Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

ebay Mines carbon fiber spoiler lip

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ebay Mines carbon fiber spoiler lip

Well after going wingless, I wanted something subtle, as well as something to help weigh my trunk down some. Every time I popped my trunk, it felt like I could chuck little kids 50 feet. I looked at Rexspeed and then started hunting on ebay and came across this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EVO-7...Q5fAccessories
Well it arrived late yesterday and went to installing it. The box contained plenty of protection as well as the entire spoiler wrapped up nice. When I opened the box, I noticed one thing which isn't too bad - no 3m tape. The bottom had 4 holes for screw placement if you want to drill holes in your trunk and install, which I declined to do. The spoiler looked great. After cleaning the trunk and wiping the location where it will be mounted with alcohol, I was ready to go. I placed 3m tape where I got from the local Autozone on both edges of the spoiler all the way through. After placing it in place, thankfully both sides were lined up because this thing stuck on like glue. No pictures before, only after. Overall I'm very happy and it didn't hurt the wallet. One bad thing, I had to take off my dsm badge in order for it to fit.

Pros: Cost, looks great, 4 holes to mount with bolts if you chose to and adds weight to the trunk
Cons: No 3m tape, had to take off badge to make it fit.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks like a nice piece

what do you mean you had to take badge off to make it fit?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

The badge. I guess you could just peel it off and move it down some, but I just chose to take it off. I might need the carbon fiber evolution IX lettering now, looks a little plain in the middle.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by snafufx
The badge. I guess you could just peel it off and move it down some, but I just chose to take it off. I might need the carbon fiber evolution IX lettering now, looks a little plain in the middle.
I think it looks better clean/debadged personally since you are going for the wingless look. Any issues after going through a car wash or under cold/hot weather? Just wondering how secure this 3M tape is over time and weathering.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

It's in the 30 degree margin here and I've taken it through a touchless car wash and had no problem. This morning I actually got brave enough to hand wash and while doing so, I couldn't begin to budge it. I think my problem might be when spring comes how much a pain it will be to take it off if I choose to do so. I used 3m tape to affix my dsm badge and when I went to remove it, I had three pieces in my hand, so it definitely works.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the mines knock off. Looks nice as hell. I bought the mines one it was like 650$ from japan! Wish you would have got this earlier so I could have saved the money and bought this! I guess mine cost more cause it cam with bolts and 3m tape! Lmao!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

LOL, I know how you feel. I was expecting it to be junk for the price I paid but was actually surprised when I saw the weave and how it was built. I was debating on that or the E46 spoiler, but that didn't look like it would have enough weight on the trunk. Did you end up cutting your trunk and putting the bolts in?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks really good. i actually started a thread a few weeks back asking if anyone had purchased that off ebay. especially since its like more then half the price of rexpeed. looks like ill be ordering one soon.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I put the holes and used the bolts. Cause hope to be trapping 160. And I don't wanna risk it! Too much money! Lol! But definatley looks awesome! I'll post a pick of mine so people can see how good it is.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:21 PM

That is sick. Your about to make me order it right now.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Im ordering one for my carbon trunk
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by snafufx
It's in the 30 degree margin here and I've taken it through a touchless car wash and had no problem. This morning I actually got brave enough to hand wash and while doing so, I couldn't begin to budge it. I think my problem might be when spring comes how much a pain it will be to take it off if I choose to do so. I used 3m tape to affix my dsm badge and when I went to remove it, I had three pieces in my hand, so it definitely works.
That is good to know, as I was considering buying the one that goes with the stock Evo wing. I was just a bit worried as I did not want to drill holes and was wondering how well the 3M tape holds over time.

Did you put a ton of the tape on the spoiler or just in specific sections?

I check my carbon fiber exhaust heat shield everyday to make sure it's still there and hasn't fallen off from the heat, weather or vibration from my exhaust .
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Looks good!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:53 PM

Shut up Nestor..
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:04 PM

looks clean

Quick Reply: ebay Mines carbon fiber spoiler lip