Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Hta green

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2010, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know are you not glad it was invented lol. mine is coated so even sexyer
Old May 18, 2010, 05:57 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
should have went 2.3 or 2.4 dont hate on the black lol. i had a red but we shall see what the black will do on my setup i might pick up a green just to see what its all about and sell the one i could care less for but he black is a beast spool will not be like the hta green but its good enough.

btw thanks for the support and picking up the MONA hommie

lol..I'm gonna speak the real truth about the black and the stock frame turbos there all crap but if I had to choose one it would be the green for sure..The bad thing about this turbo's is they don't last to long when you run past 30 psi daily and the top end power is weak..After third these turbo's fall flat and they can't hold boost for their lifes but for some reason my red held 30 psi till redline but the black would only hold 28 psi...

I know i bunch of other people who had the red or black and they were only holding 26 to 24 till redline..TO keep the story short and sweet you can;t beat a t3 or t4 setup they make sick power and hold every pound of boost till redline and they pull like a freight train just endless power!!!!!!!But then again everyone has different goals.

Last edited by 1slowassevo; May 18, 2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old May 18, 2010, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1slowassevo
lol..I'm gonna speak the real truth about the black and the stock frame turbos there all crap but if I had to choose one it would be the green for sure..The bad thing about this turbo's is they don't last to long when you run past 30 psi daily and the top end power is weak..After third these turbo's fall flat and they can't hold boost for their lifes but for some reason my red held 30 psi till redline but the black would only hold 28 psi...

I know i bunch of other people who had the red or black and they were only holding 26 to 24 till redline..TO keep the story short and sweet you can;t beat a t3 or t4 setup they make sick power and hold every pound of boost till redline and they pull like a freight train just endless power!!!!!!!But then again everyone has different goals.
u guys need to quit the drag racing "whose car is faster straight" and actually drive your car hard on a road course where u dont run over 25psi ...... but anywho, no dyno today as im still at muellerized getting the real evo treatment. New appt is thursday night
Old May 19, 2010, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those motons look sick man! Can't wait to see the final result!
Old May 19, 2010, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
u guys need to quit the drag racing "whose car is faster straight" and actually drive your car hard on a road course where u dont run over 25psi ...... but anywho, no dyno today as im still at muellerized getting the real evo treatment. New appt is thursday night
you dont have to u guys me sir!!!. I had a red and now a black. i know what they can do. Im not obsessed with dragging sir. I am buiding my cars for road coursing fun and maybe try my hand at autox. dragging is boring to me but i dont mind watching other folks do there thing. The stock frame turbos are taking over producing mad results its hard for some to swallow so they T3 or T4 you with that kind of talk to death. If you are a dragger then bigger turbos only make sense but if you actually use the evo for what its intended that phat turbo is not going to help on autox or road coursing. Alast its your car do what you feel
Old May 19, 2010, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Stock frame turbo's are even proving their worth at the drag strip too though... A couple of years ago no one would have ever thought a stock frame turbo could run 9's and even on a stock block for that matter. It's all about personal preference... Some people want to fly to the moon after slamming it into 5th, some want to get some air between that back wheel and the ground going through a road course, and others want to just drive it to work everyday and enjoy the car in every way.

I like the drag strip and now autox thanks to kanyonkid... But I've always seemed to do better with going in a straight line than through the curves so that's what I stick with.
Old May 19, 2010, 08:19 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Macaroni
Stock frame turbo's are even proving their worth at the drag strip too though... A couple of years ago no one would have ever thought a stock frame turbo could run 9's and even on a stock block for that matter. It's all about personal preference... Some people want to fly to the moon after slamming it into 5th, some want to get some air between that back wheel and the ground going through a road course, and others want to just drive it to work everyday and enjoy the car in every way.

I like the drag strip and now autox thanks to kanyonkid... But I've always seemed to do better with going in a straight line than through the curves so that's what I stick with.

Don't forget the cars running these times are on there death bed maxed out turbo,kill mode tune,gutted cars and like 45 psi ..lol..
Old May 19, 2010, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Yes your very right but it's still been accomplished. But that's for people who can afford to rebuild right after it blows and have it running again by the end of the week. For the rest of us we gotta save up and wait til we can get it all back together lol
Old May 19, 2010, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

why would the average person want a 9sec whip or a 1000whp car if you cant afford to maintain it then its a waste of your time and funds to begin with. either way the stocker frames are good can get the job done in all accounts just needs to run 8s to be complete LOL. step up to the plate macaroni lol
Old May 19, 2010, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

I still have a ways to go if that's the case lol I'd be lucky to hit low 10's on Q-16... My excuse is just what you said, it would be stupid to build a 9 second car if I don't have the funds for it! I would need sponsorships and a money tree lol
Old May 19, 2010, 08:47 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RockmanX
why would the average person want a 9sec whip or a 1000whp car if you cant afford to maintain it then its a waste of your time and funds to begin with. either way the stocker frames are good can get the job done in all accounts just needs to run 8s to be complete LOL. step up to the plate macaroni lol
rock i can't to see your build when your done if I was you i sell the black and stop wasting your time and buy a 6262 t3 setup to go with your nice part combo your 2.4 block will love you....lol..

Originally Posted by Macaroni
I still have a ways to go if that's the case lol I'd be lucky to hit low 10's on Q-16... My excuse is just what you said, it would be stupid to build a 9 second car if I don't have the funds for it! I would need sponsorships and a money tree lol
Very true...
Old May 19, 2010, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1slowassevo
rock i can't to see your build when your done if I was you i sell the black and stop wasting your time and buy a 6262 t3 setup to go with your nice part combo your 2.4 block will love you....lol..

Very true...
No way dude i dont buy into hype. ill pass on the t3 or t4 waste of funds to me. im not shooting for 650+ does not intrest me in the least bit. the black will get me my 500 to 600 range. It will even get me more if i chose so no point in upgrading. If i wanted killer spool i would buy a hta green i might buy one just to use it on my set up see how it feels. yes my build can support hella more then what im throwing at it and thats the way i want it. uber realible. I dont run my cars to ragged edge nor am i intrested in lining up and dragging. Once i get a 10.9 and destroy this 335i that thinks his car is gods gift my career as a dragger is over i just want a 10sec car. The road course is where the real fun is

Last edited by RockmanX; May 19, 2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old May 19, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Me and you have the same mind set right now. Except for after I get a 10.xxx time slip I won't go into autox. I'll just sit back, enjoy my little beast for what it is, and watch everyone else while I drink my Yuengling.

My motor can handle more than 500 and my turbo can push way more than 25 psi but just because it can doesn't mean I want to do that... Just like you I want it reliable and not have to worry if every time I hit boost will it be the last.
Old May 19, 2010, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

lol good deal i was thinking 30-35 psi tune and whatever it will hold on race gas. only time it will see race gas is at drag strip when i feel like it but i started out with just wanting 500whp on pump only lol and built motor was not in the plans for sure nor was a fp black. I upgrade as i went along it will be done by jms soon cant wait for that day and then i can kick back like you save funds to get it repainted and call it quits on this project for awhile
Old May 19, 2010, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kanyonkid
Not too many threads for this bad boy. Installed it last night along with the mona lisa mani and MAP o2 dump, its the 84mm housing also, and ported. For starters, my bov is quiet again! The turbo doesnt hiss like the stock one, its a light whistle when driving around town. As of right now i turned the boost as low as it will go, which is about 1.6 bar. Right now im selftuned, and the weird thing is, i did't have to touch anything! The logs were remarkably perfect during WOT, and man does it pull hard all the way to redline. It's nice to hold all my boost now! The tune is very conservative, evoscan wasnt reading my load so i couldnt play with it, its just to get by for now. I leave for California tomorrow morning from Mississippi and i'm gettin tuned at RRE using 3 port bcs ecu controlled boost. I dont have much first hand experience with other turbos besides the red, and for some reason, i walked my buddies RED equipped evo like nothing, basically untuned. Full spool to 1.6 bar at 3800rpms. Basic bolton car with Kelford 272's. Dyno sheet will be up next Wednesday as im getting tuned tuesday night. Stay tuned. Overall, i wasn't expecting such awesomeness with this turbo
just curoius why you went with an hta green over a bbk?

Quick Reply: Hta green