Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

ETS: Evo IX 3.5" fmic review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS: Evo IX 3.5" fmic review

This is my review on the company and product

Not so long ago ETS had a Black Friday sale with nice discounts on majority of their products and I was personally in the market for a intercooler. I contacted Michael if the product was in stock before ordering and he confirmed that it was, sweet the wait time won't be that long.

On the day of Thanksgiving I decided to bite the bullet and ordered it before the sale was over with and didn't want to be left with a feeling of regret for not buying it. That following weekend I contacted Michael and asked on the status of the IC and if it had been shipped out yet. I was a little disappointed when he said that he made a mistake and that no 3.5" cores were in stock and that they were waiting for the next shipment of cores to arrive. No biggie, everybody makes mistakes; Michael reassured me that the product would be shipped out Wed. after the week of Thanksgiving.

A few days have passed and I pm Michael asking about the product and no reply for two days. Later on Michael sent me a pm and gave me his apologies and said that because of this little mishap shipping would be free for my package. SWEET

The package arrived at my house as of yesterday and I'm very impressed with how it was packaged:

I started the install yesterday and ran into a bit of confusion, because the ets ic doesn't use the stock mounting points as the oem does. I contacted the guys at ETS and they were helpful in answering and assisting me with my problem. Although I was told that trimming would be needed by Chris@ETS for the 3.5", I found out later that it wasn't necessary at all. I finished the install today and performed a boostleak test once all the couplers and clamps were done. To my surprise I had that the endtanks of the ic was leaking even after I thoroughly made sure the coupler was fit on nicely on both ends as well as nicely tightening the t-clamps that ETS provided with the install it. So the moral of the story is to always perform a boostleak test when you install a ic or new pipes even if you are confident everything has a nice and tight seal. Now onto the pics:

Despite the fact it took me almost a month to get the ic into my hands, I'm happy that I purchased this product. Because Michael let the shipping for me be free I would most definately do business again with this company, they did the professional thing to ensure that they would get my business again and thats my review. Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes in this review, I've been running around all day with only 3 hours of sleep each night for the past week

Last edited by Hi Im Vinh; Dec 16, 2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome. Looking forward to get same one soon. How's turbo spool after bigger FMIC?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ryuartz
Awesome. Looking forward to get same one soon. How's turbo spool after bigger FMIC?
I haven't gone WOT or did any pulls in the car yet, so I'm unsure as of now. I'm curious to see how my car runs after I get my touchup tune, especially since I fixed a major boostleak on my car that I've been trying to trace down for awhile now.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Nice, I got the same wide core for my IX on the day after Thanksgiving and it only took a week for it to come. Cant wait to install it after this crappy snow clears up.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

ETS is an awesome company and their products are top notch!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great. I love my ETS intercooler as well.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 great quality intercooler
Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
looks good, hopefully i can order one soon!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlackSE
Nice, I got the same wide core for my IX on the day after Thanksgiving and it only took a week for it to come. Cant wait to install it after this crappy snow clears up.
I wish I could say it took the same amount of time to showup at my doorstep :/ , but at least I got free shipping out of all this mishap
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Thanks for the review! I'm very sorry about the mishap.. We had so many orders from the holiday sale that I thought we had the core, but we actually sold out before we could ship them all out. Glad you are happy with the product.

Good call on the boost leak test.. everyone should do that when altering or changing your intercooler system.

Pleasure doing business

Thanks,

Michael
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

got the same stuff!!!! very nice!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Thanks for the review! I'm very sorry about the mishap.. We had so many orders from the holiday sale that I thought we had the core, but we actually sold out before we could ship them all out. Glad you are happy with the product.

Good call on the boost leak test.. everyone should do that when altering or changing your intercooler system.

Pleasure doing business

Thanks,

Michael
I'm glad that you took things out with a professional outlook, and a job well done to whomever welded the ic together
Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fabcas311
got the same stuff!!!! very nice!
I hand polished the top of my ic and bracket to match the rest of my polished goodies in the bay
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:45 AM

Hey there Michael, I am definitley interested in purchasing one of your FMIC kits, I was just wondering if you I should go ahead and purchase now, or if you would be having a black friday special that I should hold off for. Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Saraahhh
Hey there Michael, I am definitley interested in purchasing one of your FMIC kits, I was just wondering if you I should go ahead and purchase now, or if you would be having a black friday special that I should hold off for. Thanks!
Holiday sale is live!!

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com

Check it out.

Quick Reply: ETS: Evo IX 3.5" fmic review