Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

warning: peakboost manifolds/turbo kits etc

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2010, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow guys, I'm very sorry to hear.

But at least the word is out, my buddy was thinking about getting one.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. My dealings with Ken have been pleasant. A few poor financial decisions and a bad economy can see things like this happen. Sadly it is us, the consumer and fellow car enthusiasts that get burnt in this situation.

I had a similar situation happen to me 4 years back with Kingpin Performance. I was lucky cause I put a 6K deposit on the work to be done by using my credit card. When they filed for bankruptcy I just did a credit card charge back and got all of my money back.

I hope everyone that is out of pocket here is able to do the same thing.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If he is doing a B.R. those that have money out need to get themselves listed as someone that is owed. (forgot the term.) The you only have a slight chance of getting some of the cash back. After all that is done you can write off the loss on taxes. I had to do that before in my subie days dealing with a D-bag company called JC Sports.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah peakboost is no joke guys stay away i used to be a honda head. and doing business with them is a nightmare! I eventually got my stuff, but it took over 3 months
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:11 PM

This is crazy. I thought peakboost was a good turbo company.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:59 PM

Old Dec 13, 2010, 11:58 AM

Ok, just some helpful tips.

1. If PB filed for BK, there is hope for all of you.

If he filed against you, which he should have if he took your money. You will receive a letter in the mail stating such. In that letter there will be a date with a meeting of the creditors(you).

As many of you that can need to show up for that date and state your case to the trustee. Its your first chance of having any hope of getting some of your money/product back.

If you get our own lawyer or a group of you get a lawyer try and get one in AZ and have them at that meeting.

If you were owed product/money from PB and do not get a letter, find out when that meeting is and show up. The more of you that do the better.

Show up with hard facts..nothing personal. When you purchased, invoices, records of phone calls etc. Dates promised etc. Most of you use cell phones so get out those records. The more info you have the better off you will be.
The more of you there with the same story the better off you will be.

2. If Mr Peak has indeed fled the country he will have to come back. He has to be present at that meeting of the creditors with the trustee. Granted its just a day, but he has to be there.

3. PB had assests. So those might be seized by the trustee and sold. That money will be allocated to those listed in the BK. If PB has sold any of those assests during the filing period or shortly before PB will be responsible for that money.

Good luck.

Please post any questions.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

some good info
Old Jul 28, 2011, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

yup i just went to get my " turbo kit from peak boost " installed at iveys and pretyy much im screwed they said it'd be better to start over and buy a whole new kits there nothing they can use..... o2 housing, manifold, ic piping, downpipe everything has to be modified to work fit ! im out $2500 i bought the kit from import dps but i doubt theres anything there gonna do for me, i didnt deal with peakboost at all i just went to import dps cause they were having a huge sale on the turbo kits and i got one from them and now i go to install it and nothing fits!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1badgsex
yup i just went to get my " turbo kit from peak boost " installed at iveys and pretyy much im screwed they said it'd be better to start over and buy a whole new kits there nothing they can use..... o2 housing, manifold, ic piping, downpipe everything has to be modified to work fit ! im out $2500 i bought the kit from import dps but i doubt theres anything there gonna do for me, i didnt deal with peakboost at all i just went to import dps cause they were having a huge sale on the turbo kits and i got one from them and now i go to install it and nothing fits!
You should speak to the retailer about this. They sold you a part that's faulty.

If you buy a TV at Wal Mart, and it's broken as soon as you get it home... Do you take it back to Wal Mart, or call Sony? You take it back to Wal Mart. Let the retailer sort things out with the manufacturer.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Ugh this reminds me of J-Ondemand
Old Jul 29, 2011, 09:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by 1badgsex
How long ago did you order it? I thought they closed shop a few months back (Peak Boost) - Wonder how they got it.

Michael
Old Aug 4, 2011, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
How long ago did you order it? I thought they closed shop a few months back (Peak Boost) - Wonder how they got it.

Michael

yeah i got the kit a long time ago cause i was sourcing all the parts for my build and import dps had a really good deal/special on the turbo kits so i bought it and it sat for a while.. now fast forwarded to now the cars at iveys and they had to basically start for the beginning and cut and reweld everything to get it to fit! im so furious right now i paid $2500 for the kit and all was a waste of money! i was thinking of contacting import dps but theyll prob tell me to go kick rocks... i remember them sayin that ken from peakboost burnt them on 2 manifolds so i know im beat. Just sucks cause ive put so much money out into this car and i keep having to spend double to get it to work or fit right! im at the point of giving up seriously
Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

has anyone found anything else out about ken peaks? anything come from all this mess?