Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Exhaust manifold comparison - FiD vs ToxicFab

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The red lines are the FID correct?

then it appears as if the smaller runners DO make a difference even if it is very small on spoolup, and nearly neglible on power.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Glad we could be part of it
Old Nov 30, 2010, 07:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
The red lines are the FID correct?

then it appears as if the smaller runners DO make a difference even if it is very small on spoolup, and nearly neglible on power.
Yep, the FiD manifold definitely spools better (because of the better overall design). Its not a lot better, but it is better.

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Glad we could be part of it
Me too! Always good working with you. I may have to hook up with you in January to do a comparison to the stock manifold on your dyno.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Old news! There are a couple cars making 700+hp with the small runners. The gains in midrange power are quite noticeable as well. After that they start to become a choke.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 08:42 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome numbers man! Hope you're having fun with the new setup, those numbers were an absolute riot on my car!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

I am glad to know MRc products are getting the attention needed. I personaly choose this manifold for the simple fact it had 304SS Falnages as well as it having a lifetime warrenty for the Original Owner. I will be tuning shortly with my Ported 84mm Red running the FID manifold with mods listed below. The First tune will be with 93 Oct and if things go right I will return in the fall/summer and have a Dual Map for E85 as well.

2005 Evo VIII MR

FID Manifold
Ported 84mm FP Red
FP Gen II Install Kit
HKS EVC VI EBC
FIC 1050cc Inj
Custom Intake w/HKS Super Mega Flow Filter Kit
ETS 3.5 FMIC
ETS v2 LICP
ETS 3" UICP
Forge RS BOV
Omni Power 4 bar map sensor "SD Setup"
Full 3" TBE "No Cat"
ARP Head Studs
Comp 272/272 Cams

My current setup I was able to make 329.3whp and 281.7 Ft/LBS Torque on a stock VIII 10.5 turbo on FiD/Ptunings Dyno which reads 0% Correction factor. they dont beleave in "Magic numbers" The tuner Tuan is awsome the Parts/Customer service rep is great Carlos and the tech Jason who spent allot of time to explain and help me understan stuff then MrC will come down and also help assist as he did for me in my setup. These guys are just great all around you want great service here ya go.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 04:44 PM

Mrfred I`m trying to decide between FiD and Toxicfab manifold.Buying tomorrow. How do you like yours ? How much spool did you loose between the 2 manifolds you think ?Did you notice any difference is sound ?s it louder than stock? If you had to do all over again which one would you choose for a street oriented car ?anything helps
Old Jan 23, 2011, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by paweldhx
Mrfred I`m trying to decide between FiD and Toxicfab manifold.Buying tomorrow. How do you like yours ? How much spool did you loose between the 2 manifolds you think ?Did you notice any difference is sound ?s it louder than stock? If you had to do all over again which one would you choose for a street oriented car ?anything helps
What turbo if anything under a FP black go with the FiD also do you want a rusty looking manifold after a rainy day, not bashing toxic fab his Mani is real good as well. Also the FiD is a 1.25 runner sand is good to like 600whp and toxic is 1.50 I think and more for a higher hp car.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BEISSEN
What turbo if anything under a FP black go with the FiD also do you want a rusty looking manifold after a rainy day, not bashing toxic fab his Mani is real good as well. Also the FiD is a 1.25 runner sand is good to like 600whp and toxic is 1.50 I think and more for a higher hp car.

go ask full-race what flanges they use and why? all the runners are stainless. its not like the runners are going to rust. also i'm in texas and have not had any rusty head flange problems on any of my customers cars. over the 30+ stock replacement manifolds ive built and sold myself there are zero complaints.

another thing, ive done tons and tons of research on peoples welding techinques and am pretty familar with who welds what kinda thing.
in my opinion FID is not the ones welding their manifolds... so when i say my manifold comes with a life time warranty i back it to the fullest because im the guy building and welding these manifolds.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

No FiD just R&D the manifolds and once built and the test are done they get produced in mass else where in the USA. I was not knocking your Manifold collin but your in texas anyone with salt and snow will see rust on a mild steel flanges I don't know if you use mild Steele but the main focus I was in the smaller runner will help with a lower hp car and someone wanting to break big would be better with yours.

If FiD would not have been out yours was on my list and next was the Mona Lisa your work is still A+..

Last edited by BEISSEN; Jan 24, 2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
No FiD just R&D the manifolds and once built and the test are done they get produced in mass else where. I was not k.ocking your Manifold collin but your in texas anyone with salt and snow will see rust on a kilt steel flange I don't know if you use mild Steele but the man focus I was showinis the smaller runner will help with a lower hp car and someone wantig to break big would be better wit yours.

If FiD would not have been out yours was on my list and next was the Mona Lisa your work is still A+..
thanks, but when people say its not as good on a stock turbo thats not true. the first manifold i built went on a camed stock evo 9 turbo car. it was first tuned, then the manifold was swapped and retuned all on a mustang dyno. +26whp and +20tq were the numbers seen after the tune and manifold on same boost. all these manifolds are good in one way or another. all comes down to who the custom buys from.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
FiD manifolds are made in the USA, please do not start spreading rumors.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
COMMENT DELETED FOR EVOM MODS, SINCE THEY FORGOT TO DELETE THIS ONE WHEN THEY DELETED ALL THE OTHERS...

Last edited by 06MREvo; Jan 24, 2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Many companies and vendors do this in our industry and pretty much every other one out there.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FiDevo
All i gotta say is wow!! So many accusations its ridiculous....

O6MREvo get off your bandwagon and quit trying to stir the pot as ccording to your comments it sucks for Toxic Fab he cant design/mfg his own flanges rather then outsourcing to BMC.
It's not secret I use bmc race for my flanges. Sam (owner) and I are friends. I send him custom designs all the time for him to machine it. Great flanges...

Last edited by ToxicFab; May 4, 2011 at 08:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust manifold comparison - FiD vs ToxicFab