Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Chameleon@NLM Coil On Plug Kit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Chameleon@NLM Coil On Plug Kit

I have had this kit on my car for roughly 3,500 miles now and wanted to wait to make the review until I was at this mile mark. So here we go...

The kit is great so far. I have had no issues or even small glitches since the kit was installed. The first thing I noticed was that the car idled much smoother and was a little more "happy" in the upper RPMs. I haven't gotten back on a dyno since installing the kit, but I plan do to so to see if anything was picked up. I choose this kit because of the coil packs used by Manny. Instead of Toyota Yaris coil packs or needing a DLI box, Manny optimizes the RSX-S coil packs. The kit is worth every penny.

I would definitely recommend this to any regardless of your power level.

Here is a quick pic of the kit I took with my iPhone so sorry for the low quality...

Last edited by emotart; Jan 8, 2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by emotart
I have had this kit on my car for roughly 3,500 miles now and wanted to wait to make the review until I was at this mile mark. So here we go...

The kit is great so far. I have had no issues or even small glitches since the kit was installed. The first thing I noticed was that the car idled much smoother and was a little more "happy" in the upper RPMs. I haven't gotten back on a dyno since installing the kit, but I plan do to so to see if anything was picked up. I choose this kit because of the coil packs used by Manny. Instead of Toyota Yaris coil packs or needing a DLI box, Manny optimizes the RSX-S coil packs. The kit is worth every penny.

I would definitely recommend this to any regardless of your power level.

Here is a quick pic of the kit I took with my iPhone so sorry for the low quality...

I just saw how far they stick up. The picture wasn't showing up. What did you pay for this set up. If you don't mind me asking.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mayberry
I just saw how far they stick up. The picture wasn't showing up. What did you pay for this set up. If you don't mind me asking.
They are in fact RSX-S coils which is why I can't run my cover anymore. The coils are to long to fit under the stock cover. This was a topic I had brought up to Manny several times because I wanted to be able to use the stock cover.

I will let Manny hop in here and discuss pricing. I bought the kit that was on his car, so it might be a little different pricewise.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Looks nice! Where can we get these? Thanks
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the review kyle, my first love has always been k-series engines, and I have yet to this day have a coil related problem or failure so I decided to make a kit using these denso coils on the evo just because, I have not done intensive testing nor do I have ignition problems, just really liked the cleaner look of individual coils. As of right now I cant disclose pricing as this would be only for current customers of mine that would need/want a c.o.p. Kit as I would not have the time to make and sell these online.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:07 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I made up a similar kit 1.5 years ago or so (probably still hiding in the basement), ran great but the coils are so tall! Poor CA guys couldn't hide it either. From my testing they are very closely related to the more common coils made by Denso for Toyota and just as stout. The coil windings were about the same resistance, etc. I think most all Denso is nearly identical inside.... Will def be a stout kit!

Originally Posted by Chameleon@NLM
Thanks for the review kyle, my first love has always been k-series engines, and I have yet to this day have a coil related problem or failure so I decided to make a kit using these denso coils on the evo just because, I have not done intensive testing nor do I have ignition problems, just really liked the cleaner look of individual coils. As of right now I cant disclose pricing as this would be only for current customers of mine that would need/want a c.o.p. Kit as I would not have the time to make and sell these online.