Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

4wstuning review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2010, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
surprised tamer has not commented yet
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
customer of mine showed me this thread; just curious, do you guys get maps this smooth from your other sources?

I wish! Is this for one of your customers?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
yes. sorry I dont want to hijack this thread. All my maps are very smooth.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
T's not on here too often. IIRC he's been working towards his masters degree.

I have never had an issue getting in touch with him and 100% appreciate all help and support he's given me for many years.

He is not the kind of guy to take money from someone and run away. OP I am sure this will get solved for you
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not saying I was scammed. Just don't like the poor service I was receiving.

I could of went with any respected email tuner and would of had the same outcome. Just this blackcloud.

Anyways appreciate the input, Tamer replied to my log email and I sent back I didn't want to complete the email tune.

Car won't be out till spring cause alot of snow is here so I have some time to think about what I wanna do.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
T's not on here too often. IIRC he's been working towards his masters degree.

I have never had an issue getting in touch with him and 100% appreciate all help and support he's given me for many years.

He is not the kind of guy to take money from someone and run away. OP I am sure this will get solved for you
Same thing here I've never really had a problem contacting him but lateley he's doing homework and lot's of other stuff completely understandable. as gsrboi said im sure Tamer will get this resolved rather quick. His quick responses was one of the top reasons i decided to go to him for a tune. Sorry to hear and i hope this issue is resolved quickly!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cij911
Old Lesson : Always take your car to someone that is knowledgeable and honest. I feel the same applies to tuning....Sorry to hear about your experience...
Hmm... I was tuned by Tamer right at 2 months ago. Not one problem from him or my car. We started the tune on a Thursday night, tuned most of that Friday, and finished up on Saturday. My experience with him is that he IS knowledgeable and honest. I picked his brain with all my questions and concerns over the period of several months before starting the tune, and he answered every single question fully and promptly. I do intend on using him again for the next tune.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I didn't question his knowledge or honesty but like I said I was being ignored. Message, call, email I wouldn't get an answer till after a week at times. Not to mention the days he would send me a map and wouldn't tell me I have to babysit my email account. I'll admit I was a pain but still.

I would try and avoid asking questions after I told him I might have phantom knock after logging the 1st or 2nd power map and he flips out. Like whoa bud it says on your site "as a customer, you are entitled to ask questions regarding your tune"

Bottom line is, before I paid him I told him my schedule that I can only tune my car a number of hours each morning- 1-2pm. We scaled injectors one night. He told me he can work with my early schedule and that's that. At this point I really don't care anymore.

And to Tamer, don't tell your other customers I was frustrated with my car cause it has problems. That is untrue, never said that.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

if he really is getting his masters and at school its finals time right now... not that that is an excuse, just a heads up.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

I suggest driving to STM as well if things aren't figured out with tamer. They are fairly close and they have a very good, strong reputation and will take care of you!

Sorry to hear about the spotty service with him, thats pretty rare.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

I agree, if STM is closer, then go there. I found out that doing an email tune is very frustrating. The only secluded roads for me to do the pulls on are far away from even the weakest wi-fi signal for me to use to send the logs/maps back and forth. I would much rather deal with the tuner face-to-face. Consider yourself lucky to have such a great shop close by at your disposal.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shuttlegoose
if he really is getting his masters and at school its finals time right now... not that that is an excuse, just a heads up.
Well he never told me that. I would of understood, but I mean come on ignoring me for days then responding with "you never contacted me" or I was on vaca, I was dynotuning. It's like I owed him $. Poor communication that's all.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

I like tamer and STM.

Although I must admit looking over my 4ws tuned map the map has some things I would have liked smoothed out.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

I like those who keep their word!

I got 23 maps I just deleted. Best $225 ever spent.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

^^ ithink i got you beat with 27maps in 3 days..
oh thats just e85... V5 and V7 maps