Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Megan Racing exhaust replaced with new Megan Exhaust from Zeus!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Megan Racing exhaust replaced with new Megan Exhaust from Zeus!

First off, let me say that I had very little desire to replace my Megan Exhaust I already had on the car... that was before I accidentally lowered the car while still having a jackstand supporting the exhaust

Right away it was louder, and I discovered that I had both dented the resonator and even managed to bend up the huge flanges somehow!( I guess if you're going to break something, do it right )

I had considered trying to have an exhaust shop repair it, but considering the material and not really having a good relationship established with a shop that would be trustworthy I decided to ask our friend Zeus what they had to offer nowadays...

My original exhaust was the old style Megan, it used some flat tabs for mounting and bolted to the stock hangars, not bad but room for improvement...

The new version is slick, it uses stock style hangars and also uses the 3rd hangar in the right rear wheel well area which the original version did not... this made installation very simple and no worry about the rusty hangar bolts going forward!

The biggest change is a resonator built into the middle section of pipe! I'm very happy with this, the car so far is much easier to hear myself think while cruising around town.. I'm going to be taking a drive on the highway shortly and I'll report back if that is also improved, as it was not pleasant for the long road trips previously.

Sorry for the crappy pictures... somebody ran my camera over with a truck

Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

OK EDIT: I fail at proofreading, the member/vendor is ZEUS... can a mod fix that thread name?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What did you pay? Do they offer one for the jdm rear?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 07:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Thanks for the unexpected review... I'm not as visible around here as I used to be, but still around.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 07:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by 596736
What did you pay? Do they offer one for the jdm rear?
Sorry, no JDM fitment. They don't import them to the US, much to my dismay. Shoot me a PM and maybe I can see what they would change for one unit.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks good. The last pic showing the outlet seems like it may burn your bumper and you may want to adjust the muffler a bit to the left.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 11:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
looks like a nice quality exhaust setup.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TommiM
looks good. The last pic showing the outlet seems like it may burn your bumper and you may want to adjust the muffler a bit to the left.
yea you're not kidding, it has a habit of shooting fireballs and lighting up the rearview mirror as well I was thinking of either an aftermarket exhaust hanger set I've seen some people have but I'm not sure if that would help at all, might have to take a look under there and see what I can do to move it over a little..
Old Feb 20, 2011, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

The highway test was good, all in all I'm very happy with it, I can hear myself think in the car during regular driving but it is still plenty angry sounding under throttle, deep also just like the original one
Old Feb 20, 2011, 04:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The bolt holes in the flanges allow some "play" on purpose. You should be able to move it over a bit without any drama. Also rotating the downpipe a little makes a huge difference depending on the unit you have.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
The bolt holes in the flanges allow some "play" on purpose. You should be able to move it over a bit without any drama. Also rotating the downpipe a little makes a huge difference depending on the unit you have.
Nice! Thanks for the advice I did not know that, I'll check it out tomorrow after work then
Old Feb 20, 2011, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.maperformance.com/torque-...ts-eh-004.html

I have kartboy hangers on my megan tbe, but these look identical.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zeus
Thanks for the unexpected review... I'm not as visible around here as I used to be, but still around.
I was wondering what happened to you!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks nice! That's a pretty huge can too. haha Sadly, I've grown out of the round-can designs because Cali po-po's love em and will write you up for having one.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 03:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63punk
Looks nice! That's a pretty huge can too. haha Sadly, I've grown out of the round-can designs because Cali po-po's love em and will write you up for having one.
I can't imagine what I would do out there... got to be one of the most amazing places to live (from what I hear) and the cops have it out for anyone who owns a wrench set.. even if I wanted to move I'm not sure I could do it lol.. in the summertime here I've seen full slick tubbed out racecars with parachutes cruising around on a Friday night, and you guys can't even change one little thing

The tip on this one makes it not as visible I should take a couple more pics when the car is cleaned up, I've always liked the look, sounds and performance hands down for the money

Quick Reply: Megan Racing exhaust replaced with new Megan Exhaust from Zeus!