Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Rexpeed Gurney Flap Issue

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011 | 05:20 AM

Rexpeed Gurney Flap Issue

I did not have a great experience with this particular item from Rexpeed. The other items were fine and the contact guy tried, just not enough. This is how it went for me. Just want to give people a heads up if they order the gurney flap.

I ordered an electric blue gurney flap from Rexpeed. It arrived in a flap box which was bent to begin with. I opened it and it was bent beyond repair, painted in black, and the paint was chipped. I contacted Rexpeed and told them the issue and I also suggested to ship the item in a square box to prevent bending and they agreed to send me another gurney flap for free. It came within 2 weeks in another flat box. It was the right color, not bent, but the paint was chipped off. I rubbed my finger against it and it would just keep flaking off. I contacted Rexpeed again and they agreed to send me a 3rd gurney flap for free. I told Rexpeed that if this 3rd gurney flap came messed up that I would call it quits and chalk it up as a loss for me. The 3rd time the item came it was chipped and again it would flake just front rubbing my finger on it. I ordered a touch up paint pen, dabbed the paint on the gurney flap, slapped it on my Evo 8, and called it a day. I am hoping the paint won't flaked off over time or it is coming off.

Although I was disappointed with the gurney flap, I would still order other items from Rexpeed just no more gurney flaps. The guy I was in contact with did try. I chalk this one up as a loss for me.
Old Mar 5, 2011 | 08:32 AM

Sorry for your experience.

FWIW never order anything pre-painted unless it's from the dealer, and even then I'd still take it to a proper bodyshop to have it prepped/painted before installation.
Old Mar 6, 2011 | 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by fasterbater
Sorry for your experience.

FWIW never order anything pre-painted unless it's from the dealer, and even then I'd still take it to a proper bodyshop to have it prepped/painted before installation.
lesson learned