Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Beware of Enkei and Gruppe-S Performance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All one must do is google grupp-s and you will see their customer service habits. Just go on Nasioc and check it out. It's beyond me why people still order from them. If it was an ebay store, they would be at about 70%.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 04:03 PM
drb
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I ordered some brake pads from them and they sent me the wrong ones. Even though it was clearly their mistake they were extremely slow to respond. When they finally did respond they didn't do anything to help out. I ended up ordering the correct pads from someone else and I sold the pads that they sent to me at a loss just so I wouldn't have to deal with them. Terrible customer service.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine took about two weeks longer than what they told me to receive. Not only that but I asked if they mounted and balanced the tires there and they told me yes. I received the tires and wheels separate. Maybe it was a misunderstanding but I purchased the wheels through them for a price I thought included mounting and balancing the tires...
Old Apr 9, 2011, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
this has all been going on for years. i have placed 2 orders thru them and both were a disaster. i dont know how such simple orders can go so wrong. whoever runs the place needs to fire whoever is actually managing the sales staff. its pathetic.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 07:03 PM

Ouch, that's a crappy situation on both sides. Two years ago I discovered that Gruppe-S was located right around the corner from my work, bought a Greddy TiC exhaust from them and they installed it right away (installed for $70 less than I've seen it retailing anywhere else on the web). I walked back and discovered that my car was quieter than a Camry, but the tech pulled the pre-installed silencer out for me. Ahhh, that's the sound I was looking for. Great service and a killer price, and a great install. And they wrapped up the stock (heavy) exhaust for me to take.
It's a tough situation to be left hanging by a supplier...the only thing to do is back it up with tireless customer service and great communication. Thanks to both sides for showing us both what to do and what not to do.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

why are they a gold sponsor here given the experience of members?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zeus1
why are they a gold sponsor here given the experience of members?
Gold sponsorship is 100% paid for, not earned.

I'm not sure I understand whats the real issue is here. Is it the delay and lack of communication or is it the fact that the wheel arrived damaged?

p.s. - I think the title should be beware of Gruppe-S and UPS, not Enkei.

Last edited by Boltz.; Apr 13, 2011 at 09:57 AM.