Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Boost Logic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost Logic

Long story short, I needed a mini battery for my ic setup. I liked the one Boost Logic used since it incorporated a miata battery instead of a mini one and I wanted to make sure it would fire up in the north east winter.

http://www.boostlogic.com/xcart/prod...&cat=83&page=1

Ordered it on 3/17 and checked the status last week and noticed it was still in Que. I know they were busy with the TX Supra meet, etc, so gave them the benefit of the doubt. I figured it was an item that was made to order and one needed to be fabbed. No biggie, just want to know if I will see it 2 weeks or 2 months, so emailed looking for an update. Got a response they were backed up with fabrication (understandable, they do great work) and someone would contact me the next day. Didn't hear back for several days so sent a follow up email and heard nothing. Had to call this morning only to find out they no longer make this item.

Would have been nice to be contacted, considering my email and phone number are on the invoice, but I guess I just have bad luck with shops.

Not trying to bash the shop, but rather save someone else from ordering one and getting let down since they still have it listed on their site.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kevinlubitski
Not trying to bash the shop, but rather save someone else from ordering one and getting let down since they still have it listed on their site.
Trust me you didn't miss out on anything..

Here is my last E-mail to them. The unit is just not designed to fit on our cars.

Summary: The Boost Logic Battery Tray does not fit on my Evo 8 due to these key problems.

1. The bolt Holes on the Battery tray that are closer to the center of the car do not align to the Evo's Battery tray location Holes. Please look at the pictures for reference. The holes where not properly drilled or the clearance on the right holds needs to be cut deeper.

2. I considered drilling the holes bigger to make the battery tray fit, (Which I shouldn't be doing, considering I paid over $300 dollars for this part to fit) but then I realized there is another issue with this Battery Tray. Whoever put this tray together I believe made a mistake on the Battery Tray position. If you look at the pictures and video closely, you'll notice that the Battery Tray when installed, is closer to the center of the car; Which means it's closer to the upper inter-cooler pipe which it needs to clear. The Battery Tray/Holder should have been positioned closer to the Battery Wall of the car (Driver side, not the center).

*The entire reason people would consider buying this kit is because they want an alternate solution to the small battery kits (More battery life). People swap to the small battery kits from the stock battery because they need the clearance for the upper inter-cooler pipe to fit. Because of the design of your Tray. Even if the bolts Aligned perfectly the Battery Tray holder would cause clearance issues with the Upper Inter-cooler pipe.

3. The other issue I've noticed with the Boost Logic battery tray is that it doesn't have the correct curvature to fit in this location. The Evo Battery location sits on top of an engine mount that has a curved surface. Because the bottom of your Tray is entirely flat it doesn't allow the bolt holes closer to the center of the car to hit flush against it's bolt location. I see you guys added a bit of curve to the bolt holes but I can tell nobody actually test fitted this unit as the curve isn't the right degree and angle to make the fitment flush and fit.

Conclusion:

I am a very patient and understanding person but at this point, I am completely disappointed by the product I received from your company. Aside waiting over 3 1/2 months for this part to arrive (I originally placed my order on 4/1/11) order #675) I just feel like you guys let me down. Aside of waiting a long time for the part to be made, I was ready to give you guys praise for a great idea and need that the Evo Community would embrace. I'm sure more orders would have come but at this point instead of starting a "Bad Experience Don't deal with Boost Logic Thread" I'd like to cut my losses and simply request that I get a full refund with additional money to cover the shipping costs.

My main issue is that you guys need to really test this tray and prove that it fits before you guys start selling it. I only offered my recommendations based on my experience but there may be more details missing not just my suggestions for this tray to fit. Stand by your product and I will stand right next to you but for now. I'm asking for a refund because I don't think you guys feel more work on this issue is beneficial to your company and a full refund to me solves the problem quick and simply.

Thanks again

Gilbert.

Links to Videos

Boost Logic Tray not Fitting:
http://db.tt/aK5nGuA

Video to Show the Upper Inter-cooler Pipe Clearance Issues.
http://db.tt/WUJ9iTA

AMS VS Boost Logic Battery Trays for Reference
http://db.tt/WUJ9iTA
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They've agreed to refund me my money.. and informed me they never test fitted the part since they don't have an Evo on hand. I think they make awesome Supra parts but for Evo's I'll never buy a part from them again.