt up your stock hid's and beam adjusters without issue.

Thanks,
Gruppe-s
how do i go about purchasing these?
Just Give me a call at (949)457-1234!

Thanks,
Braydon
i will be calling u today for sure...

i actually just called, but i guess my time zone calculation was way off

I saw on your site that the heads and tails go for 1200... but because u have the headlights i want for 755 shipped.. how much is the combo now?

also... the jdm rear bumper.. how much shipped to me if i just buy the headlights?
Hi,

The Combo price for both of them them $1299 shipped! and the rear bumper alone is $899 shipped! If you have any other questions just let me know! and I have several of the rear bumpers in stock!

Thanks again,
Braydon
hey i called the other day... but you were out and i spoke to some other guy..

i was ready to make the purchase. .. but he told me the mr headlights i wanted were on back order for another 6 weeks?

he also said he would have you call me back...

whats the word on these headlights?

Hi,

We are just waiting for our shipment to arrive they should be here any day but I am not sure how many have been pre sold! We will be getting another shipment at the end of october so if we are sold out when this container arrives I should be able to get you another set rather quickly!

thanks,
Braydon
hey.. any updates on the headlights??? I definetely can not go another week with these evo 8 chrome headlights anymore...

I should be ready to make the payment this friday.. just wanted to see if you received any yet...

Hi,

I spoke with Customs on friday and they will have our container ready for pick up on the 28th! If you have any other questions just let me know!

Thanks,
Braydon
can i make a deposit?? I had to spend some of the money i had saved up for the headlights....

but i wana make a deposit before they all sell out..

lmk.. thanks
Absolutely! The container is coming in this afternoon, If you want to put a deposit down just call us at (949)457-1234!

Thanks,
Braydon

hey, jus spoke to you. thanks!!! (this is when I payed for the product and the quality of service went from awsome to garbage)

================================================== ==============================
Date : 2009-11-05 08:26
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey, can I get my tracking number?

Date : 2009-11-06 09:06
hey.. .i never received a call back from ya yesterday.

Just checking to see if my headlights should be arriving today. I really to be able to drive my car asap.

Date : 2009-11-06 14:02
hey... I've called you like three or four times looking for a tracking number or some kinda confirmation and you told me you would call me back with some info.. I havent gotten a call back or reply in my PM box once since.

I payed the 60$ for the second day shipping hoping my headlights would get to me thursday or friday the latest(today). Even confirmed with you before we hanged up when i payed for the headlights that I would get my headlights friday the latest.

My evo is currently my only means of transportation and its becoming a great inconvenience that my headlights hasnt gotten here yet.

Im not trying to make a big stink or anything.. I just was hoping I would get the service I was getting before I paid for the headlights.

I look forward to your response.

Here is an email I sent the day I received the product, but no response.

"Hey, I Just sent the email with the headlights I received.
And I am attaching them again to this email.

These are the headlights I requested
http://www.gruppe-s.com/Ben/exterior/evo/evo9_mr_headlights.jpg

I have been a week without my car because of you guys.
I understand the three month wait for these headlights… for I have been waiting for them for three months as Braydon informed me.

I am without headlights because I sold my original ones the day Braydon Private messaged me on the forums that Gruppe-s has the headlights I was in line for, in stock. I paid for second day air so I didn’t have to go more than a day without my car.

Ever since then, I feel I have been getting the worst customer treatment. I didn’t get a call back, email or any kind of response of my confirmation or tracking number. No email of my receipt. Nothing.

And now I have received the wrong product a week and three days later. So basically, I’m now dealing with poor customer service, late shipping and false advertisement.

I need this resolved As Soon As Possible."

Last edited by ninetails; Jan 5, 2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Assuming you haven't cashed that check yet call your credit card companies and refuse the charges. Let them deal with the BS.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

yea i had problems with them when i ordered my rims a few years back. i was told in october it would be 6-10 weeks... 5 1/2 months later in march the next year they finally arrived...

They also only ship big stuff like JDM rears through grey hound.

Call Eric @ Driveline, he will hook you up and prolly make it cheaper.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Silver06evo9mr
yea i had problems with them when i ordered my rims a few years back. i was told in october it would be 6-10 weeks... 5 1/2 months later in march the next year they finally arrived...

They also only ship big stuff like JDM rears through grey hound.

Call Eric @ Driveline, he will hook you up and prolly make it cheaper.

yeah, i spoke to eric, he gave me a better deal than gruppe-s originaly offerd.. but because I was already in this whole mess. .. I was without headlights for too long, and my money was tied up with gruppe-s ...

I had to go through a mission and borrow some money to buy back some US spec headlights just to get back on the road.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
nice and slowly they need they own section here to merge things around them...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...-gruppe-s.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...-gruppe-s.html

this is just too bad...
Old Jan 6, 2010, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Had the same problem with them. Ordered evo 8 non-hid heads and got 9 non hid heads. Was told that the supplier shipped them in the wrong box. Had Braydon send me a FedEx label and shipped them out at their expense. Only had to wait a week or two for the label though.

Gave them a call and asked how long before I get what I ordered and was told they would call me back. Never heard from them. Matter of fact, over the last 9 months the only call I got from them was they were shipping the wrong headlights at no extra charge. They did send me a refund after a week or two for the full amount.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

I had issues with c west side skirts.....lots of lame excuses, all B.S. From what I understand, c-west is now in the same building as Groupe S-
Here is what I don't get- with the economy on pause, these retailers should be full bore on customer service??? I have had nothing but issues from not only these guys, but also slow down brotha racing.
I wont be dealing with either company anymore- Spread the word about your experiences, the only way these companies will learn is to not get our business.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 05:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Agreed...The c/c company will get after them quickly but will send you out and affidavit to sign. This is what I had to do with another company that was not sending me a product either.Kinda always thought Grouppe-S was over priced..when I had my VIII. excuse after excuse... Good Luck I feel your pain!

Originally Posted by Kracka
Assuming you haven't cashed that check yet call your credit card companies and refuse the charges. Let them deal with the BS.

Last edited by bluepeartype-s; Jan 6, 2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You are awsome patient customer. Get that 50 bucks back!!! Don't let them have your money, especially company like them?! Shoot!!!... Well, I haven't done any business with them, Back in year ago, I got a price for my part and couple days later i called them for order, but guy wasnt in office and he never ring my bell. So I ended up order from another vendor. Guess I was lucky. Good luck!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Hope you get your $50 back colon
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

I've also had issues with this company in the past. I ordered some Evo IX cams they sent me Evo 8 cams. In the end I just wanted a refund because the customer service was horrible. It was much like the situation above. It seemed they wanted me to keep the Evo 8 cams and put them in my car. I got the run around for a long time. I told myself I would never buy from them again and neither would my friends. Good luck getting your money back.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
at least you got your money back, not in full but imagine not getting anything, $50 is $50. Hope you get it back , thanks for heads up

Im wondering if they even order JDM stuff, or say they are JDM and thinking people wont notice the difference, wow.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gives me a reason not to buy from them in the future. I've been lookin at the jdm rear bumpers but glad I haven't decide on it yet. Thanks for the heads up and hope you'll get your "full" money back
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i dont understand why people continue to buy parts off sbr or this sorry company the only thing you ever hear is problems with the product poor service blah blah blah. They dont even care to get online to defend there position YET people still order from that high priced website what a joke. The information is out there dont mess with either company unless you want trouble.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvolNinja
Gives me a reason not to buy from them in the future. I've been lookin at the jdm rear bumpers but glad I haven't decide on it yet. Thanks for the heads up and hope you'll get your "full" money back
you should contact eric @ driveline for the rear bumper he is awesome

Quick Reply: gruppe-s = 4 months of poor service+lies and still goin