Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

From One bad Shop to One Great Shop

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2011, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From One bad Shop to One Great Shop

Ok, well I have been working on my car for about 4 months with the major mods I have added. I was being tuned at Ptuning and at first things were seeming to be ok but things rapidly went downhill. I started off by having the Tune done right after I installed the 84mm FP Red with the FiD Manifold that they were making and all the supporting mods. The tune was not that strong but hey I was not very knowlegeable. I then need a 60k service for the 2nd time as a older shop screwed me and did not do the work but charged me for it.
Well when I left something was off and I told them this and they said it was nothing called back after 1 hr and said hey and told them either my Oil Shaft was off balance or my Balance shaft was 180* off. So they say bring it in and I do what happend they did not align the Oil shaft properly and they told me they have done numerous Evo's 60k services well now I was getting worried. I had the car back now it was only a week into the tune and the tune corrupts yes thats right the tune files was corrupted and was blamed on the EvoScan 2.0 software being used to flash my car when it was on 1.3 later to find out that was a cable only.
Then I get the car to the shop in limp mode and they take a week to figure that out and gave me a rental for this time, Then I get the car back and they retune it reuseing majority of the old tune. Then I am having several check engine codes pop like Idle Control Error, Random Misfires some fuel Cell light came on etc... They tell me to change my IAC as thats the Idle issue so I do. it was not the case the car needed to be flashed on evoscan and have the Biss Screw adjusted so I wasted 350 bucks on a IAC motor. I used that time also to replace the TB Shaft Seals and clean out the TB.
I then had them re tune it again as it was not running right anymore and they said ok and I paid them 200 to do it which was a deal but the car was making no power at all. 389hp 328.7 ft/lbs at 26 psi in 4th gear but the power was in and out at best when it was even there. Well I then was mad and so now I went to get a new tune and TSCOMPUSA stepped in and helped me get everything thus far put back together. I was now making 398hp 345 ft/lbs in 3rd gear before I decided to switch to ecu controlled boost which is awsome thus far. I decided to look and go get dynoed again and I was running the same boost.
The car was knocking like crazy the timing map was all over, it looked like a retard was tring to draw while on a roller coaster while tripping on LSD. Now TSCOMPUSA's tune is smooth and also my SD tune was way out of wack as well and that has been fixed. Then I also was smelling fuel and Ptuning said it was nothing and they dont know why, well I do they shoved the Injector into the seal where it meets the IM and ripped it so guess what I was leaking fuel on a hot Intake Mani so I got new seals from FIC the viton seals as well the purple seals lol. Its amazeing when you have a seal what you can do. Then before I met TSCOMPUSA the clutch went out so I had that replaced by Ptuning as well and guess what I found today. There was no Washer on the Motor Mount Bolt on the Tranny and it was eating into the frame and we found what we think is the Timing cover bolt behind the AC Compressor bracket where it meets the Motor so theres a good reason for some false knock. I also had to fix the DP where they shortend the TP to put a Restrictor on the exhaust to try and eliminate boost creep and the DP was on the OIL Pan.
So I now have a great tuner that got my SD Fixed, Tune Running Great and has me on ECU Boost and I have a major shop that supports me very much as I am now doing for them which is Moore Automotive. Today they fixed the DP,TP,Added a washer to the Motor Mount got the bolt out of the AC Bracket and gave me great support and some other small items as well. So please be warned to stay away from Ptuning if you are in the MD,VA,DC area.
Old May 8, 2011, 01:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
that is a lot of reading.. and we did spend a lot of hours getting your car where it is right now.. it had lots of issues, both drivability and WOT. If I had to guess, id say we did about 50-60 rom edits so far including adjusting the knock sensor, sd tuning, wot tuning, etc.

Chris @ moore automotive definitely helped a great deal so far with it as well. removing stuck bolts, remounting trans mounts, cutting/removing rattling heatshields, re-routing wideband wires, giving great deals on dyno time, etc etc.. very helpful person.
Old May 9, 2011, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
that is a lot of reading.. and we did spend a lot of hours getting your car where it is right now.. it had lots of issues, both drivability and WOT. If I had to guess, id say we did about 50-60 rom edits so far including adjusting the knock sensor, sd tuning, wot tuning, etc.

Chris @ moore automotive definitely helped a great deal so far with it as well. removing stuck bolts, remounting trans mounts, cutting/removing rattling heatshields, re-routing wideband wires, giving great deals on dyno time, etc etc.. very helpful person.
Yes we have and its been a hard process but very rewarding thus far and I could not ask for anything better. I am sure that I wont ever visit Ptuning for even a Car Wash after all their major screw-ups.

Basic short run down-

-1st SD Tune was corrupted a week after it was done
-60k Service was botched via not aligning the Oil Shaft
-Dropping a bolt in the front of the motor between the AC Compressor and Engine
-Modifed the TP to add restrictor and allowed DP to hit Oil Pan
-After another tune the timeing and A/F was all over
-SD Tune I beleave was a Patch not a true SD Tune
-Did not replace the Washer where the Motor Mount Bolt goes above the Trans

Theres more but its from my friends car so I cant say much.

Ptuning=Complete Fail
Old May 9, 2011, 09:17 AM

Glad you got it sorted. You should post this on dcevoclub as well.
Old May 9, 2011, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

yea had some work done by Ptuning, they have a nice facility, but of course you cant just go by looks, i had them do a tire rotation and balance and asked if they could put the weights on the inside of the rims, low and behold, weights on the outside, but was no biggy, but at the same time, something so simple i asked for and they get it wrong, which would make me wonder, but they did fix my flex pipe issue created by another now defunct shop
Old May 9, 2011, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by logicrow21
Glad you got it sorted. You should post this on dcevoclub as well.
Already done.
Old May 9, 2011, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hmmm im not going to say much but you were praising them hardcore when you started not to mention if im not mistaken didnt they give you a deal or rather make you that FID stock frame manifold as well. Guezz man thats why before you go to any shop plenty of research must be done to ensure you are in the right place not just a quick walk though and what people in the shop are saying. Glad your getting it sorted out but it sucks to have to REDO **** again period. double paying is never cool
Old May 9, 2011, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
hmmm im not going to say much but you were praising them hardcore when you started not to mention if im not mistaken didnt they give you a deal or rather make you that FID stock frame manifold as well. Guezz man thats why before you go to any shop plenty of research must be done to ensure you are in the right place not just a quick walk though and what people in the shop are saying. Glad your getting it sorted out but it sucks to have to REDO **** again period. double paying is never cool
You are correct Rock I was praiseing them highly at one point. I got allot of issue fixed on a sweet deal lol so it was not that bad trust me. I since sold the FiD manifold and went to a Stock Buschur Manifold to fix all the problems and the issues through my trips to ptuning and all. I was also refered to the shop from several other Evo Owners so I thought it was a decent place.

Last edited by BEISSEN; May 9, 2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old May 9, 2011, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
You are correct Rock I was praiseing them highly at one point. I got allot of issue fixed on a sweet deal lol so it was not that bad trust me. I since sold the FiD manifold and went to a Stock Buschur Manifold to fix all the problems and the issues through my trips to ptuning and all. I was also refered to the shop from several other Evo Owners so I thought it was a decent place.
understood. when you ready for a stock manifold you know where you need to go next
Old May 11, 2011, 01:35 PM

We believe that a customer has the right to express their opinion, but when he/she decides to twist the facts we feel that it’s necessary for us to respond.

However, as a professional courtesy, we will not respond to this post with details. For those that wish to know the whole story, please contact us at 703-257-1728.

Regards,
PTUNING
Old May 11, 2011, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR DSM IX
We believe that a customer has the right to express their opinion, but when he/she decides to twist the facts we feel that it’s necessary for us to respond.

However, as a professional courtesy, we will not respond to this post with details. For those that wish to know the whole story, please contact us at 703-257-1728.

Regards,
PTUNING
why dont you just post what he is lying or NOT lying about period there are alot of people on this forum that would like to know so if they have friends in the area your shop is not automatically disqualified from business. Its sounds really bad and as if you do shotty work and cant tune period. No need to call just post whats up
Old May 11, 2011, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR DSM IX

Regards,
PTUNING
WOW, Really thats cool. If others want they are more then welcome to PM me after and ask me any question they like.

Originally Posted by RockmanX
why dont you just post what he is lying or NOT lying about period there are alot of people on this forum that would like to know so if they have friends in the area your shop is not automatically disqualified from business. Its sounds really bad and as if you do shotty work and cant tune period. No need to call just post whats up
Thanks Rock I feel the same way, I have seen where lies were posted in the past and they responded directly now they wont hummmmm,lol
Old May 11, 2011, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BEISSEN
There was no Washer on the Motor Mount Bolt on the Tranny and it was eating into the frame .

are you referring to the rear motor mount or the drivers side motor mount? Where is this washer supposed to go?

Anyhow, sucks that there are shops out there doin stuff like this to people. Sounds like you got your car sorted out though so thats cool.
Old May 11, 2011, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TommiM
are you referring to the rear motor mount or the drivers side motor mount? Where is this washer supposed to go?

Anyhow, sucks that there are shops out there doin stuff like this to people. Sounds like you got your car sorted out though so thats cool.
Drivers side.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 09:51 PM

good pointing this out.. lol! so i know who should i go now

Quick Reply: From One bad Shop to One Great Shop