Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Buschur Evo X Crossflow Exhaust review with facts!

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2011, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick@Buschurs
All the clamps are the same. Or they should be. However when I order them in bulk quantities as I do it is possible the distributing company sent me an oddball one and I may not have noticed as they are all in the exact same packaging. If you get a moment send me a pm or a email with a picture of the smaller one you mentioned sir as this is the first time I have heard mention of someone getting a smaller clamp than the other.
Ok when I go to switch the clamps Tuesday ill take a pic of all 3 the 2 I have ans the brand new I ordered Wednesday from you Guys
Old May 8, 2011, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ugakirk
I hate those stupid clamps.
Agreed, especially in climates that use road salt b/c you need to install them so tight by the time they get a little rust on them they're a major PITA to loosen/remove. Buschur should use regular flanges or V-band like everyone else outside the domestic/truck industry. The only benefit they have is added adjustability.
Old May 12, 2011, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Ok so I think I fixed the sagging issue finally. I ordered a new clamp from buschur which I was told it was $18 and never told there would be $10 for shipping($28 kinda sucks), shipping was quick it came like a day and a half later I get the clamp its the same exact thing as the one on the exhaust currently. I put it on tightened it down to 70ft lbs and a day later its sagging. Being Frustrated I call My buddy to just have it welded together, he suggests to get one of these (see link) 1st and if that doesn't work then he'll weld it.
http://www.google.com/m/products/det...ed=0CB8Q8gIwAg
So we go to pepboys and find a 3.5" one for $4 and of course next to it is litterally the same clamp buschur sent me, brand, size everything for $10.99 and I paid $28 so that kinda sucks; mainly cause it didn't work. But anyway I put the clamp listed above around the band and tighten the $h!t outta it and now the exhaust doesn't budge its been 2 days and not one sign of sagging. Ill update again In a few days to see of that is a permanent fix that isn't welding the whole thing together...I really do like the exhaust I think buschur should have just put flanges on it though.....I don't know if anyone else who has a crossflow has this problem or its just me cause i bought it used. I'd be pissed if it was brand new and this was happening though.

Last edited by disturbedfan121; May 12, 2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old May 12, 2011, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I think you should have used an impact like has been suggest multiple times and then the clamp we sell will not budge either. 70 ft lbs isn't even close to enough and that's why myself and Nick have both suggested an IMPACT. The clamp we sell has to FORM TO THE TUBING.
Old May 12, 2011, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

David on the packaging for the clamp it says to torque between 40-60ft lbs*; I torqued it some more to be sure. And the I tightened it up with an impact the 2nd time, it worked but 2 weeks later it sagged. This time i torqued to the specs on the parts you sent me. If they specs aren't good enough maybe some different parts should be used.

I don't wanna fight about it, it works now its fine. I'm not attacking you or the company, just informing what i've had to do is all.

*Pics of Packaging

EDIT: to prove I'm not trying to fight or be libel, do a search anytime someone asks what exhaust they should get i recommend the X-Flow

Last edited by disturbedfan121; May 12, 2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 02:18 PM

Just wanted to chime in (I know it's an old thread). I picked up a Crossflow, threw it on today in between headlight work (while I try to wrap my head around what to do about a headlight issue). Anyway, quick and easy install. Few notes -

1. The first slip fit off the cat pipe is Big->Little. Shouldn't it be Little->Big to ensure there's no chance of a leak? Either way, I tightened the clamp all the way, and it didn't leak. Whew.
2. The second slip fit (at the muffler) really is a PITA without an impact. I used a breaker bar to get it tight to the point it didn't leak. So far no sagging.
3. On my car, for it to fit properly, the pipe is very close to the underside of the car and is hitting it every time I hit a bump. I'm pretty sure it's just the rotation of the mid pipe section slightly off, so I'll have to get under there another day and adjust it. For now I'll live with the knocking every time I hit a bump.

The sound of the exhaust is AWESOME. It's nice and QUIET until you get on it, then it has a nice growl at WOT. My passengers can hear me again when I talk in the car, or use bluetooth on my phone, and I don't need to turn the radio up to 80% volume to hear it!

FWIW I'm coming from an AMS downpipe, resonated testpipe, and Tomei Expreme Ti catback. Kept the rest, but swapped in the Buschur. I recently had meningitis so the residual headaches made my commute to/from work difficult with the Tomei. Keeping the Tomei in storage for now but I'm seriously considering sticking with the Buschur for a while.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:04 PM

I have the exact same setup, only difference is a HFC and the sound is perfect!