Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Beware of Enkei and Gruppe-S Performance

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware of Enkei and Gruppe-S Performance

I don't know where the problem lies nor do I care at this point. I paid for a set of RPF1's that were supposed to ship within a couple of days. I was told the rims were in stock and there would be no delay. I asked this several times. Six weeks later, really poor communication on the part of Gruppe-S and even an outright lie (the rims were never on their dock, they were direct shipped from Enkei in TX), I finally received them. Had I been told this upfront I wouldn't have placed the order with Gruppe-S. Others had them in stock at their warehouse. You don't sit on someone's $1400.

So I finally get the rims and to my horror one is bent. The old tires and rims were already broken down. The old tires are shot. I had to drive on them six weeks longer than I wanted. The new tires won't go on the old rims and you don't drive around with stagger on a AWD car.

I was promised a replacement rim would ship the following day because it was "too late to ship today." I was promised overnight delivery.

MY CAR IS UNDRIVEABLE.

Should have had the rim today. NOTHING.

Gruppe-S not responding.

I PAID $138 MORE TO ORDER FROM GRUPPE-S AND SUPPORT A FORUM ADVERTISER. ANOTHER SHOP HAD THEM IN STOCK IN TEXAS RIGHT DOWN THE STREET FROM ENKEI.

IF GROUPE-S WANTS TO PLAY THE PART BROKER/DIRECT SHIP GAME THAT'S THEIR PROBLEM. ENKEI DIDN'T RUN MY CARD, GRUPPE-S DID. THEY NEED TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE.

Links to videos of the rim and packaging.

Rim damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPeb2w5qMqE

Imprint from damaged lip in cardbaord packaging

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToXEwPqCEQ4
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

This is a legitimate, well put complaint. I hope Gruppe-S helps you out. Thanks for the vids too.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
there is a lots of complain about them even in this forum look it up.
one here, but there was a long thread about them before.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...rchid=15309817
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

I ordered my Volks Te37 SL from them on March 1st - Still haven't shipped out yet, I tried cancelling with them yesterday, they said there would be 20% Cancellation fees thats like $300 cause Mackin Ind., wouldnt take em back or something like that.. I also have had trouble getting emails & resonable customer services from them. but ( Adrian) decided to step up yesterday and get, Anyway's I hope they come in perfect conditions as I also would not be pleased and make a claim threw paypal or whatever.. Still waiting for Tracking .,

keep you posted !
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

could of been while in shipping tho
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fittest
This is a legitimate, well put complaint. I hope Gruppe-S helps you out. Thanks for the vids too.

I concur. I see nothing wrong with OP's complaint as it seems fully justified. It also is worse because he went out on a limb to purchase from a vendor here and paid more only to be treated with less courtesy than the other shop probably would have given him (this is only an assumption based on the fact that any performance shop in today's rough economic times knows that taking care of the customers is one of the only ways of staying in business any more). Good luck to OP. Most of us here know what it's like to be without our cars due to errors from shops, shippers or ourselves.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:33 AM

This is an omen. RPF1's are weak anyway. The are going to bend sooner or later. Take this as a sign and spend more money for a forged wheel.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pawkingss
This is an omen. RPF1's are weak anyway. The are going to bend sooner or later. Take this as a sign and spend more money for a forged wheel.
Had two years on my last set that I sold with the car. No problems at all and you can ask anyone that knows what a tuner car is in my area and they'll tell you it isn't because I'm driving it like a Prius.

I did finally receive an email from Gruppe-S today. Apparantly the overnight shipping is no longer being offered and I'll have to wait until Wednesday for delivery. No response yet as to what held the replacement up.

I'm not some kind of complainer. I didn't even to call and ask what the problem with my original order was until it was a week late which was over two weeks after paying. I accepted each put off of "Enkei didn't get stock in their container shipment this week and next Monday is the next container" in stride. I did get a little testy at the end when no tracking was available for days when I was told they shipped. I'm not unreasonable about internet / mail order. It's what I do for a living in the computer industry.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

that sucks man. i've always had good service and shipping from them when purchasing WRX parts.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MonacoGP
I don't know where the problem lies nor do I care at this point. I paid for a set of RPF1's that were supposed to ship within a couple of days. I was told the rims were in stock and there would be no delay. I asked this several times. Six weeks later, really poor communication on the part of Gruppe-S and even an outright lie (the rims were never on their dock, they were direct shipped from Enkei in TX), I finally received them. Had I been told this upfront I wouldn't have placed the order with Gruppe-S. Others had them in stock at their warehouse. You don't sit on someone's $1400.

So I finally get the rims and to my horror one is bent. The old tires and rims were already broken down. The old tires are shot. I had to drive on them six weeks longer than I wanted. The new tires won't go on the old rims and you don't drive around with stagger on a AWD car.

I was promised a replacement rim would ship the following day because it was "too late to ship today." I was promised overnight delivery.

MY CAR IS UNDRIVEABLE.

Should have had the rim today. NOTHING.

Gruppe-S not responding.

I PAID $138 MORE TO ORDER FROM GRUPPE-S AND SUPPORT A FORUM ADVERTISER. ANOTHER SHOP HAD THEM IN STOCK IN TEXAS RIGHT DOWN THE STREET FROM ENKEI.

IF GROUPE-S WANTS TO PLAY THE PART BROKER/DIRECT SHIP GAME THAT'S THEIR PROBLEM. ENKEI DIDN'T RUN MY CARD, GRUPPE-S DID. THEY NEED TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE.

Links to videos of the rim and packaging.

Rim damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPeb2w5qMqE

Imprint from damaged lip in cardbaord packaging

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToXEwPqCEQ4

Originally Posted by MonacoGP
Had two years on my last set that I sold with the car. No problems at all and you can ask anyone that knows what a tuner car is in my area and they'll tell you it isn't because I'm driving it like a Prius.

I did finally receive an email from Gruppe-S today. Apparantly the overnight shipping is no longer being offered and I'll have to wait until Wednesday for delivery. No response yet as to what held the replacement up.

I'm not some kind of complainer. I didn't even to call and ask what the problem with my original order was until it was a week late which was over two weeks after paying. I accepted each put off of "Enkei didn't get stock in their container shipment this week and next Monday is the next container" in stride. I did get a little testy at the end when no tracking was available for days when I was told they shipped. I'm not unreasonable about internet / mail order. It's what I do for a living in the computer industry.

Don-

At the original time of this order there were 4 rpf1's in stock at enkei. It just so happened we are not the only ones who wanted them. I don't know how they handle their purchase orders over at enkei. But we were placed on backorder and at enkei's mercy. I apoligize for the lack of updates on the status of your order. I personally took over this order after the damage occurred to try and fix the situation. You must understand that we (gruppe-s) did not damage these rims nor did enkei. UPS is to blame. It's a bad situation when this kind of thing happens but on rare occasion it does happen. In these such cases we do our best to fix the situation. I have been in contact with you quite frequently over the past 2 days since the damage occurred. Even to the point where I gave you my personal cellular number so you can send me the picture of the damage. I let go of the fact that you texted me at 6am because of the time difference just to let me know you sent me an email at work. I understand your position. As per our conversation over the phone I did my best to convince enkei to overnight your wheel. As far as they are concerned it's a UPS issue and it is going to be treated as such. They don't want to spend $250 to overnight a wheel.

Be assured that we will take care of you in any future business, if you so choose to give us the chance. We hope to be able to earn your trust in the future.

Best Regards,
Matt and the Gruppe-S staff
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

I was visiting from out of state and my clutch gave out (rivets came undone) exedy stage 2 4 puck cerametallic and gruppe s did an awesome job. I worked with adrienne and he squeezed me in to get my clutch changed out. Nothing but appreciation for the guys at gruppe s and especially Adrienne.

Thanks a lot!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:47 PM

I've ordered springs from Gruppe-s before had no problems with the shipping but their customer service/communication is horrible.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 02:17 PM

I also ordered rpf1's from gruppe-s and received them with no problems. Sorry to hear about your situation.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Pawkingss
what a dumb off topic comment to make....

looks like Gruppe S salvaged it... I still be pissed if I was the OP though.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Gruppe-S has always been very responsive in my dealings with them; hopefully it works out for you

Quick Reply: Beware of Enkei and Gruppe-S Performance