Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Cortese Mitsubishi--HORRIBLE SERVICE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cortese Mitsubishi--HORRIBLE SERVICE

Hello to make a long story short Cortese Mitsubishi in Rochester NY gave me one of the worst experiences of my life going through a dealership for work done on my car I am highly distraught. I came in July because my wing/spolier on my car had the typical clear coat fade so I took it up with the service manger to get it fixed under warranty. After chasing him down all summer it took him to the end of September to actually get the wing/spoiler in. After it comes in ( last week ) i put my car in their body shop so they can paint the new wing/spoiler and replace the old one. I get my car back last night I told the body shop manger if I find anything wrong with the paint I will be bringing it back. He reassured me that there was nothing wrong with it and told me it has a lifetime warranty. So this morning before I head out since its sunny out I inspect my wing/spoiler. I find 2 hairs in the paint, paint got on the carbon fiber part, a pit, a crack in the paint, and around the edges i could see the clear coat it was a milky white color and had a matte texture. So I head to the dealer and VERY POLITELY tell him I understand people make mistakes and I found some discrepancies in the paint work. As I attempt to point them out it seems as if he already knows where the mistakes were because he started to point them out and knew exactly where they were. The more I point out the mistakes the more frustrated he gets to the point where he feels as if he needs to start lying saying "it was painted silver in the manufacturing process". Then when I tell him he is lying his body shop painted it he starts swearing saying "this is bullsh1t and he did not **** with it but he can fix it in an hour by wet sanding it. I give him my keys and tell him just get it done and I will be back at the end of the day. He takes my keys and say fair enough and storms off.

Yes I understand that it is free work since its all under warranty but I paid for this car and the warranty comes with it so I only expect the best. He has no right to get upset due to the fact that the body work is under warranty and lose his level of professionalism. If he needs to get upset at anyone its the people who painted it.

Using basic logic please someone correct me if i am wrong... If he wet sands the clear down to get the hairs out and tries to correct the pits won't that take away from the clear coat thinning it out? And won't he need to add another coat of clear to insure there is not any more problems down the road?

The next step from here is to email my experience I have received from Cortese Mitsubishi to the owner and to inform everyone else to stay away from this dealer. I wait 3 months for a part then receive bad service then I complain then they get upset.

END RANT/
Old Oct 7, 2010, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my car back not too long ago they fixed the problem with the paint and now it looks like how its supposed to be.... They didn't wash my car afterwards and left a white chalky powder all over it this time my only complaint as of now