Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

AMS E-Tune Review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deebo3726
people that are kinda of iffy on the price you have to remember that you are getting a AMS tune and there reputation speaks for themselves....good solution for people who dont live in Chicago
i understand what your saying. no doubt AMS has an unbelievable reputation but do you think you should be paying for their "reputation"? AMS is also by far the most "over-priced" company out there, if thats what you wanna call it. i just dont think that their "reputation" gives them any right to jack up there prices. just like mentioned before, you can easily find other tuners, same quality or better for cheaper. ive made a few purchases with AMS and its like pulling teeth just to match a price. there products that they had spent long periods of time developing i dont think you can put a price on that. but for OTHER companies parts that they sell, i dont see why they cant work with you.

AMS isnt the only shop out there that does this so dont get me wrong, im only talking about AMS because thats the center of topic. ive been dealt with some real crappy places for the last 8 years. either way, AMS is a great shop. just no reason to jack up your prices way more than anyone else
Old Dec 3, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not trying to start an argument here but for people overseas (like myself) who do not have access to reputable and reliable tuners, AMS E-tune is a great service. It is a brand you can trust and guarantee top-notch service. And yes, reputation is very important and I would much prefer paying a slight premium for getting a reputable tuner to tune my car.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 07:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ginglingston11
i understand what your saying. no doubt AMS has an unbelievable reputation but do you think you should be paying for their "reputation"? AMS is also by far the most "over-priced" company out there, if thats what you wanna call it. i just dont think that their "reputation" gives them any right to jack up there prices. just like mentioned before, you can easily find other tuners, same quality or better for cheaper. ive made a few purchases with AMS and its like pulling teeth just to match a price. there products that they had spent long periods of time developing i dont think you can put a price on that. but for OTHER companies parts that they sell, i dont see why they cant work with you.

AMS isnt the only shop out there that does this so dont get me wrong, im only talking about AMS because thats the center of topic. ive been dealt with some real crappy places for the last 8 years. either way, AMS is a great shop. just no reason to jack up your prices way more than anyone else
Yea i definitly understand your point as well and i agree with AMS's prices being the highest in the market probably....and your right about there are other tuners that you can get for cheaper but i dont know if it would be of the same quality dont you agree?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well, it is possible you can get similar quality of service for cheaper than AMS price but problem is you have to be able to find that right tuner where as for AMS you pay a premium but you can be assured of the quality and reliability and the after-service.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:18 AM
Account Disabled

^^ perfectly worded that what i was trying to say is the $375 from AMS you know you well get your moneys worth
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

ive got the ams stage 2 tune on my 2010 ralliart, they answer all questions promptly and keep in touch with you through the process, not to mention the turn around time is awesome. i cant wait to do a turbo swap and i will use them again.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 242 Likes on 218 Posts
I have to agree. Paying for AMS's "reputation" also includes a near guarantee that they're not going to screw up your car. Why? Not only because of their experience tuning these cars and learning more and more about them because they push their cars to the limit, but also because their reputation is on the line for every product and service they put out there.

With other tuners, it is a much different attitude. If something happens to your car with an AMS tune - you know it's nothing something that went wrong with the tune - it's something you did. If something happens to your car with other tuners, it's like well.. how do you know they put out the best product for you? How do you know they tuned it perfectly? You get that peace of mind with a tune from Mitch@AMS
Old Dec 4, 2010, 06:11 PM
Account Disabled

agreed i personally wouldnt get a e tune but if i did it would be from ams
Old Dec 4, 2010, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 242 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by deebo3726
agreed i personally wouldnt get a e tune but if i did it would be from ams
why's that? I actually prefer e-tune - the only thing I don't like is making 3rd gear pulls on the street - don't like driving like that on public roads/worried about cops.

Otherwise, Mitch was able to tune my entire city driving style, idle, etc and the car is 1000% smoother than it used to be, for ALL types of driving. I'm really amazed how smooth the car drives around the city when I'm under 3k rpms. FYI I live close enough to AMS where I could have opted for a dyno tune, but by preference I chose e-tune
Old Dec 4, 2010, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

i understand what you guys are all saying, i have to agree with you guys. there products, yes beyond excellent. customer service, i havent had the best service but maybe that was just me and it was one of those days, several times. there tunes...again i cant say i havent had a tune from them, but from everything i read and heard, i hear there a great company. but not my opinion. to each its own i guess

i guess i went off on topic. Yes for people who cant get to AMS and want there tune, this is a great idea. or even if your just in the market for a reputable shop. its a great solution.

i have never dealt with e-tunes either but im willing to bet just about ANY vendor on here is just as reputable, thats probably the reason there still on here.

but i still dont agree that you should be paying for their name. like MAP for example, i love their work and there customer service is excellent. if its not Adam responding to you immediately then Chris is. when everyone else is out to lunch, Dan stays behind to answer questions. MAP is a company i can actually deal with without any problems. and the best part is, look at their prices. i have to say they are probably the most reasonable company out there. with MAP there not trying to rape you on prices.

AMS sells a walbro fuel pump at $115 and MAP sells the same exact product at $85...any reason for a $30 mark up? there prices just make me sick. and thats just one example.

my sister 2 years ago ordered me a sweatshirt from AMS for x-mas, this was at the time they had a problem with there website. she paid $35 for the sweatshirt and $50 for shipping. did AMS try to contact her and reimburse her? NO, they just took their money and ran.

like i said i have had really ****ty service with AMS and thats all i can say about them.

btw sorry to steal your thread dude.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 08:52 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kyooch
why's that? I actually prefer e-tune - the only thing I don't like is making 3rd gear pulls on the street - don't like driving like that on public roads/worried about cops.

Otherwise, Mitch was able to tune my entire city driving style, idle, etc and the car is 1000% smoother than it used to be, for ALL types of driving. I'm really amazed how smooth the car drives around the city when I'm under 3k rpms. FYI I live close enough to AMS where I could have opted for a dyno tune, but by preference I chose e-tune

to each his own i guess....i let Ivey do all my tuning and his reputation speaks for itself

wow $35 for a sweatshirt and $50 for shipping? so she paid $85 total?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

yup $85, its pretty sad i think.

yea i had Ivey tuning my car too, but now i found a new tuner, the guy who taught Ivey, from what ive heard.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

tcomp is doing dual map tune v7 for 150!!!
cant beat that
Old Dec 5, 2010, 07:24 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ginglingston11
yup $85, its pretty sad i think.

yea i had Ivey tuning my car too, but now i found a new tuner, the guy who taught Ivey, from what ive heard.
who would that be?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

this guy Felix, works in Linden at 1320

Quick Reply: AMS E-Tune Review