Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Dyno Tuning Evo X in Maryland, Virginia, and DC area.

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2010, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno Tuning Evo X in Maryland, Virginia, and DC area.

Hey guys, I've been trying to look for some good places to get my Evo X tuned, and I'm kind of having trouble finding some shops.
I know that there's similar posts like this, and I've went through a good amount. Maybe something new might come up. So far I just have a full bolt-on except the Intercooler + Intercooler Pipings yet. Didn't want to run more untuned than I already am.

Right now, I'm considering PTuning 'cause they do Cobb AP for Evo Xs. And apparently they've worked on about 10 different Evo Xs so far, any suggestions?

I think when I'm getting into the engine rebuild phase, I'll probably drive all the way up to CBRD in PA. But for now, I'd like to know some good tuner shops that works on Evo Xs. Northern Virginia area preferred.

Thanks
Old May 26, 2010, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't heard anything bad with Ptuning, even though I've personally never been there. ISP racing is also good. I did drive up to CBRD and that place is insane. I had a custom tune at DTM where Nick pulled 343whp mustang dyno. Took it to CBRD with zero changes, 397 whp mustang. I don't know how they did it, but amazing bunch of people there. I'm trying to set up another appointment for a gas pump tune now. Me, I say it's worth the drive plus you know it's tuned right.
Old May 27, 2010, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Your best bet would be to contact CBRD and get them to tune your car. I wouldn't suggest DTM to anyone. If you want to hear some of the recent horror stories about them join the local md/dc/va evo forum

Good luck.
Old May 27, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

i agree completely on DTM. i go to atlantic over in gaithersburg, have so for 3 years and love the guys there, great group. obviously cant go wrong with cbrd..

if your looking to check out the shop, atlantic is having an open house this saturday, im making the trip down you should come check it out. PM me if you want any details or more information
Old May 27, 2010, 08:01 PM

Amsvfdsdsdwefvdsa

Last edited by rkque; Jul 4, 2015 at 10:50 PM. Reason: sdasdfsdfsd
Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:19 AM

I will be in Spring Field Maryland for training and I would like to take that opportunity to buy some parts to take back to Guam for my EVO any suggested places?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Just had my IX tuned at CBRD Wed the 8th. Four hour drive from Williamsburg Va., top notch facility. TBE, MBC, Intake, and Walboro, 302 HP and 293 TQ on Mustang Dyno.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 06:27 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys!

cb
Old Sep 10, 2010, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

IMO CBRD is the way to go...I will NEVER take my car anywhere else
Old Sep 14, 2010, 08:18 AM
Account Disabled

Everyones going to have there own opinion in this areea, just look at the name that keeps poppin up CBRD. obviously there doing someething right
Old Sep 14, 2010, 05:47 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Where in NoVA? We have a local who does good things.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by SpoolinUp
Where in NoVA? We have a local who does good things.
I'm in Centreville, Virginia area.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 06:56 PM

Hey guys,

Atlantic Motor. is def a great group of guys and a good shop. Down fall with them is that they do not have all the equipment. I had my suspension tuned there and they had to practically eyeball the measurements. I after went to PTuning and they had better allignment equipment and did it to a degree. While my buddy got his engine rebuild by Atlantic. Now I thing both shops are great. It just depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 08:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JiNSOO619
I'm in Centreville, Virginia area.
You are literally 1/2 hour from our shop. There's no need to go out of state for tuning your evoX with the Cobb AP. That's our specialty. If you have any concerns about us tuning your evoX, please don't hesitate to pm me or give us a call or stop by the shop and check our our dyno tuning facility--It's a one of kind setup on the East Coast.

BTW, we'll be releasing a stock replacement tubular manifold for the evoX very shortly. It will be similiar in design to our evo 8/9 setup and should have similiar gains.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-manifold.html

MrC
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:48 PM

For those who haven't seen the previous post I wrote, don't mind it.
I was just expressing my frustrations, but never meant to make it seem offensive. Just wanted to apologize to AMS didn't mean to offend you guys. You guys do a good job, and I've been pleased with the results. I still have good faith, and I'm excited to see what kind of results I'll get when the dyno tune starts.

Last edited by JiNSOO619; Oct 1, 2010 at 02:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Dyno Tuning Evo X in Maryland, Virginia, and DC area.