Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Advise to non-California residents - Don't be misled by Southcoast

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2011, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advise to non-California residents - Don't be misled by Southcoast

Just want to share my bad experience with Southcoast Mitsubishi. Just angry at myself right now for being ignorant on this . Should have done more research.

First Lie: They will say that you don't have to pay taxes in California, but as soon as you got there, they will say you have to pay their taxes. So, I ask for lesser price and got a little bit of discount. After this, I thought everything was ok but...

Second Lie: They said that they will register our car in our state. But after 3 months, we received.... California plates. Tried to talked to them and they will deny saying all those things. I should have recorded all of our conversations. You paid for registering it in Cali (around $500) and end up paying more for registering it in your state.

Just wan't to warn others whose planning to get theirs and don't be deceived like me (Stupid me!!). Oh well, I guess we got a good road trip out of it.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
You're in Texas...should have saved yourself the hassle and just gone straight to Don Herring Mitsu in Irving.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 02:29 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
you can always request a temp tags that will be able for you to drive out of CA and register in TX. if they really want it to be registered in CA, then they will usually tell you. closed.