Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My JAM Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 07:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenny, which side of the crank has the heated discolored thrust? The side the clutch is on or the balancer side?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Damn jam! Did it again! Yeah that bs! Detanation causeing thrust bearings to go bad and fall out! Haha! So up and down force will cause something that goes side to side to fail! New physics jam style! You have been nicer than I would have been. Good luck!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow is all i can say man, you should consult a lawyer go after them for time and money of yours theyve wasted, and have them pay for a buschur or ams 2.3 or 2.2...i guarantee you after this bs they put you through and then sent you the wrong displacement engine in the end, with fu*ked up parts. thats a pretty clear cut case, of bad business. my 0.02 comin from the other side of the counter, i know if the shop i worked for did somethin like that, there would be reprocussions, up to and including someone gettin fired, cuz they should be eatin up the replacement engine cost. word of advice: dont go to jam to get an engine done.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GregGSC
Kenny, which side of the crank has the heated discolored thrust? The side the clutch is on or the balancer side?
Not sure to be honest, maybe clivew can tell from the photos?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:53 AM

Ridiculous! I couldn't ever expect JAM to treat customers like this. :/ I hope they see this thread and comment on what's going on. Also I hope it all gets sorted out instead of them ignoring you, that's definitely not the way to treat a consumer. Especially not in this economy...
Old Apr 4, 2011, 01:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GregGSC
Hi Greg,

I haven't seen the crank due to JAM still having it, we kept the thrust bearings in the UK after finding them both in the sump, after removal to reseal due to an oil weep.

The clutch used in the car was a twin plate superclutch/quartermaster, and the thrust bearing that was fitted incorrectly was on the oil pump/front side of the centre main bearing. Thus it was not taking the thrust load of the clutch, but only controlling crank float (Thus the reason it lasted as long as it did)
Old Apr 4, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

thats horrible. and it seems like they sent you the wrong engine afterwards in spite.

never doing business with them!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

After seeing some stuff JAM has posted on here, I would never think once about buying a motor, head, or anything else from them for that matter.

Its lame hearing about people getting burned by dishonest shops. I'd go for getting some money back, it sounds like you spent a pretty penny with them.

Good luck in the future.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i went to JAM one time. and it was not a good experience. i went to pick up some no tick lifters. and i was yelled at by im assuming the owner for parking in the "wrong" spot. if anyone has been there, the place is basically ran out of a garage. how am i supposed to know where to park when theres no signs at all. its just a house and a garage.

well i go in and the more i think about it, i get pissed off that this guy is gonna yell at a customer for no reason. so i told them they can keep the lifters, ill go with another company and walked out. im not gonna spend my money somewhere where the business is not appreciated
Old Apr 4, 2011, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I still wouldnt be happy Kenny, I would pursue them purely based on the fact that you paid for a Fully Built 2.2 (with forged crank) and ended up getting fobbed off with a 2.3 and standard crank (which still had isses) and came in parts rather than fully built.

Perhaps one of the US guys can point you in the direction of someone of legal profession who can chase them for compensation on your behalf.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Wow! Just saw the whole you got a standard crank and not the billet forged one. The forged crank alone would be the cost of parts to build a 2.3 stroker short block! My buddy had a jam 2.3 and this thing made so much noise that the knock sensor was constantly going crazy.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 01:07 AM

Thats really sad! I wonder how they would react and move with their business in the future.. Im pretty sure theyve lost a lot already from members here! Thanks for the share man!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 08:38 AM

I too would chase them down for what i paid them for and not settle fr something i didn't want. if the roles were reversed you can be sure they would be chasing you down
Old Apr 6, 2011, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

I've had two dealings with JAM and BOTH times were horrible... I'm honestly surprised they're still in business...
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you OP very much for this post. It is informative factual posts like these that keep other members from losing/wasting their hard earned money as well. I'm sorry for your troubles & wish good luck!

Quick Reply: My JAM Nightmare