Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

warning: peakboost manifolds/turbo kits etc

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
warning: peakboost manifolds/turbo kits etc

if a vendor here does NOT have these items in stock DO NOT buy them *at this time*

cliffs:
Peakboost has stopped returning phone calls/voicemails/emails/deleted facebook account/ken's phone is shut off

vendors on h-t are filing police reports

just trying to warn others

if you have any problems, please add

Originally Posted by Garage 808 Hatch
We ordered a top mount divided manifold and GT37r in June. Had contact with Ken for a while, saying it was almost done, then it was done and was waiting on a housing for the turbo. then said like 3 times it was going to ship the next day. Still dont have our product. Ken has pretty much disappeared, Business voicemail is full, wont return e-mails or PMs. Funny thing is, his account is logged onto here on HT everyday. he owes us $2209. And I know many others are in the same boat. If you are owed anything by Ken, PM Andy@AMR with your info and what is owed.
Originally Posted by rudebwoy
I ordered a topmount kit from peakboost with t67 on 08 used it for a year and half, had to replace the turbo, so I ordered a GT3567 turbo in june of this year it came and looking like an ebay turbo, turbo was bad on the install nade a lot of wierd noise spinning down, I sent the turbo back and also the manifold because it was cracked, made a deal to upgrade to a gt37r peak promised to ship out a brand new manifold and new garrett gt37r , but never got anything, everytime I called he have an excuse why its not shipped he keep blaming ATP turbo a lot for not supplying flanges and the upgraded housing that I ordered. then he cut off all communications. I am out $3000 with manifold and turbo
Originally Posted by Spoolin18
Samething here, only I caught onto his bull**** quicker the second time around. I had ordered my new Topmount manifold, 3 to 4 inch downpipe, and dumptube over a month and a half ago. I had this problem in the past with Ken, but gave him a second chance as I was in need of this stuff within 2 weeks, and he promised it would be done. He kept up with me for 2-3 weeks..said it was almost done and was shipping out soon. I started calling last week and I couldn't get ahold of him anywhere...via Facebook, Email, Honda-Tech, and business phone. None-the-less, I cancelled the transaction with my CC company and contacted Full-Race for my order. These guys had what I needed IN STOCK and it will be here this week. Full-Race is top knotch and they will get my business from here on out, I suggest you guys do the same.
Originally Posted by jdm95
It is a little funky that they arent picking up the phones. I know usually they have at least the answering machine before you get to voicemail but when you call it just says mailbox full. I do know they have been backed up for some time which makes me wonder why they are still taking orders when they cant get out the ones they have. I had a good experience with them, Hopefully Ken will get on here and also fix this mess. Its a shame because i have their setup and the manifold and everything is very nice hate to see another company go out like this.
Originally Posted by dizzyroc88
is it a trend now for sponsors/vendors to turn shady
Originally Posted by blackeg
i also had a serious wait from peakboost. ordered the ftw manifold the beginning of march. i didnt hear anything for a while, exchanged a few calls with ken and he told me they were waiting for headflanges to come in. i did eventually get my manifold,over 3 months later in june...
Originally Posted by street dreams
well heres my dealings with ken. i bought a turbo manifold from him almost 3 yrs ago. 2 months ago i noticed it had a crack n it. so i took it to peakboost to have him fix it and he said he could fix this one for me or i could wait and he would give me a new one with there new designs/ better welding technique. but he did also say he was waiting on some new flanges. so i waited 3-4 weeks and he gave me a new manifold that looked better than my original one. so i would have to say my dealings were good
Originally Posted by AMR Engineering
You guys can contact the police department yourself to give your report.

My report number is 10-101931. Officer Fisher badge number is 13314 and who you should contact. Phone number is 719-282-9887 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 719-282-9887 end_of_the_skype_highlighting. I would encourage everyone to call so they see how serious this matter is.
AMR Eng. are you saying this is very serious because thats what im gathering and if it is i understand not bashing a company but if theres something funky going on people should know so they dont spend their money or if they already have they know whats going on. I had good dealings with Ken but thats just me i dont have anything bad to say but if theres something going on people should know before investing thousands of dollars.
Originally Posted by street dreams
wow this isn't looking to good for peakboost, when another vendor is filing a police report
If you look on other forum boards for nissans, Evo's and RSX forum a ton of people are having the same problem. No one really knows whats going on. I know this is supposed to be a sales feedback topic im just saying people on here who are owed money should see whats being said in the other forums. No concrete info that i saw other than his main welder quit. The rest is all speculation.
Originally Posted by AMR Engineering
This is very serious. His cell phone is shut off, his shop is empty, his facebook was deleted, and there is atleast 15-20 people who have already contacted me showing how much they were taken for. Also his dealers are screwed as well. I was contacted by ClubRSX.com today as well as someone at Church Automotive! This was basically a ponzi scheme of sorts from what we have gathered. Also this does not include the cracked manifolds he was sent and other parts which people did not receive back. There are also quite a few people who were sent kits with many missing parts, and only got partial kits.
Im speechless on this. I have a peakboost setup on my GSR. I do know that i waited over 3 months to recieve my kit and when i got my manifold one of the runners had a 2 inch section not welded so i had to send it back luckily i got it back however ive felt for a long time the only reason i got my full kit is because i called constantly and always got told it was about to ship or alot of times he said it was shipped and he would contact me with tracking numbers however never once did i get the shipping numbers until i called and called and called and then he would tell me oh it didnt go out due to this or that. I finally got it shipped when i said im calling my credit card company and im going to someone else.
dont take this as bashing as this was just my personal experience and i did get my full set up and the quality seems really good to me no problems or complaints on the setup. However with people posting of longer and longer wait times for setups it seemed this might come to pass i was just hoping it didnt. Ken always made time to answer any of my questions through my whole process of getting my stuff i hope there is a good outcome for this and maybe a reasonable explanation besides he bailed out on everyone.

Im not taking anyones side here, i cant really take a side anyway since Ken has yet to post up on any forum to defend himself on here or any forum for that matter or at least give a explanation which seems odd since if anyone ever said any thing against his company in the past he would post up with in a hour or so. To all who are out money i know everyone feels for you and hopes this gets resolved and someone has answers for you soon.
Originally Posted by lsd96teg
Damn if thats true what your saying about him, idk how he can sleep at night.....
Originally Posted by nihad
wasnt there a thread a while back celebrating few years of peakboost being in business.. The logo was kind of badass..
Originally Posted by rudebwoy
the sad thing is that his mother was the receptionist, the lady that answers the phone, how could a mother let his son do something like this? or even assisted him. and people wanna blame music for their bad kids. I know he is a grown man, but everyone is influence by their mom to do right.
Originally Posted by 213crz
sounds like oxycontin or percoset problem... MAYBE cocaine or gambling addiction.

just speculating.
Originally Posted by TheRappist
I ordered a H22 FTW kit with a gt3076r and 44 mm wastegate upgrade on black friday 2009.

It has been almost one year, and All I have received is my manifold, downpipe, dumptube, and intercooler piping.

I have contacted him about 25 times since, and he said everytime "should ship in the next few weeks"

I also PERSONALLY met him, carried his bags from his car, and shook hands with Ken in April of this year when he flew out the Maryland. Here is a pic to prove I met the ***.

And he still had the ***** to lie to my face. If I knew this was going to happen, I would of knocked his short *** out right then and there.

So yea, one year later, after waiting and waiting and contacting and being patient, personally meeting him, I still have only a third of my kit. Thanks Ken. I hope you die in a fire.
Originally Posted by TheRappist
Oh yea Ken, when you read this. Just keep in mind, I know you are in China. But the only thing keeping me back from finding you is money. If only I wouldn't of spent money on a kit, I could come find you.
Originally Posted by 93grayeg
This is crazy
Originally Posted by Acura98guy
Hey... look im in all four of them pictures.. well atleast 1/2 to 1/4 of me. lol
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats ****ing nuts! sounds like another RNR shady character!
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yea i actually posted on k20a.org...Im out a kit right now too that i paid $3499 for..They actually filed bankrupcy last Thurs. Thier talking about getting to gether and paying for a lawyer. So if Sh!tBoost is f-ing you over post it up.
Heres the link to the thread on K20a.org
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread...=80222&page=13

Last edited by MattyBoyMR; Oct 20, 2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Wow thats worse then Ron@Raw1performance bouncing outta the country leaving a number of people high and dry.

Hope the bastard gets whats coming to him!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Holly smoke signals "BAT MAN"
Old Oct 22, 2010, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Why is his add still on here? Moderators should disable his account!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

wow people just keep getting grimyer...
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Wow... Call the bank and try for a charge back if possible.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Wow, this is sad. We worked with Ken in the past, and he helped us out a great deal. Unfortunate to see his 'true colors' were far less than what we've expected. Hope everyone's who's been affected by this get's a refund!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
there is a peakboost screwed me over thread on every site and it needs to be. ive had one of there kits on my honda and it took over 6months to get to me. they would say they shipped it and never would or they just wouldent pick up not to mention they forgot to send parts when it did come. worst customer service ive ever had i hope everybody gets there money back good luck.

Last edited by mrboost05; Oct 22, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrboost05
there is a peakboost screwed me over thread on every site and it needs to be. ive had one of there kits on my honda and it took over 6months to get to me. they would say they shipped it and never would or they just wouldent pick up not to mention they forgot to send parts when it did come. worst customer service ive ever had i hope everybody gets there money back good luck.
Damn thats messed up before when they were trying to get their stats up it was cool..... but I guess now since they have the money they figure customer satisfaction quality is no longer a requirement in their established stronghold.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by d-bo
if a vendor here does NOT have these items in stock DO NOT buy them *at this time*

cliffs:
Peakboost has stopped returning phone calls/voicemails/emails/deleted facebook account/ken's phone is shut off

vendors on h-t are filing police reports

just trying to warn others

if you have any problems, please add
bought a turbo kit for a evo the manifold fits like **** !!!! cant even use it!!!!!!! turbo compressor hits the tranny mount and hits the rad, plus the whole turbo and manifold is cocked to one side !!! very poor design and fitment ... it would have to be cut and welded to make it fit nice without custom modification, called ken at peak boost took me hundreds of times to get ahold of him but finally talked to him on the phone and he said hat he had the same kit on a evo without no prob well i said then u come to my house and bolt everything up with out doing crazy modifiaction and he said take pics of everything and send them to him and he'll look at them and see whats going on and said he'd walk through step by step on getting it to fit !!!! yeah that was 7 months ago never got a reply or call back, last time i ever heard anything from him !!!!! now iam screwed out of a manifold and dont have $1000 to put out for another manifold and cant even finish my car cause of him and his crappy workmanship !!! THANKS AGAIN PEAKBOOST !!!!!!!!

Last edited by 1badgsex; Oct 22, 2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jetspeedz
Hi i just read this thread and I feel compelled to let others know about the same experience i had as many others.

It was nothing but lies and i caught him more then once trying to back track and cover a previous lie. Long story short after ignoring my calls and emails for months at times i finally threatened after about 6 months to call my credit card company and he finally sent me one of many bogus emails with tracking numbers and when the first box arrived the parts were incomplete and some of them were the wrong parts. The fit was horrible on the charge pipe and i had to do major modification. The A/C kit is terrible when it comes to fit and engineering. The distance between the A/C compressor and the downpipe is about 2mm which renders the A/C system useless practically. So after about 8 months i had most of my kit and I hope no one ever has to go through the same thing again.
just got a pm from someone else. sorry to see this is all affecting you guys as well
Old Oct 24, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Were starting a list of people getting f-ed by him. So please add your name to the list, what it was and how much you paid and when. Were getting a list of everyone off every forum as proof and the number of people f-ed. Thanks!!
Old Oct 24, 2010, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DrivelineSales
Wow, this is sad. We worked with Ken in the past, and he helped us out a great deal. Unfortunate to see his 'true colors' were far less than what we've expected. Hope everyone's who's been affected by this get's a refund!
Yeah the work on your car was the reason why i bought a full kit from him.. now im out $5000

Quick Reply: warning: peakboost manifolds/turbo kits etc