Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

South Coast Mitsubishi - Very poor service experience

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2011, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down South Coast Mitsubishi - Very poor service experience

Hi All,

I've had my Evo X GSR since I bought it new in Oct. 2008. The car currently has 53k miles on it and it has been a very great family car. This is the car my wife drives to run her errunds and we also take it on road trips a few times a year.

I recently noticed a slight whining noise from the rear of the car on a recent road trip to AZ. I narrowed it down to the ACD/AYC hydraulic unit. The fluid level was fine and there were no leaks anywhere on the system (I jacked the car up to check). Got back home and made an appointment to take the car into the dealer and have it checked out. My car still has a valid powertrain warranty which should cover this problem.

Tech looks at my car and they have it all week untill the mitsu rep comes in and tells the tech that the procedure that he deemed necessary to correct the noise would not be covered by warranty. The technician claimed that air was in the ACD/AYC system and it would need to be bled out to make the noise go away. The service advisor told me this is not covered by the warranty and I would have to pay $225 to perform this procedure. I didn't agree it wasn't warranty but I agreed to pay because I want my car fixed for my wife to have it back. Picked the car up on thursday and from the moment I started to drive the car out of the service drive I could still hear the noise. I was pretty disappointed. I mentioned to the tech (who is the shop foreman and service manager WTF?) and he said to bring the car back on thursday again for the mitsu rep to look at it.

I have filed a complaint with Mitsubishi Corporate and they have advised me to have the vehicle towed back to the dealership on Monday. I don't have any confidence in the technical compitence of the shop foreman at that dealer. When I sat down with him in his role as the service manager I asked if he changed the hydraulic pump because the shop manual specifically states the pump longevity would be affected if there was air in the system. He said no. I asked if he used the shop manual procedure to check if the pump was still healthy, and he again said no. The shop foreman/lead tech/manager's name is Rigo and he is not very easy to talk to. He was defensive when I asked him about the shop manual procedures and seemed to know nothing about them.

To top it all off, the only place that has ever serviced the differentials on this car is this dealer. ! Couldn't air in the system be the result of their differential service? It very well could be.

Any Ideas on what to do?