Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

4wstuning review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4wstuning review

Well I have always been skeptical about email tunes for many reasons, also I get nervous cause of many cops in my area. I wasn't gonna write a review but what the hey everyone should write a review good or bad.

My Evo VIII had a horrible tune on a turbo xs utec. It used to have a fp green and the prev owner said the car was retuned for the stock turbo. Looking at the tune it wasn't. Car started running like crap and I was getting knock as the weather got colder.

I resorted to trying out a email tune, read the reviews on here for about a week. I liked the reviews Tamer was getting so I contacted him. He was very prompt with an answer, went over my early schedule and before you knew it I paid for his tuning services. He also gave me a great deal on a hallman mbc and aem wb.

I couldn't start right away cause I had ordered parts I counted on receiving from another vendor the next day.

Fast foward 2 weeks, still no parts from other vendor. I contact Tamer so we can start. Again prompt reply, he sends me a base map. A week later I get the parts I had waited for and contact Tamer again so we can start with the injector scaling.

After a few days of scaling Tamer had the trims where he wanted them to be. I found it great how he was able to work with my schedule and my car that didn't want to cooperate at times.

We were ready for power, this is where the service has gotten iffy. Once we got to power I couldn't reach Tamer, he wouldn't reply to my texts and if he did all I would get would be ??. Call his phone it would ring then go to voicemail no replys to emails. I thought he's prob busy.

I then got ahold of him, we began looking for power and I started feeling the car move a bit better. I got nervous at first trying to avoid getting pulled over.

Everytime we would start getting somewhere I couldn't contact him. This happened a few times to where we are now.

I was left with my car that would want to stall with the heat on and throws a code for the egr system he disabled.

I have given up on this email tune so I did some reading, I ended up fixing the idle issue with the heat on and re enabling the egr so I don't fail the nys emissions testing.

Yes my car moves better then it used to but no I am not satisfied with the tune we never finished.

But it's whatever, you can't make everyone happy I guess right.

Sorry for the long post but like I said everyone should write a review good or bad!

I learned from this, picked up stuff about the tuning aspect I never knew about before.

-Ali
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

I was considering going with Tamer as well for a e-tune , he replied to one of my emails but after that he stopped replying. He might be backed up who knows, I am probably going to go with English Racing's John Bradley when I get my cams and injectors installed
Old Dec 6, 2010, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah that's what I thought at first, only so much one guy can do but got sick of waiting and getting no answer. I paid in full for a tune not in payments.

I didn't make this thread to bash in anyway, just expected top notch service.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

I know there are tuners in NY. Why didn't you just go to get dyno'd tuned? Especially since you have cams. Yes it can be done via e-mail tuning, but with the cams and all I'd be worried running em without having a nice, known to be safe, basemap at least.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

I live in the Niagara Falls area, there is one shop about 20 minutes from my location with a dyno won't name them and they prev street tuned my car. My car ran like crap on their tune.

I was gonna go to Buschur a couple months back but I don't have the time to take a day off.

So basically I'm SOL. I'll figure what I'm gonna do in the spring.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about your bad tuning experience. I strongly recommend you try AMS E-tune service. I just had my car E-tuned by Mitch @ AMS and could not be happier with the service. Mitch will always response to questions almost immediately and he for sure knows his ****s when it comes to tuning!!!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I know several fellow members on this forum have had the AMS E-tune service and were extremely happy with it
Old Dec 6, 2010, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear about your bad tune and experience I hope you get your problems reesolved
Old Dec 6, 2010, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you don't get any answers, STM is pretty close to you.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have had nothing but good things to say about my tuner.(see sig).

Yes, it is very nerve racking when doing a full throttle run, hopefully on a very long and empty road. Get a PBA card,LOL.

Btw, just as a side, my tune was only less than 20hp diff from the e-mail tune to the final dyno tune this past weekend when my tuner was in town.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old Lesson : Always take your car to someone that is knowledgeable and honest. I feel the same applies to tuning....Sorry to hear about your experience...
Old Dec 7, 2010, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

I thank you guys for the support, yeah I learned a huge lesson here. But I'm just gonna move on from this.

Sorry mods, I missed the review rules before I posted this thread. I contacted one of you yesterday in regard to this thread and if you have to delete this go ahead. Because I have resolved the issue by moving on. Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

i am in middle of finishing up my tune with vr-speed. He answers email and questions within 10 minutes.
I am on his 8th v7 rom already..
Old Dec 7, 2010, 08:17 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 596736
If you don't get any answers, STM is pretty close to you.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 08:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
removed out of respect for Tamer.

Last edited by tscompusa2; Dec 7, 2010 at 07:54 PM.