Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Frustrated with Driveline Motoring

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2010, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frustrated with Driveline Motoring

Where do I start?

I ordered a set of KW Coilovers from Driveline Motoring which I specifically asked if they had it in stock and was told it was. I ordered it from them because they supposedly had them in stock and then they could control when they shipped it. This was on Friday May 30th and I was headed to a track day the following Friday. Eric from Driveline told me that I should have it on Tuesday. Tuesday comes around and I emailed him for any info about the shipment and he stated that it should have shipped Friday. It was being drop shipped from KW USA - first lie (he supposedly had them in stock). The second lie was that he would have a tracking number within 24-48 hrs. Thurday night rolls around and I still don't have them or a tracking number.

I email Eric to cancel the order and he replies that he cannot stop shipment because it's already in transit. Well KW USA is only a two hr drive from my house and it doesn't take that long to ship to me. I'm sure that's another lie to try to get me to keep the coilovers. So now I have to deal with shipping them back to him or KW USA and I have to fork out the shipping cost?

Sorry just venting.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

I hear ya.. I had a similar experience from driveline, where my do-luck trunk, cw hood, and lip were all in stock.. A couple weeks later they finally get the **** in.. then I end up getting the wrong trunk. "keyhole" when I ordered and checked at least 3 times to make sure it was without key hole..

Anyhow o well.. This thread will be locked in about 3 mins because you can't post up anything bad about a vendor on this site.... I feel ur pain tho
Old Jun 7, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Old Jun 7, 2010, 09:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
should have used MAP ...
Old Jun 7, 2010, 09:41 PM
Former Sponsor

We never denied you the option to cancel your order. I simply said, since the package had been shipped, we'd have a waybill generated for the package to be sent back, and a FULL REFUND processed.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 09:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gsxtremedsm
I hear ya.. I had a similar experience from driveline, where my do-luck trunk, cw hood, and lip were all in stock.. A couple weeks later they finally get the **** in.. then I end up getting the wrong trunk. "keyhole" when I ordered and checked at least 3 times to make sure it was without key hole..

Anyhow o well.. This thread will be locked in about 3 mins because you can't post up anything bad about a vendor on this site.... I feel ur pain tho
We contacted you about this immediately after the mistake was made. We even offered compensation for the inconvenience we caused. It was in my understanding you were content with the outcome.

Last edited by DrivelineSales; Jun 7, 2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 09:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
OMG - You mean there is another side to this story?

shock horror
Old Jun 7, 2010, 09:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tephra
OMG - You mean there is another side to this story?

shock horror
There always is, but this customer is right in many ways. We failed to provide him with a tracking number in a timely manner. It's frustrating, I know. This is why we're here to help him in whatever way he chooses.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

I had a deadline. I needed a set of coilovers in a week. I did my due diligence and looked for a close vendor who had them in stock. I would have paid expedited shipping to get them here. Turns out, I went to the track and spent a bunch of time under the car to play with the rear toe to get the car to rotate. Anyone who's worked on their car at the track knows how fun that is.

OK, please generate the waybill to have the coilovers returned. Thanks for taking care of this.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:45 PM
Former Sponsor

I apologize, but we had been entirely unaware of your deadline at the beginning of the purchase. We informed you of an estimated lead time and that time-frame appeared to be agreeable. No upgraded shipping method was ever mentioned, requested, or used. Your invoice, along with the notes from the beginning of the order show that UPS-ground was the preferred method. Hopefully this was the case. If not, please let us know. I know there was a 1-2 day delay from what we originally quoted, and for this I sincerely apologize. Regardless of this mistake, we'll be giving you a call tomorrow morning to get this order returned quickly.

Last edited by DrivelineSales; Jun 7, 2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DrivelineSales
We contacted you about this immediately after the mistake was made. We even offered compensation for the inconvenience we caused. It was in my understanding you were content with the outcome.
No, I contacted you when I opened my package and found a nice hole in my $1200+ trunk..

And I purchased the "in stock" items nearly three weeks before they were shipped..

I understand mistakes happen and someone else got my trunk and I got his. Which is why I never complained really.. As far as compensation.. you offered something like $50 bucks on my next order(which wasn't going to happen)my order was $2k+ I said just refund my cc that amount.. You said you'd get back to me and never did.. I don't blame you.. I wouldn't want to give someone money back if you can avoid it.. The only problem was I planned on ordering seats, rims, and a few other items from you guys..

but I got them else where. No big deal. I'm happy that my items were very well packaged and fit perfect!!! I was on the ropes on painting my stuff, so it just sealed the deal and I think it turned out good. So really no hard feelings here. I can't imagine how hard it is for a company to keep 2389043 different parts in stock all the time. I also understand you want to make a sale anyway you can, but I think if you were honest with the customer and say hey we have almost all of your items in stock. We will get the rest in on x day and ship them out immediately... It's never good to over-promise and under-deliver.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^Nicely said. Vendors are always like that though. They keep saying "it's in-stock" even though it's not so when you pay them and wanna cancel your order, then they will charge you restocking fee.lol.crazy world out there. Just be honest and we are all good.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

Take AMS for example, a few weeks ago I wanted to order some parts including their 600hp fuel kit.. They said we have everything in stock except for the fuel kit. They said with 90% certainty that it would be in stock in a couple days(it was a monday). They offered me a discount, I said no problem. Purchased the items and received everything friday. Granted I live kinda close to them haha, but still.. they were honest and offered me a discount.

I do have to say that Driveline did give me pretty much the best price on my items, and gave me a discount because of my slightly bigger order. I do appreciate that as well.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 01:46 AM
Evolved Member

I think we should all hug this out.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^agree

Quick Reply: Frustrated with Driveline Motoring